Definitely needed some more, but were having speed at all different kinds of tracks. Considering all of its drawbacks, stage racing is more trouble than its worth. Ahead of the season, NASCAR has released the race and stage lengths for the season. Blaney a distant second. No issues. I feel like weve had a little bit of a stronger start to the season, but not always had the results. They are now trying to regulate /money cap teams in an effort to make underfunded teams competitive. The logic behind offering extra stage points for the Coca-Cola 600 has never made sense. 5 car views Ross' antics post-race. Kyle Busch might have gotten roped into that mess an unlucky break after having to restart in the back for a costly speeding-on-pit-road penalty after the competition caution. Fly those Confederate flags, all you rednecks! He probably needs to get his butt whooped. - @brennanpoole on Ross Chastain#NASCAR, He needs his butt whooped. - Brennan Poole pic.twitter.com/IGemBM23yr. "This is for everyone that doubted me," Truex said. The Super Bowl of racing is upon us. Remember, everyone from P12 finds themselves down at least one lap. Yes, its not a sport for everyone and trying to make it so is really trashing it. The wreck happened in the first stage of the race, a fact both Larson and Poole pointed out after the crash. Although there is a lot the same or at . Martin Truex Jr. has won twice at Dover on Mondays, and Chase Elliott won last year's race on a Monday. NASCAR at Kansas results: Kyle Larson's third straight win leaves NASCAR Cup Series race at Dover rained out, moved to Monday Watch videos, and stay up-to-date with everything NASCAR. Denny Hamlin couldnt quite chase down the 24 car. Maybe his aggressive driving did pay off, after all. I owe a big apology and a bit more. broadcast any way. He is a native of Columbus, Ohio and currently resides in Southwest Florida. pic.twitter.com/nbwPb18usr, Miles the monster is awake Big trouble!Daniel Surez is done for the day. Get in-depth, sideline coverage of Charlotte area sports - only $1 a month. So, I think it was the No. Obviously, we were pretty off there from when we unloaded, but we got quite a bit better, quite a bit closer, but we just needed to get the balance. Sixth stage win of the season. Look at 2019 2020. As an additional bonus, and to add potential fireworks to the top of the field, the winner of each stage earns a point he takes with him to the playoffs, assuming he makes the postseason roster. 3:24 p.m.:Chastain trying to make a move on the race leader Truex. Logano's day come to a close with 13 laps remaining. Thought today, man, late caution, whats going to happen here? Lap 120: Stage 1 goes to William Byron! Byron led a race-high 193 laps. William Byron closely behind him. SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will carry the PRN broadcast. Kyle Busch, after starting Stage 2 down a lap, is somehow hanging in there in the Top 10. How Many Hours Long Is A NASCAR Race? - Motor Sports Racing 12 was trying to make a move on the outside. It was better racing when they did fly those flags. William Byron had one of the days fastest cars in the first two stages and led a race-high 193 laps. 43 Allegiant Chevy, you know, we were kind of back and forth on the balance throughout the day just trying to get some stuff better, but we came a long way from where we were in practice. "Just so thankful to be here. The Wurth 400 NASCAR Cup Series race at Dover Motor Speedway scheduled for Sunday has been postponed to a noon start Monday due to rain. Just proud of Blake (Harris, crew chief) and everybody on this team for a great job., Erik Jones Finished 16th: Its a good day for our No. What you are saying you like about the stages is that they artificially prop up teams that cant compete. Were not far off here. Rain postpones Dover NASCAR race to Monday If another network broadcasts races, they do a better job. STAGES: Stage 1 ends at Lap 120. Dale Earnhardt came from a lap down to win more than once. You see this trend happen most often on superspeedways, venues where NASCARs drivers dont need any additional risk of serious wrecks. We stayed in it that whole time. Use yellow for real cautions (actual wreck, fluid on track or real debris on the track). "Most people didn't believe in me, and I still did," Truex said. The Daytona 500 is NASCARs marquee event each season, without question, and should award the most points. We also had an issue on our green flag stop to end it. Youre kind of just rolling out of the gas. Pretty chilly in Delaware, a cool 59 degrees. It just doesnt even interest me anymore. As recently as a few years ago, it seemed almost unbelievable NASCAR would make major adjustments to its Cup Series schedule. See the section below for the latest news. Excited about that, proud of our day especially Chris (Buescher) running well. I tried to send it into (turn) 3 to clear the No. Personally, I like the stages that encourage drivers to not just ride around and wait for the end of the event to actually start racing. Youll sell the place out again. 2:19 p.m.:Chastain is rollicking down the track. 19 Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing. ET. Since NASCAR went to stage racing have stopped watching it, Liked the way it was back in the day, 70s 80s and 90s when racing was racing! Larson returned to the track after repairs. 'I belong here': R. Truex wins first NASCAR race, Hendrick to drivers after injuries: Take it easy, Bowman out at least 3 races after sprint car crash, Busch barely makes finish in OT win at Talladega, Burton wins Xfinity Series crash-fest at Talladega, Hamlin claims first superspeedway pole at Dega, Harvick was once NASCAR's punk kid. In 2022, NASCAR reverts back to the original racing format as the Cup series will bring in the season with the Next Gen car for the 64th annual Daytona 500. It didnt work. 12:02 p.m.:Engines are started! Lap 387: Caution! I tried to get to the top and search for clean air. Heres the Top 10 at the moment: William Byron, Denny Hamlin, Ryan Blaney, Ross Chastain, Martin Truex Jr., Brad Keselowski, Chris Buescher, Josh Berry, Kyle Larson and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Another note: Noah Gragson couldnt meet minimum speed after his wreck back on Lap 27 so hes been ordered to the garage. I just feel like its not necessary. Road courses ? So its kind of pathetic. Austin Dillon edges Kyle Busch to the finish both were running a lap down so Dillon gets the free pass for Stage 2. The Wurth 400 NASCAR Cup Series race will now be held Monday. Its unfortunate to be out of the race this early at a race track that we normally run very well at.. The 8 car has had a frustrating day, huh? Sorry. Just didnt have quite enough speed for those top-two guys at the end there. Keep the stages so they drive hard all race not just the end BUT stay green!!!!! A NASCAR race is just commercials and wrecks, but not a lot of racing. Why are there stages in Nascar races? I mean, just a joke 80-something laps into a race? Kevin Harvick is third, 38 points behind Chastain, After an early-race crash sparked by Ross Chastain parked Brennan Poole in Mondays Cup race at Dover Motor Speedway, Poole said Chastain probably needs to get his butt whooped.. Truex led the final 11 laps and 68 of the final 69 laps. NASCAR Race Results - Wurth 400 | NBCSports The win was Truexs fourth at Dover. Why are restriction plates needed. Nascar better fix this . DOVER, Del. As soon as he ran into me, I just kind of got shoved into the corner, like way too deep, and then I was just immediately turned around. Here is your guide to NASCAR racing weekend, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Ahead of the season, NASCAR has released the race and stage lengths for the season. View stage lengths for every NASCAR Cup Series race in 2023 below. But since nobody knew if or when the yellow flag would come out, crew chiefs had to be flexible. "We'll get on track and kind of see where we stack up and go from there.". If worst comes to worst and the race has to stop, the driver in the lead after at least 100 laps or the end of. Two laps to go but the tire difference will be telling. You didnt get to pick which lane you wanted to restart in. The green flag waves on the Daytona 500 on Sunday, February 20th, and it brings a new era of racing for the sport of NASCAR and the starting lineup is set. It's Blaney and Truex fighting for first, within Chastain tight in third. Who had a good race: Martin Truex Jr. battled for the lead in the final stage and stayed out front despite a late-race caution that bunched the field. Just over 10 laps to go at Dover. Weve dominated races, and it just would never all come together. I love stage racing. He takes Larson with him, whose right front is completely torn apart. Let it run its course. He has penned Up to Speed for the past six years. that the Hendrick Motorsport star says f it, makes the modifications needed to get himself around Chastain and take him out. 5 on lap 81 at @MonsterMile. Martin Truex Jr. snapped a 54-race winless streak, scoring the victory Monday at Dover Motor Speedway. Everyone collecting stage points (in order): Chastain, William Byron, Ryan Blaney, Martin Truex Jr., Denny Hamlin, Ty Gibbs, Chris Buescher, Tyler Reddick, Chase Elliott, Christopher Bell. https://t.co/EjZAgvCTle pic.twitter.com/dLp4TmT2JY. I havent watched much racing in last six to eight years. What stages are in the NASCAR Cup Series and how they work - HITC 2:26 p.m.:Chastain nabs Stage 2 at a cantor. No reason. Kyle Larson ran well during the first stage, but his car was badly damaged on Lap 81 when Ross Chastain hit Brennan Poole, sending Poole into Larsons path. Overall, really great effort especially for how weve been here in the past. 5. We were just so close again for our No. Yet if there is one policy that is currently holding NASCARs road racing back, it is stages. Monday Cup race at Dover: Start time, TV info, weather Busch will start Stage 2 not on the lead lap. Next up? 19, and he did the same thing and was able to get around us. It was just a big day for us. That can be quite tricky in a big, heavy stock car on a twisty track like Sonoma, where passing opportunities are limited. View stage lengths for every NASCAR Cup Series race in 2023 below. Stage 2 ends at Lap 250. I dont know, I need to go back and look at it. Brotherly love was on display at Dover this weekend, as Martin Truex Jr. joined younger brother Ryan in victory lane with his win in Monday's Wurth 400. Joey Logano is done for the day in Dover. Now in the fifth year of its current format, will this rule be the next one to fall by the wayside as the sport goes through a wave of recent changes? That's a big blow for Busch, who moves from the front to the rear in the blink of an eye. Especially when its eight or nine cars on the lead lap at the end. 1? Plus story lines, how to watch NASCAR Cup Series race at Dover, 2023 Wurth 400: Preview, Odds Trends, Best Bets, Dover Cup Seres race postponed, moved to Monday, Racing superstar Tony Stewart has conquered a lot. 1:13 p.m.:Poole not happy with Chastain, who is up to P2 after the restart. Teams are reporting not much tire wear, and Josh Berry took advantage of that by only taking two tires. STARTING LINEUP: Dover Cup starting lineup. He's being trailed closely by Joe Gibbs Racing star Christopher Bell. We will keep focusing to get back where we need to be starting next week in Kansas., Joey Logano Finished 31st: There was fire, so something broke. I got another shot next week to go prove myself again, and hopefully it turns into more., Noah Gragson Finished 34th: I dont know what happened. Brutally early exit for the 99. There are 3 stages in nearly all NASCAR races. Four races - that is all that remains for winless NASCAR Cup Series drivers hoping to grab a berth . Its just been a disappointing year overall. As a result, NASCARs longest race offers more points than any other event all year. 12:50 p.m.:Byron and Hamlin are putting on a show as we approach the midpoint of Stage 1. Stage racing is an addition in the value and the entertainment in the race held to promote the fun mainly within the game and the competition. They have the money,the sponsors the facilities and the talent. It was my first time in a new Cup car, and 80 laps out for what? Seemed to have spurred him on; he's in the Top-5 now and charging hard on Hamlin in P4. Not great, from our vantage point. Kyle Larson took home the third and final Round of 16 race in the NASCAR Cup Series playoffs at Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, Tennessee on Saturday evening. Baby Jessica, it appears you've fallen into the well. 2023 www.delawareonline.com. The Nascar points system is not working. I was going to Riverside when I was a kid and there was plenty of excitement at the races. ALSO the last 50 miles of the race,start yanking these multiple laps down cars off the track,theyre only getting what 2 points anyway!!!! Here is the points breakdown for the top 10 finishers of the first two stages: In the event that the finish of the Daytona 500 (or any race) is threatened by bad weather, the race is official upon the conclusion of Stage 2, no matter how long that takes. Truex led Chastain by about a second before the Logano crash. David Suggs is a content producer at The Sporting News. Simply put, stage racing has not delivered on the goals or promises that supported its creation. Its a function of plates/spacers at those tracks. It is not uncommon to see someone other than the race winner earn more points in a typical race weekend thanks to stages. Elliott has raced only four times this season and missed six races with a broken left tibia that he suffered in a March 3 snowboarding accident. Will a streak be broken today? This is the second straight year Dover's only Cup race was postponed because of rain and third time since 2019. See the spin below: Lap 27: On the restart, Noah Gragson knocks into the wall on Turn 2 and spins out. And Ross Chastain edged Alex Bowman to claim Stage 2. Its kind of been a struggle track for us, and Im proud of the gains we made., William Byron Finished 4th: The middle section I dont know, I need to maybe do a little better job on the feedback, and then just us communicating the adjustments there. What happened to STOCK CAR RACING!!! By offering points at the end of those stages. Diversity sucks ! Copyright 2023 Sporting News Holdings Limited. Also of note, Larson met minimum speed. Perhaps a new schedule full of road courses and short tracks really will usher in an era of better racing. Watching teams trying to adapt their strategies to changing race conditions made Sonoma fun. zMAX Dragway in Concord. Looks like he's trying to secure a good spot before that competition caution. Up to Speed: Cup Series Rookies Steal the Show at Talladega, Up to Speed: Patience Seals Martinsville Victory for Kyle Larson. 12:11 p.m.:Plenty of race fans here at Dover. This is why I quit watching NASCAR. What time does the NASCAR race start today? It felt like weve been close a bunch of times, and we gave some away, thats for sure, Truex told Fox Sports. Honestly, I'm on cloud nine. Ford drivers benefited from the rain, with Ryan Blaney starting third, followed by Brad Keselowski, Chris Buescher and Chase Briscoe. Weve led laps. They should not stop the race at stage ending. Daytona 500 stages: Explaining the format, stage lengths for 2022 3:38 p.m.:Green flag back at Dover. The driver who seems to draw the ire of everyone in the garage area at some point every weekend has notched another stage win on the year. Tap for race details, viewing information and more! They never even get on tv. Awesome job., Ross Chastain Finished 2nd: Whoever got in the lead was going to have a shot at it. I guess I told him (Martin Truex Jr.) too many of my secrets last year after we went fishing., Ryan Blaney Finished 3rd: Either two (tires) or were staying out was the call, and we came in and took two. I just drove in side-by-side with No. And we have a late-race restart incoming. Hamlin is getting a good. It's probably too late to turn back now anyway. Chastain jumps past Blaney to claim sole control of second. 1:03 p.m.: CAUTION! Stage racing falls in line with the squeamish that give losers a trophy too, to go along with the spanking they just got. Watch now on FS1. Daytona 500 stages: Explaining the format, stage lengths for 2022 NASCAR season-opener, Full starting lineup for the Daytona 500 in 2022. Quickly changed our minds. Some fans have advocated for expanded use of local yellows. -- Rain has postponed the NASCAR Cup Series race scheduled for Sunday at Dover Motor Speedway until Monday. Can the 1 car pass three cars in this incoming short run and make it happen? Meet Ross Chastains 2 Newest Enemies: Kyle Larson & Brennan Poole. The Wurth 400 will be broadcast on FS1 in the United States. Byron was a dominant force in winning the first stage but said his car got very loose later. Just let them race. Copyright 2023 Sporting News Holdings Limited. Stage racing is like having a time out Screw that, racing dont have time outs. 15 and No. Solid top-10 day drove back through. Still a long way to go, but that 1 car is fast. I hate road courses, if I wanted to watch road courses, Ill watch the Indy cars. 12:05 p.m.: Engines fired. It is preferred that the race end under green and the race can be extended to do so. Busch, enjoying a successful first season with Richard Childress Racing, won last week's race at Talladega Superspeedway. He's got a near 1.5-second edge over Byron in P2. Second place gets 35 points, third gets 34 points, fourth gets 33 points, until 36th-40th, all of which get just one point. It may be a longer race than the Daytona 500, but longer doesnt automatically mean better or carry additional weight. Poole left the race. Stages 1 and 2 have 65 laps each, while the final stage is 70 laps. February 5Clash at the Coliseum4 Heat Races: 25 Laps2 LCQs: 50 LapsFeature: 150 laps (Race Break Lap 75), February 19Daytona International Speedway65 / 130 / 200, February 26Auto Club Speedway65 / 130 / 200, March 5Las Vegas Motor Speedway80 / 165 / 267, March 19Atlanta Motor Speedway60 / 160 / 260, March 26Circuit of the Americas15 / 30 / 68, April 9Bristol Motor Speedway (Dirt)75 / 150 / 250, April 16Martinsville Speedway80 / 180 / 400, April 23Talladega Superspeedway60 / 120 / 188, April 30Dover International Speedway120 / 250 / 400, May 28Charlotte Motor Speedway (Coke 600)100 / 200 / 300 / 400, June 25Nashville Superspeedway90 / 185 / 300, July 9Atlanta Motor Speedway60 / 160 / 260, July 16New Hampshire Motor Speedway70 / 185 / 301, August 6Michigan International Speedway45 / 120 / 200, August 13Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Road Course)15 / 35 / 82, August 20Watkins Glen International20 / 40 / 90, August 26Daytona International Speedway35 / 95 / 160, September 3Darlington Raceway115 / 230 / 367, September 10Kansas Speedway80 / 165 / 267, September 16Bristol Motor Speedway125 / 250 / 500, September 24Texas Motor Speedway80 / 160 / 267, October 1Talladega Superspeedway60 / 120 / 188, October 8Charlotte Motor Speedway (Road Course)25 / 50 / 109, October 15Las Vegas Motor Speedway80 / 165 / 267, October 22Homestead-Miami Speedway80 / 165 / 267, October 29Martinsville Speedway130 / 260 / 500, NASCAR Rule Changes for 2023: Stage racing update, wall riding, mufflers, rain tires and more, Filed Under: NASCAR Cup Series Tagged With: Cup Series NASCAR NASCAR Cup Series Rule Rule Book Rulebook Rules Scheduled Stage Racing Stages, NASCAR increases penalty for altercations ahead of 2023 season, Clash TV Schedule: February 2023 (NASCAR Cup Series), Bristol Dirt Format: NASCAR stages, pit stops, lineups, NASCAR Watkins Glen Race Format New Stage Lengths. Results and analysis will be posted after the race. Throw out the restricted plates while youre at it. Of all the places for Ryan Truex to turn in a career day, the 31-year-old led a dominant 124 of 200 laps at Dover Motor Speedway. We kept our millions in sponsorship. ( without the free pass). TV/RADIO: FS1 will broadcast the race at 12 p.m. Performance Racing Networks radio coverage begins at 11 a.m. and also will stream at goprn.com. Poole's wreck was one thing. He bounced back from a Lap 124 pit stop issue that dropped him to 20th. Kyle Larson is back on track. While there are usually three stages in each NASCAR race, the exception to the rule is the Coca-Cola 600, which is given a fourth stage due to the longer distance. Might need to get his butt whooped.. 12:26 p.m.:Ooooooooof. A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com, Im not interested, don't show this again, Up to Speed: Stage Racing Makes All-Star Event Just Another Race, https://frontstretch.com/author/bryan-gable/. Stage racing is unwatchable. MONDAY MTJ. The green flag waves for the Daytona 500 at 3:06 p.m. EST on FOX. Lap 26: Track position is everything at Dover, and Kyle Busch has squandered it. Brad Keselowski's tire made a run for it pic.twitter.com/m0SBULmuUC. The running order to start Stage 2: Byron, Ryan Blaney, Ross Chastain, Christopher Bell, Kevin Harvick, Chris Buescher, Ty Gibbs, Hamlin, Joey Logano and Josh Berry. A rainy weekend at Dover Motor Speedway led to several cancellations and postponements. I think they need get out politicking in racing and get back real roots of racing.stop penalising teams for hard work and let them race instead trying to turn it in to fake wrestling. Why Do NASCAR Races Have Stages? - FLOW RACERS By the end of the race I felt like we had improved and learned so much we just couldnt get the track position back. Lap 81: Welp, so much for green racing the rest of the stage! I never miss open wheel, Indy and F 1. It seems like the sanctioning body just threw an extra stage into the Coca-Cola 600 for the sake of breaking the race up even more. Ill have to look at the replay. 20 was dropping like a stone; went from Top-5 to outside of the Top-10 after a few laps. Chastain, who has often been criticized for rough driving, was the central character in a Lap 81 crash. I THINK THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO OLD SCHOOLS RACING DAYTONA 500 UPDATES: The latest from the 2023 Daytona 500, LONGSHOTS: 5 likeliest longshots to win the Daytona 500, Daytona's honorary race official:WWE's Charlotte Flair opens up about WrestleMania feud with Rhea Ripley, at Daytona 500. 11:14 a.m.: The starting lineup for this weekends Cup Series race was set by the rule book after rain canceled Saturday qualifying. ET. There are other sports whom gladly with accept it and whom are willing to accept changing demographics. Ross Chastain finished third. Tap for race details, viewing information and more! If worst comes to worst and the race has to stop, the driver in the lead after at least 100 laps or the end of Stage 2, whichever comes first, will be declared the winner. How are you supposed to build a car when they are constantly changing the rules? There are other ways stages have caused unintended problems. They need to go back to old school racing, when the fastest car to finish first was the winner. Caution is out for an incident involving the No. Rain forced the cancellation of Saturday's qualifying session at Dover, putting two-time winner this season and three-time Dover winner Kyle Busch on the pole, the first time he'll lead the field to green in 2023. The Super Bowl of racing is upon us. No cars are going back to the R&D Center in Concord for teardown. 1 as he slipped into lap traffic. Lets do this again! The Stage racing lost me. A pair of fun facts (depending on who you tell them to): Truex is looking for his first points-race win in 54 tries; Blaney is looking for his first points-race win in 56 tries. I think it did for the majority of the race, but just got too loose., Denny Hamlin Finished 5th: Our car was really fast. So, I think it was the No. See the full lists below, with the number under each. Kyle Busch leading the charge in P1. Live updates from NASCAR race at Dover: Martin Truex Jr. wins, holds NASCAR at Bristol 2021 Results: Kyle Larson Wins Final Round of 16 Use the computer to determine stage points but keep racing. Pole-sitter Kyle Busch is scheduled to lead the field to the green flag at 12:10 p.m. More on Martin Truex Jr.s win plus a rundown of all the notable performances on Monday. Heart Of America 200 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM PDT NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series at Kansas Speedway. Thanks to everybody that stuck with us, all our fans, Bass Pro Shops, Auto Owners, Resers, Toyota, TRD, all my personal sponsors. He sits just outside the Top-10 and is continuing to show improvement race after race.
Ang Kapanganakan At Magulang Ni Diosdado P Macapagal, Companies That Support Planned Parenthood 2019, Articles W