By the way, this is my first review everya, that bad. Get quick answers from SOL Mexican Cocina staff and past visitors. Served 'wet' - $1.50. I took one bite and hit ice. Do you have a quiet room where I can host a meeting for 10? People are so nice. The atmosphere was nice, more of a contemporary, upscale than a fun Mexican restaurant. few guacamole options the Sol one is very delicious. Literally, ice. We sat for at least 15 before we were acknowledged. Carnitas were fatty with little flavor. I will recommend it. We created SOL to share the uniquely fresh, simple coastal cooking of Baja and bring you the same wonderful feeling of relaxation that we love about Baja. We both ordered taco plates - carne asada for my husband and pork carnitas for me. Outside on the patio there are fire elements and more tables. Get a look at the largest Sol Mexican Cocina, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Get a look at the largest Sol Mexican Cocina now open in Irvine, Stagecoach 2023: Guy Fieri, Jon Pardi toss barbecued turkey legs to hungry fans, Restaurant owner Alicia Cox offers food and drink to OC beach-goers, LA County Fair 2023: Hot Cheetos Cheese Pickle Pizza, dining discounts, much smore, Status Update: Rocker and OC resident Sammy Hagar opens beach club in Surf City, 10 top spots to find both beer and food in Orange County, Recipes: Bake these cookies to give as gifts on Mothers Day, Miranda Lambert shares family recipes and history in new cookbook, Wendys beloved chili to be sold in grocery store cans this spring, Status Update: Dutch Bros. drive-through coffee shop plots first OC locations, Orange County restaurants shut down by health inspectors (April 20-27), More land sliding at Casa Romantica; residents evacuated, trains halted through San Clemente, Orange County Artist of the Year winners announced, Fire at Barnes & Noble in Orange disrupts book-signing event, Then and Now: Photos of Casa Romantica show damage caused by landside, Cold, drizzly week ahead for Southern California, OC Marine who volunteered in Ukraine, survived rocket attack: I would do it again, The DMV says permission to drive is based on ability, but older drivers are scrutinized more, Dementia doubles in Orange County in less than a decade, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. 10/10 location and ambiance. Review of Sol Mexican Cocina By: Tom Wilkinson. SOL recently opened a location in the Shops at Cesars. for a server to come take our drink orders, which was not due to the restaurant being too busy. Worth a visit. job title: FOH & BOH. Escape To Paradise Without Going Away. She covers restaurant openings, closings and industry trends. Service was slow and at the time it wasn't busy at the restaurant. JOB FAIR-SOL Mexican Cocina coming soon & WE ARE HIRING! It's not the best Mexican, but it's a nice experience! Bravo to you all for keeping it friendly and warm! Good service. Food is cooked on open flames at SOL Mexican Cocina in Irvine, CA on Thursday, March 24, 2022. When we ordered our entrees I asked for the red rice and black beans & was informed that they were out of rice-our server asked if just beans were ok. Available in our House, Cadillac and Watermelon flavors. Get a free appetizer just for signing up, plus a birthday surprise on your birthday. Yes we do have a private dining room. Prices and availability are subject to change. $4.50 per shrimp is outrageous. SOL Mexican Cocina - Las VegasResponded on February 1, 2023We want to extend our sincerest apologies concerning all the issues that you have faced. Enjoy our hand made tortillas, savory entrees, and flavorful margaritas at your next party or event. I called the manager over to touch the tacos because I could not believe what just happened. Good service good good staff super dinner had a good flavor. Experience the taste of Baja. Great service, pricing, and food! 5.0. Celebrate with live music, tacos, tequila, margaritas and more! Explore menu, see photos and read 3259 reviews: "This is one of the best Mexican restaurants in the area and a family favorite! Established in 2009. Enjoy the breeze on our patio or celebrate with family and friends in our spacious dining rooms. Not one complaint. Worth a visit.More, We hosted a Welcome Dinner in honor of my son's wedding for 60 people. It took about 15 min. In fact they were barely warm on the plate. Wouldve had a better experience if I wasnt freezing or if I could actually hear my friends talk. The rice was old and the food was cold and the ceviche was not its usual as it was all tomatoes and onions the guacamole was also not its usual. Theres a dining room on your left with a faux tree in the center and a bar to your right with plenty of comfy seating. The idea for SOL grew out of our many surf trips down the peninsula. Beet & Watermelon Salad with Salted Pepita Brittle. https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/RMO1000RMOP/JobBoard/42a6e854-c47e-4d6b-ad1c-2957ff073e86/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=9e418dc6-f00b-465f-8df9-ec5e1ccfd385, https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/RMO1000RMOP/JobBoard/42a6e854-c47e-4d6b-ad1c-2957ff073e86/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=f03ac97a-e1a5-4ce4-80bb-71affcd89895, https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/RMO1000RMOP/JobBoard/42a6e854-c47e-4d6b-ad1c-2957ff073e86/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=75abc096-b10e-451c-b8b2-633e0c7b18d4, https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/RMO1000RMOP/JobBoard/42a6e854-c47e-4d6b-ad1c-2957ff073e86/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=6ef68899-ec56-4926-8832-4f0f5e6d3f5a, https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/RMO1000RMOP/JobBoard/42a6e854-c47e-4d6b-ad1c-2957ff073e86/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=51889e5f-1173-4b14-9a40-e6c50b6d92e1, https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/RMO1000RMOP/JobBoard/42a6e854-c47e-4d6b-ad1c-2957ff073e86/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=b02b6052-a462-4fe7-8d49-e1b1f84b20af, https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/RMO1000RMOP/JobBoard/42a6e854-c47e-4d6b-ad1c-2957ff073e86/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=00eb1e49-074a-40a7-96b5-39ed922422bf, https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/RMO1000RMOP/JobBoard/42a6e854-c47e-4d6b-ad1c-2957ff073e86/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=0e626367-ace2-4be3-8fb7-404452efb563, https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/RMO1000RMOP/JobBoard/42a6e854-c47e-4d6b-ad1c-2957ff073e86/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=75d3a4eb-e39e-47ad-99b4-a2366aaa8130, https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/RMO1000RMOP/JobBoard/42a6e854-c47e-4d6b-ad1c-2957ff073e86/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=98ed68ea-cff2-49c7-92d9-1fe1f1cb2ca0. But server was excellent. Never offered to refill them. My wife ordered a poblano relleno dish that was supposed to have corn and was $20. The patio is set with cushy lounge furniture as well as full tables for dining. OpenTable is part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services. My quesadilla was so greasy I could barely eat it. No complaints. Had a great timefood was delicious (more gourmet Mexicansooo good! I just happened to pick this restaurant thinking I had been here before, but I was mistaken. The happy hour food is not that great, however the skinny margarita was excellent. Service was excellent our waiter was very welcoming and kind as well as very attentive. Would like to come back, because it's pretty and food was decent, just not sure if I can deal with the service. Known for offering a variety of Tex-Mex dishes, including gluten-free and low-fat options as well as its traditional Tex-Mex fare with a flair, Rio Mambo Tex Mex y Mas is committed to providing guests with quality service and building relationships with the communities it serves.
Take the taste of SOL Cocina home with you. Sign up for The Eat Index, our weekly food newsletter, and find out where to eat and get the latest restaurant happenings in Orange County. Everything in the menu is locally and sustainable sourced, and made fresh daily. Yanni Sanchez, the executive chef at the Michelin-rated, Curious what the runner-up was to Tostitos in the blind taste test? The duck confit was under seasoned but the blackberry sauce with it was very tasty. She wondered where the corn was, but started eating anyway because we didnt want to be difficult and send back the plate. Sign up to receive news about new menu items, events and promotions. This place can accommodate large parties. The carna asada and carnitas both had good flavor, but both relied on lots of chopped onion and avocado for filler and flavor, which was unnecessary. do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers. Order food online at SOL Mexican Cocina, Los Angeles with Tripadvisor: See 75 unbiased reviews of SOL Mexican Cocina, ranked #529 on Tripadvisor among 10,265 restaurants in Los Angeles. Posted $22.00. The look: Giovanni Salvino-Prada, vice president of marketing at Xperience, calls the decor modern eco chic. Surrounding the grand entrance is a garden of succulents, stately palms, petite palms and an exotic dragon tree. They charged me for everything else except one side taco. Fun sitting at window table with another couple for a bday dinner. Delight in Baja flavors paired with hand-crafted cocktails and margaritas. This was the best food during our trip. Everything was fresh and the taco menu is stellar! My boyfriends water glass had lipstick on it, replacement glass was dirty as well. We will definitely re-visit on our return trips to Denver. Our server, Brenda, was patient, incredibly friendly, and handled everything with grace. Took very long time to set up table outside The food was dull and overpriced for the quality and creativity level. It was Christmas after all and maybe they were short staffed or over booked so I'd like to give it another go. If youre searching for a salsa that meets the expectations of many Mexican chefs, Herdez is the one. I had the short rib plate. Dined on February 22, 2023. overall . (Photo by Paul Bersebach, Orange County Register/SCNG), Diners eat on a wrap-around porch at SOL Mexican Cocina in Irvine, CA on Thursday, March 24, 2022. If youre not in the mood for tequila, try the Martini del Sol ($14) with Grey Goose vodka, elderflower liqueur, honey and lemon or the Cold Bruno ($15), an espresso martini laced with SelvaRey Chocolate Rum, cold brew and coffee liqueur. The quality of the food has really fallen off. Yes. The tomatoes had a zesty grip with the right amount of spices and salt, Sanchez said. Good service, nice location. Mexico City. Again, overall experience was all about the atmosphere and the food didn't live up to it. Each SOL location offers varied options for any occasion. Great food, wait staff were so friendly, but took way too long for our drinks to arrive especially since there were many open tables. A couple of GF dessert options would be great for the future. MonThu, Sun 10:00 am10:00 pm Came here for easter brunch. I asked for the carnitas to be crisped and the kitchen did that well. Great atmosphere/view and even better food. Fresh, savory and healthy Coastal Mexican cooking paired with over 100 types of tequila and fine mezcals, offered in a lively setting of modern Mexican design featuring original local art, breezy open bars and fire pits, and warmly welcoming friendly service. The team was surprised when they found out Tostitos brand salsa was the winner. They were so efficient, professional and very very sweet. Great place to watch the sunset at the beach. The food was delicious, but the service was terrible. We serve an eclectic menu of coastal and authentic Mexican dishes made fresh daily including 17 house-made salsas. Id much rather have a lobster roll over at the Venetian. We got our app before our drinks. But the drinks not that good. Service is fast. When our bill came, we had been charged $30 for the higher-priced dish that she did not order ($10 more than what she ordered)! . Not 5 star dining but it worked well for us! Fri, Sat 10:00 am11:00 pm Beans & rice also cold. Along with that, there will be live music from an acoustic artist from 12pm- 3pm. Good restaurant and great service. You can order delivery directly from SOL Mexican Cocina - Las Vegas using the Order Online button. The reviews were accurate! If youre in Vegas you MUST try this! Delicious tacos and margaritas, great brunch menu and fairly priced. Well, she found a lot more after that. Highly recommend the vampiro taco and the guacamole! How does a Mexican restaurant not take the time to make delicious red rice? 1 review. The dessert that was described as being like bread pudding was hard and difficult to eat. XRG concepts include Acapulco, Chevys Fresh Mex, El Torito, El Torito Grill, Las Brisas, Who Song & Larry's, Sinigual, SOL Cocina, Solita, Rio Mambo, and The RIM Scratch Craft Eats. Food was delicious. April 4, 2023 I had a wonderful brunch experience at Sol Mexican Cocina, a cozy and stylish restaurant in the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace. In celebration of Mothers Day on May 14th, we will offer a Mothers Day Brunch from 10am-2pm. Our food and drinks were good. HuffPost may receive a share from purchases made via links on this page. Love the sweet potato and black bean taco but it seemed the kitchen forgot the sauce that is usually on it but no big deal. This multimillion-dollar renovation of a former El Torito Grill occupies 11,277 square feet, including a 2,861 square foot patio set into Centerview, a LEED Platinum property with twin 12-story office buildings. 220 5th Ave. New York, NY 10001. Our server was very knowledgeable and made the BEST recommendations. I had that cheese enchiladas, we also had the fajitas and a salad. Waiter was great, but the food was terrible. It was Christmas after all and maybe they were short staffed or over booked so I'd like to give it another go. Formerly the Victor Hugo Inn, Las Brisas has retained the original elegance and charm with stunning ocean views, a sea-to-table menu infused with traditional Mexican flavors, and impeccable service. employment type: part-time Of course there will be a list of tequilas with some luxe cristalinos for sipping which are barrel-aged, filtered through charcoal and available by the shot ($11-$19). DATES & TIMES: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm. The meat was very tender. Had a fishy taste and almond crust was flavorless. Thank goodness she is not allergic! But it was around $35 for that and I didnt think it was interesting or exciting in any way, and not really worth the money. Got sat at the high tops which were quite uncomfortable and not at suitable for a date night. Discover more artists to follow & sync your music. 2023 Xperience Restaurant Group. It was absolutely amazing! The vibe: This restaurant group knows just how much Southern Californians love a Baja vacation. The food here was extremely good and the staff was genuinely inviting. Since 2008, refined flavors, hand-crafted cocktails and exceptional service have remained the primary focuses. SOL Mexican Cocina - Las Vegas is rated 4.1 stars by 64 OpenTable diners. By entering your email and clicking Sign Up, you're agreeing to let us send you customized marketing messages about us and our advertising partners. ". DATES & TIMES: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm Saturdays 10am-3pm SOL Mexican Cocina Hiring Location: We've detected that JavaScript is not enabled in your browser. JOB FAIR-SOL Mexican Cocina coming soon & WE ARE HIRING! But have you ever wondered what Mexican chefs use or rely on in a pinch when they dont have the time to make fresh salsa? Nice to see the back harbor when a gondola and other boats went by. We will definitely re-visit on our return trips to Denver. 1st, 2023. Guacamole to die for. Not appetizing and not acceptable. The view from the indoor glass patio is beautiful! Thank you so so much! (Photo by Paul Bersebach, Orange County Register/SCNG) Diners eat at SOL Mexican Cocina in Irvine, CA . Our waiter David was absent most of the meal. Sea bass was absolutely not fresh. The service was wonderful. So, we hope you will give us an opportunity to discuss this further with you. SOL Cocina in Irvine, California, features a beautiful cantina and dining room inspired by the . ), atmosphere was quiet(ish) for Vegas, and we had the best server! This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. In fact, didnt even seem like a Mexican restaurant. COVID update: SOL Mexican Cocina has updated their hours, takeout & delivery options. Great customer service and the brunch menu was spectacular. Food and service were great. Nice ambience. Greatest tortilla chips ever. Shrimp was mushy, strange texture and not flavorful. My $18 chicken street tacos were cold, mostly overcooked thigh meat, snd very unappealing on the plate. With an array of fresh and healthy choices from light to filling, there is something for everyone at Sinigual. Raw fish ceviche with fresh lime & orange, habanero chiles & tropical fruit, avocado, cucumber & pico, served in a tall glass with sweet potato & red beet chips, Salted peanuts, with sweet/hot chipotle syrup & cilantro sprigs, served with tostadas, Creamy corn soup with vegetables, lobster broth & wine, finished with buttered baja stone crabmeat, Homemade chicken soup with roasted tomatillo, chipotle, chicken, melted cheese, diced avocado, fried tortillas, onion & cilantro, lime & epazote, Handmade beef & bacon albondigas in a large bowl of house-made broth with diced vegetables & kale, served with shredded cabbage, pork chicharrones, Chipotle shrimp & grilled corn on arugula with lemon & cotixa cheese, Tequila vinaigrette, mango, avocado, cucumber, cilantro, pepitas & red onion, Avocado-caesar dressing, mexican cheese, pico, nopales, almonds, beans & avocado, Tuscan kale and baby spinach with light citrus dressing, tossed with quinoa, mango, pepitas, cranberry, cotixa cheese & crisp vegetable 'croutons', Romaine salad with TJ ceasar dressing, cotixa cheese, green olives & garlic toasts, topped with grilled shrimp & sliced avocado, Roast beets, watermelon cubes, queso fresco, red onion & arugula tossed with lemon-basil vinaigrette, with salted pepita brittle, Single taco, served ala carte. Experience every restaurant in our collection find your SOL in Newport Beach, California; Scottsdale, Arizona; Playa Vista, California; Irvine, California; Denver, Colorado and Las Vegas, Nevada. Also, the draft from the open front doors was quite cold. love this place. I highly recommend this restaurant and will be back again for sure. It took about 20 minutes from there to get our drinks because there was "confusion" at the bar. Always good here, brother in law in from town and wanted get tacos SOL never disappoints us! They are family friendly and have kids menu as well. When we asked the hostess if they could close them, she said she could close "1", but they were mandated to keep the other open by the management. The carne asada and shrimp tacos were great. Dominique was a great waitress. sunnyside primary school teachers, list of federal prisons in louisiana,
How To Add Father To Birth Certificate In Mississippi, Articles S