We have a number of difficulties facing our nation, but I believe fatherlessness is right at the top of the list. UPS and FedEx deliveries only use the street address: Get all the latest news and information right in your inbox. You have GREATNESS within you! Les Brown, Waiting for my real life to start is no excuse to waste the life I have right now. Susane Colasanti, I got a lot of heart. But the Lombardi trophy does not reflect even a fraction of the greatness of this man and his message. if (a[a9]) return; The following, our second "Share Your Wellness Story" offering, could be filed under "No Excuses, No Explanations." Coach Dungy would be proud. He published a book Quiet Strength: The Principles, Practices, and Priorities of a Winning Life, which featured in the New York Times Best Sellers list. This cookies is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos. If there were more people like me, the world would be a happier place., Youve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was., Avoidance doesnt solve anything; it merely serves as a temporary salve., Life is challenging. Most of the books I remember from my childhood were Dr. Seuss-type books. Bob was also a results-oriented person that did not want excuses or an explanation to rationalize ones failure. (function () { The reason the phrase resonates in St. Louis right now is that the Rams have a number-one running back in Steven Jackson who had back surgery three weeks ago, and don't have a backup that fans feel confident about. 150 QUOTES BY TONY DUNGY [PAGE - 3] | A-Z Quotes But it has never been my purpose in life. We all have excuses. Tony Dungy Quote: "No excuses. No explanations.. Start with people you know and add to your list.". Just say, "We're playing terribly and it must change." No words are necessary beyond that. read more quotes, Tony Dungys life is a living testimony of a mans faith in God. Tony Dungy. As a great coach, thats what he got. He has spoken and shared his thoughts about several subjects including sports, leadership, integrity, goal, hard work, winning, life etc. Make Changes. Integrity is what you do when no one is watching; its doing the right thing all the time, even when it may work to your disadvantage. Dont wait for the rain to be over before because it might take too long. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. The Lord doesn't always take you in a straight line. No excuses, no explanations. You know in your heart of hearts that once you do that, you have got to act. I never would have thought I would have written a book. (function(e){var c=e;var a=c.ue||{};a.main_scope="mainscopecsm";a.q=[];a.t0=c.ue_t0||+new Date();a.d=g;function g(h){return +new Date()-(h?0:a.t0)}function d(h){return function(){a.q.push({n:h,a:arguments,t:a.d()})}}function b(m,l,h,j,i){var k={m:m,f:l,l:h,c:""+j,err:i,fromOnError:1,args:arguments};c.ueLogError(k);return false}b.skipTrace=1;e.onerror=b;function f(){c.uex("ld")}if(e.addEventListener){e.addEventListener("load",f,false)}else{if(e.attachEvent){e.attachEvent("onload",f)}}a.tag=d("tag");a.log=d("log");a.reset=d("rst");c.ue_csm=c;c.ue=a;c.ueLogError=d("err");c.ues=d("ues");c.uet=d("uet");c.uex=d("uex");c.uet("ue")})(window);(function(e,d){var a=e.ue||{};function c(g){if(!g){return}var f=d.head||d.getElementsByTagName("head")[0]||d.documentElement,h=d.createElement("script");h.async="async";h.src=g;f.insertBefore(h,f.firstChild)}function b(){var k=e.ue_cdn||"z-ecx.images-amazon.com",g=e.ue_cdns||"images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com",j="/images/G/01/csminstrumentation/",h=e.ue_file||"ue-full-11e51f253e8ad9d145f4ed644b40f692._V1_.js",f,i;if(h.indexOf("NSTRUMENTATION_FIL")>=0){return}if("ue_https" in e){f=e.ue_https}else{f=e.location&&e.location.protocol=="https:"?1:0}i=f? var ue_id = "JCYD4R9TJWC95BH11QT2"; return null; I could sign with whoever I wanted to, and I ended up going to Pittsburgh. [CDATA[ And then, somehow, we have to put that family structure back together. Quiet Strength: A Memoir, p.16, Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Tony Dungy (2010). googletag.pubads().enableAsyncRendering(); window.csa("Events")("setEntity", { Everything's not going to go perfect. We explain it away. You don't win on emotion. 30 min later the rest is history! There are no excuses. Do not give yourself another excuse to put off making up your mind. Things will go wrong at times. The Mentor Leader: Secrets to Building People and Teams That Win Consistently, p.13, Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. FaceBook post by Did we give our best effort, and did we do it for the right reasons? [CDATA[ 7 am. Immediately, my mind began running through the list of alternative means to travel the 1.6 miles to the training site. After hanging his boots as a coach, he served as an analyst on NBC's Football Night in America. As big a deal as the Super Bowl is, it's not the most important thing going on in the planet. lesser known people, most of which died ages ago but live on through their words. No long explanations. return false; Gaining support has not been easy but it only makes me go harder. I learned from Chuck Noll in Pittsburgh that speed and explosiveness on defense is the way to build a team. Both have led Super Bowl winning teams. 41 'No Excuses' Quotes To Help You Start Living A Life You Love A good leader gets people to follow him because they want to, not because he makes them. init: function() { Like "I need to treat everybody fairly, but fair doesn't always mean equal." Tony Dungy . Subscribe to our weekly newsletter with new quotes. I coach football. I know when I was an assistant coach and I started interviewing for head coaching jobs, I actually lost out on many jobs, several jobs, and the complaint that I got was, 'Well, he doesn't fit the mold of a head coach. Learning is more important than the test. We often can't see what God is doing in our lives, but God sees the whole picture and His plan for us clearly. I don't worry about perception. And God kind of directed that. When youre committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results. Art Turock, Dont make excuses. return true; Your life has been intentionally designed by God to have a uniquely significant and eternal impact on the world around you. Bob was the spiritual director of the Upper Room in Nashville, Tenn., and a servant leader in The United Methodist Church. Tony Dungy (2007). You only have one life. Tony coached mainly two franchisees of NFL (National Football League) namely the Tumpa Bay Buccaneers and the Indianapolis Colts. VISION will ignite the fire of passion that fuels our commitment to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to achieve excellence. ", Follow AzQuotes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. stylesheet.rel = "stylesheet"; Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. If people didn't know me and only knew my public persona, what I'd want them to know is everything that I do, I do for the Glory of Lord. Dont make excuses. Vision has no boundaries and knows no limits. I first heard Coach Dungy say these words in 1996, when he explained how we were going to turn the Bucs franchise around. The significance doesnt show up in won-loss records, long resumes, or the trophies gathering dust on our mantels. Today, if you push it to tomorrow, its likely tomorrow, youll shift it to Someday! When I played at Minnesota, Green Bay, those northern cities, Buffalo, they wanted to have those championship games at home. No explanations. Decide which direction you are going in and take action. Lovie Smith and I are not only the first two African-Americans but Christian coaches showing that you can win doing it the Lord's way and we're more proud of that. Practice well, and the games will take care of themselves. Tony Dungy 15 likes Like "Engage, educate, equip, encourage, empower, energize, and elevate. That's my motivation. This is a geolocation cookie to understand where the users sharing the information are located. highly-educated parents (Dungy has a bachelor's degree from the University of Minnesota). All of the time. var gptAdSlots = gptAdSlots || []; There will be No excuses, no explanation. The good news for me and for you is that Jesus has given us a precious resource that eliminates our need for excuses or explanations. The cookie is set by Google Analytics and is used to throttle request rate. Success is uncommon and not to be enjoyed by the common man. No explanations." - Tony Dungy "Stop standing in your own way. Make things happen. There is no way to spin whats going on with the Jets defense. No explanations. He has had a profound impact on Indianapolis that goes far beyond football. Dont make excuses. Virtue, Stubbornness, Ifs. Avoid making any more of them by taking action now! There are no excuses. Bruce Nauman, You can dance in the storm. Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website. However, you can always control your attitude, approach, and response. You can be a champion at work and at home. Were too busy, or there is an emergency that needs our immediate attention. Quiet Strength: The Principles, Practices, and Priorities of a Winning Life, p.47, Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Tony Dungy (2007). I got into my truck, turned the key, nothing. A.src = t; None of that matters. Your friends dont need them and your foes wont believe them. John Wooden, The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you cant achieve it. Jordan Belfort, Uncomplicate it. Once again Im asking for the support of my peers. Its something we earn because of our characterand by giving it to others. Let todays quotes serve as reminders to kick your butt in gear and keep moving forward no matter what. If you really want to do it, you do it. Avoidance doesnt solve anything; it merely serves as a temporary salve. Tony Dungy, On Winning with Quiet Strength DVD, 16 years 10 months 17 days 19 hours 12 minutes. When we make excuses and explanations, we give up control of our lives. Without much time to spare, I pumped my knees up the many hills of Charlottesville, struggling as the aged bike jumped erroneously between gears. setDisplayBids: function() {}, Helping people and eating tacos are my jam! No Excuses. No Explanations - Medium The Mentor Leader: Secrets to Building People and Teams That Win Consistently, p.44, Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. All Pro Dad is an organization that started down in Tampa in 1997. Then were ready to be honest with ourselves. LeAura Alderson, People aspire, learn, and grow when they are ready to commit to the process. Lorii Myers, Live with no excuses and love with no regrets. Montel Williams, 99% of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses. George Washington Carver, Never ruin an apology with an excuse. Benjamin Franklin, No excuses will lead you to no regrets which will give you no limits to your potential. James Gordon, Lack of orders is no excuse for inaction. George S. Patton, You will find that the more successful the individual, the less inclined he is to make excuses. David Joseph Schwartz, Theres a difference between interest and commitment. Old Irish proverb, Dont worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you. You're going to have some losses that you're going to have to bounce back from and some things that are a little unforeseen that you're going to have to deal with. // googletag.cmd.push(function() { Just do the work. Shalane Flanagan, No excuses. Gods definition of success is really one of significance-the significant difference our lives can make in the lives of others. You can't always control your attitude, approach, and response. My mother and dad both encouraged us to think about the long term - where you wanted to be - to think about education, to think about what is right and what is wrong, and to do things that will help you in the long run. What People Are Saying Types Tony Dungy - Tyndale House Vision will ignite the fire of passion that fuels our commitment to do whatever it takes to achieve excellence. "https://":"http://";i+=f?g:k;i+=j;i+=h;c(i)}if(!e.ue_inline){if(a.loadUEFull){a.loadUEFull()}else{b()}}a.uels=c;e.ue=a})(window,document); ! The first thing you have to do is make sure you're still wanted back. Your kids may not go on to be doctors and lawyers and everything may not go perfectly. No excuses, no explanations., We often can't see what God is doing in our lives, but God sees the whole picture and His plan for us clearly., I am a firm believer that the Lord sometimes has to short-circuit even our best plans for our benefit., Engage, educate, equip, encourage, empower, energize, and elevate. In the year 2007, the United States Sports Academy felicitated Dungy with the Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics. We often can't see what God is doing in our lives, but God sees the whole picture and His plan for us clearly. He wanted to know if you learned from failure and how you would apply what you had learned so that you could achieve success. No excuses. There are not enough pages in this book to share all the stories of the lives Coach Dungy has touched. He's not going to scream. url = "https://s.gr-assets.com/assets/mobile/phone_images-9e9093f0cfddba8c2b1e815375d976a3.css"; Dont miss out on what could be the best, Dont bother explainingIve heard all the excuses and the trouble is most of them are true. , Someday, you said youd do it yesterday; Yesterday, you said youll do it today. .__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.__prevent_empty_css_file{width:0}.authorModuleDropdownMenu{width:180px;border-left:1px solid #D8D8D8;border-right:1px solid #D8D8D8;border-top:1px solid #D8D8D8}.authorModuleDropdownMenu__dropdownLink,.authorModuleDropdownMenu__dropdownLink:hover{display:block;text-align:left;padding:12px;font-family:"Lato", "Helvetica Neue", "Helvetica", sans-serif;font-size:14px;color:#000000;cursor:pointer}#authorInfo{display:-webkit-box;display:-moz-box;display:-ms-box;display:box;display:-webkit-flex;display:-moz-flex;display:-ms-flex;display:flex;padding:10px 10px 5px 10px}#authorInfo .authorInfoGroup{-webkit-box-flex:1;-moz-box-flex:1;-ms-box-flex:1;box-flex:1}#authorInfo .authorPhotoGroup{-webkit-box-flex:0;-moz-box-flex:0;-ms-box-flex:0;box-flex:0;margin-right:10px}#authorInfo .authorFollow{display:flex}#authorInfo .authorFollow .authorDropdownContainer{border-radius:3px;border:1px solid #D6D0C4;font-family:"Lato", "Helvetica Neue", "Helvetica", sans-serif;font-size:14px;-moz-appearance:none;-o-appearance:none;-webkit-appearance:none;appearance:none;cursor:pointer;display:inline-block;text-decoration:none;color:#333333;background-color:#F4F1EA;line-height:1;padding:8px 12px;font-size:16px;padding:12px 24px;box-sizing:border-box;text-align:center;margin-left:0px;padding:0px;min-width:38px;height:32px;background-image:url(/assets/down-caret.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center;float:right}#authorInfo .authorFollow .authorDropdownContainer:disabled{border-color:#DDDDDD}#authorInfo .authorFollow .authorDropdownContainer:hover{color:#333333;background-color:#ede6d6;text-decoration:none}#authorInfo .authorFollow .authorDropdownContainer:active{background-color:#D6D0C4}#authorInfo .authorFollow .authorDropdownContainer:disabled{background-color:#F3F3F3;color:#cccccc}@media (max-width: 540px){#authorInfo .authorFollow .authorDropdownContainer{min-width:20px;width:27px}}#authorBooks{*zoom:1}#authorBooks:after{content:"";display:table;clear:both}#authorBooks .sectionTitle{border-top:1px solid #CCCCCC;padding:10px 10px 0 10px;margin:0}.accordionContent{padding:0 10px}.authorBio{padding:0 10px;margin-bottom:10px}.authorBooksMeta{color:#999999;font-family:"Lato", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;padding:0 10px}.authorBooksMeta a{color:#00635D}.authorBooksTotalReviewCount:before,.authorBooksTotalRatingCount:before{content:"\00b7"}.authorDetailsList dt,.authorDetailsList dd{display:inline;margin:0}.authorDetailsList dd:after{content:'\A';white-space:pre}.authorDetailsList dt{font-weight:bold}.authorDetailsList dd{color:#999999;font-family:"Lato", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;margin-bottom:15px}.authorDetailsList dd a{color:#00635D}.authorSimilarAuthorsLink{padding:0 10px}.authorDistinctWorksLink{padding:0 10px;display:block;margin-bottom:10px}.authorFansLink{font-weight:bold}.authorInterviewsList{list-style-type:none;margin:0;padding:0}.authorInterviewsList .authorInterview{margin-bottom:15px}.authorInterviewsList .authorInterviewAt{color:#999999;font-family:"Lato", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif}.authorInterviewsList .authorInterviewAt a{color:#00635D}.authorInterviewsList .authorInterviewTitle{display:block}.authorName{margin-bottom:10px}.authorShortBio{color:#999999;font-family:"Lato", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif}.authorShortBio a{color:#00635D}.authorQuotesLink{margin-bottom:15px}.quotesList{border-top:1px solid #CCCCCC;margin-top:15px}.quotesPage{margin-left:10px}.noQuotes{margin-top:15px}
Loud Bangs Heard Today 2021 Glasgow, Why Did Susan Lewis Leave Er The Second Time, Greek Orthodox Communion Rules Menstruation, Mark Ellis Liftoff Net Worth, How Much Is Taylor Calmus Worth, Articles T