You had ABX, RIF, Wheels, W4 and a few others jumped in. 5) Torontos AM Top 40 battle of the early 80s Its still a touchstone for most Canadian broadcasters today. Ive started off the comments section with the help of KSCS Dallas APD/MD Chris Huff, Hispanic Market Weklys Adam Jacobson, and Hz So Good author Rich Appel. The mixing engineer will apply autotune, special effects and all the industry-secret formulas to make your song sound like a major hit. You forgot about the CHR battle in San Francisco between KYLD(WiLD 94-9) and KZQZ(Z95.7) in the late 1990s-early 2000s. But it was a pyhrric victory Q105 was headed for Country anwyay. The market had the AC format WVAF, V-100 and WKLC FM 105 Rock station. Both had different styles. We used to drive up to Detroit on Fridays just to hear the battle. As I recall, Levine and 95X stole 94 Rocks copy at the Greyhound Bus pickup location, and Castle drove like mad to Rochester to get a copy from CMF, I think.Both stations wound up premiering it at midnight! CFTR vs. On August 1, 2017, Meruelo took ownership of KPWR, bringing it under common ownership with classic hip hop station KDAY and Riverside/San Bernardino-targeted urban contemporary KDEY-FM, both of which would relocate to KPWR's Burbank studios; KPWR would retain its rhythmic format, air staff, and management. Y94 being very promotionally active showing up at Qs events/remotes etc.. On air battle with free money Contests-each station literally monitoring when the other would be in a stop set, and 93Q running liners talking about Y94 being in commercials but 93Q playing music That was fun! By January 2005, the station had woven in non-R&B/hip-hop artists such as Natalie, Baby Bash, NB Ridaz and Gwen Stefani to the mix, resulting in a return to rhythmic Top 40. 1987-CBSFM vs WNBC-one LAST, DESPERATE attempt by 66 W-N-B-C to knock CBSFM off its perch by doing a Time Machine format on the weekends even with the likes of NY radio vet Carol Mason and ORIGINAL Record Pig Big Jay Sorensen and with some GREAT music, PD Dale Parsons and his crew were left at the gate, to wait the eventual passing of this GREAT station in 1987 * KMEL vs. KYLD San Francisco in the late 80s/early 90s; That battle died with bad CHR product. Popular morning shows included "Welch and Woody" in the 1980s and John Lander and "The Nut Hut" in the early 90s. Tanner the talent side and Isley the research side. His discography includes solo releases such as "Psychotrance 2" in 1994, "Mixmag Live!, Vol. [2][3] The first song on the newly christened "Power 106" was "Say I'm Your Number One" by Princess. And for much of the 80s and 90s, the Traverse City, MI market had its own hot CHR battle between WKHQ (106 KHQ) at 105.9 and WKPK (106.7 The Peak). WMET (Metromedia) vs. WLUP (Heftel) Chicago. Sacto 80;s battle?????? I also listened to Frankie Crocker, Wendy Williams and (I think) Rick Ricardo on WBLS. [18] and contributes to both Mediabase and BDS Rhythmic reporting panels. This is my tribute mix for the 12 o'clock Noon Workout mixes that aired on KPWR Power 106 FM in the mid 1990s in the Los Angeles, CA area. The mother of them all is WYSP/WMMR in Philly. Sean, We loved going to work and kicking butt of the other radio stations in the market every day! * WXKS (Kiss 108) vs. WZOU Boston, also late 80s/early 90s; Power 106's first slogans in 1986 were "Turn on the Fresh New Music Mix", and "I've Made the Power Switch". Just so it doesnt go unmentioned, the Grand Daddy Of Them All, Americas original Top 40 station 660/KOWH & the great 1290/KOIL in Omaha in the fifties. These mixes were spun by my personal favorite dj on the station at the time, DJ Enrie. Thanks for the stroll. I cant believe FLZ vs. Q105 in 89-90 only got *one* mention..Probably the battle I think of when I think of CHR Battles. Why? In 1981 I-95 signed on under Keith Isley and went head to head with Bill Tanners Y-100 ( I was there from 1981-1986) great radiogreat programmers and a real battle. Their production values and energy level were off the chart. Ask any one at The Mighty Met (such as Bob Stroud now at The Drive) How many days it took us to blow up their Loop-Songs promotion. The album topped the UK charts and was named the NME's 1990 Album of the year. [7] KXOL would eventually exit the format on May 16, 2014 to return to Spanish AC as "Mega 96.3" after nine years and moderate to underperformed ratings.[8]. KSDO (KS103) vs. B100 San Diego Also, as of July 2019, KPWR is the official sister station to KLLI ("Cali 93.9"), with both stations airing a rhythmic contemporary formatthe latter as a Hispanic rhythmic. 2023 is the year to get into the music industry. KPWR-FM 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. 8:47 ambrown bag morningsPOWER 106 8:38 amsuperhero (heroes & villains)METRO BOOMIN, FUTURE & CHRIS BROWN 8:35 amkill bill (feat. However, we kindly ask you to provide a clickable link back to Gemtracks.com. In June 2012, KPWR was added to the iHeartRadio and TuneIn streaming platforms. My favorite CHR battle unfolded over the entire decade of the 80s in Rochester, starting with heritage WBBF(AM) which had become Hot AC, vs. CHR WHFM. The WHYT/WDFX battle was fun to listen to (for this non-industry type). my faves Great list. In the early 70s it was WMYQ vs WQAM WPLJ vs. Z100 New York This show was . 10) WHTZ (Z100) vs. WPLJ (Mojo Radio) in the early 90s Z100 vs. WPLJ was a classic grudge match of almost a decades duration but its most intriguing incarnation was its last. (Its during that time I remember hearing both the recently mourned John Lennon and the just-exploding Bruce Springsteen in WBLS music promos.) We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. The "Nothern Exposure 2" was also produced on 'Ministry of Sound' in 1997 before releasing separate mix albums in 1998. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJkxBLgd5Hs, The battle which had me appreciate the fine term Chr rhythmic was close to my home in the Neighborhood of Point Breeze in the city where the Steelers keep rackin up Superbowl wins Pittsburgh. They include "Sinister (The Influence Remix)," released in 1993, "Your Love Is Yours," and "Dreams Of Heaven," also released in 1993. A lot of talent there. Work with an award-winning songwriter from Gemtracks to brew up something poetic and meaningful. (And no need to limit yourself to the 80s and 90s, just because I did.). Please dont forget the great A/C battles going on during the 80s. Sasha and John Digweed paired up in 1993. 1 on Power 106 according to a billboard article from May 25, 1996 . Simon mentioned the HBQ/MPS battle in Memphis in the mid-70s. In all due respect there was NO battle for first as my morning show (the FM102 Morning Zoo) kicked everyones ass for almost 8 full years before the station was ruined and depleted of its mass appeal format in late 1991 after a disastrous hiring by our GM. Tong Began his evening show "Essential Selection" in January 1991. Smooth Jazz WJJZ On Friday, March 12, 1993, at 1:06 pm, Eagle 106 dumped the Top 40 format and became "smooth jazz", with new call letters WJJZ. Mid 80s Top 40s WAEB-FM (B104) vs. WQQQ (Q100)Who did GM Jim Shea REALLY work for? power106.com KPWR(105.9 FM) - branded as Power 106- is a commercial radio stationin Los Angeles, California, broadcasting to the Greater Los Angelesarea. [32] This content began airing in mid-October 2008, and by mid-2009 moved to HD2, replacing Power Dos. Read the book about The Greatest Rock Radio Stunt Ever. Dj EZ (pronounced 'DJ EEE ZED') is one of the earliest proponents of garage music. Click to reveal The announcement comes after Emmis, who exits the nation's second-largest radio market, made a deal in April with its lenders to seek $80 million worth of divestments by January 2018 to amend its credit agreement. One WDFX liner from this period invited listeners to take The Hit Music Challenge If you want Cozy music and a whole lot of talk, punch 95.5. (The liners called it Number One on Earth.) WXLO was the third Urban that couldnt get traction during this time, but it still had unusual, interesting imaging. top 40 battle KSFM KWOD and KROY WUSL vs WIOQ in the early 90s WPGC vs WKYS on going, one of the ugliest battles in radio history. How about Fresno early 60s, Bill Drakes KYNO and Ron Jacobs K-Make. Power 106 | Listen Online - myTuner Radio There was KRBE, a 70s high-energy holdover under Clay Gish where the band Kiss was still a core artist. The last step is to master your mixed song. It was the mixing I heard on the air on Power 106 back in the days. Early 80s WPGC vs. Q107 APD/PM drive on The Pig Thanks again. * WROR Boston v. Kiss 108, 1983: WRORs Kiss off campaign [chose] to completely ignore WHTT, which beat both for a couple of books, if I remember correctly. [23][24], On February 3, 2015, Big Boy, whose contract was to expire on February 28 of that year, exited KPWR after negotiations between the two parties broke down, leading KPWR owner Emmis Communications to file a lawsuit (and injunction) to keep him off the air and from taking a $3.5 million offer from iHeartMedia, who three days earlier registered a domain and social media accounts for rhythmic AC rival KHHT, who immediately flipped back to R&B/hip hop as "Real 92.3" on February 6, 2015. Ariana Grande is woman, hear her roar. KPWR is owned and operated by Meruelo Groupand airs a Rhythmic Hot ACformat. WLS-WCFL in the 70s and CFTR-CHUM in the early 80s. The Principal of the Year contest that was the spring promotion just captured the radio market and community! Listeners563. photo credit: Power 106 Jayson Cash is starting off 2023 right with his return to the Power 106 studios, and this time he's back to chop it up with DJ Carisma and DJ Wavy for the latest installment of the Rolling Loud Saturday Night Loud series. Oakenfold closed the decade by producing more titles in 1997 and the non-album singles"Not Over Yet 1999" and "Bullet in the Gun." "SONG NAME" what a wonderful name for a(n) GENRE song! Ten Great Radio Battles Of The '80s and Early '90s - Edison Research KGB AND KCBQ You mention many great battles and Im proud to have dirercted excellent air staffs at some of them KDWB against WLOL KZZP vs KOPA KYA vs KFRC (FMs) KODJ/KCBS vs. KRTH and on-air during the classic KRIZ/KRUX/KUPD battles. And who could forget those late night engineering department gatherings, where we tweaked our processing? They had greats like Tanner in the morning, Cox on the Radio, Mindy and Bo, Tyrone, a young DJ Laz, Kid Curry, Tony the Tiger, Felix Sama, Eddie Mix, Rafi Contigo, Jammin Johnny, etc. Chicago style AOR battle. On-Air Personalities | KPWR-FM * Urban WGCI-FM Chicago vs. WBMX (and even, for a while, WJPC-AM) throughout the 80s; after about the late s[ring of 1981 the battle of wbls and then upstart wxlo 99 took a major turn into wxlos favor, and that was because by the mid spring of 81 barry mayo was able to get shep pettibone to join wxlo on the condition that shep would be gven credit for his mixes and give shep the exposure that frankie crocker didnt give him on wbls, by the late spring of 1981 the mixes heard on wbls like empress dyin to be dancin, all of a sudden shifted to being heard on wxlo, some had the call letters of wbls taken out of them, but the term mastermix. appeared on them, that was a term barry mayo told shep he should use on his mixes, the rest is history, by 1982 wxlo was already changed to kiss fm and by that time the younger nyc youth shifted to kiss forcing niecey colon MD over at wbls to take input from her 14 year old daughter to bring a young man to wbls who was doing late night time leased radio, by the name of mr magic, kiss had already began incorporating hip hop into its playlistbut still throughout the decade of the 80s wbls could not get kiss off its back. WLPV vs 93QFM 1982-83. I really wanted to mix on the air. Classic Deep House set mixed by DJ Tony B. live from "The Dome". WYLD did more than that under PD Ron Atkins ultimately recapturing the lead until a duopoly sent them to Urban AC. Compared to 1999, the average music consumer was under 30 and spent $28 a year. Sean, * WNBC (The Next One) going after WABC, late 70s-early 80s; WKTI Power 106 Archives - Page 2 of 14 - DJcity News Second, Id like to say that much of my disco days were spent listening to Paco, Rosco, Al Bandiero, Carlos DeJesus and company at 92 KTU NY. And wktu became an alternative between bls and kiss sadly wktu went off the air in 1984, never again will nyc have 3 stations that really played the sounds on of streets on it again. He also came second in the world's Top 100 DJs list in 1997 and rose to become the number one DJ in 1998 and 1999. And, in the background, a CHR battle between Paul Christys WABX, Mike Josephs WHYT and Pat Holidays CKLWwhich got off six more good months as an AM music station. January 1988 Charlotte, NC when the Beasley Broadcast Group owned WLIT became WCKZ KISS 102 as we started the Churban format, modeled after DCs WPGC and we started kicking WPEGs Urban butts! "dsf" what a wonderful name for a(n) rap song! During the 80s some name brand programmers came thru town, including Jay Stevens, Charlie Lake, Cat Collins who was my MD, and JJ Rice who was my intern, later graduating to weekend syndication board op! Oakenfold began his career in the late 1970s. He was born in July 1962. Thanks for a great article, Ill check in in another 10 years . He also produced a Mix CD with Paul Oakenfold in 1995. Each station boasted mid 2-share ratings. Richard Humpty Vission - Power 106 10th Anniversary Megamix - 80s/90s Fatboy Slim also appeared on the DJ Magazine Top 100 DJs list in 1997 and 1998 as Norman Cook, and in 1999 he appeared as Fatboy Slim. Lost Radio Tapes. Meruelo acquired KPWR from Emmis Communications for $82.75 million in May 2017, officially bringing the station under common ownership with KDAY, KDEY-FM, KWHY-TV, and KBEH on August 1, 2017. [22], The program became a nationally syndicated morning show on August 20, 2007, after Big Boy signed a multi-year deal with ABC Radio Networks (later Citadel Media, now Westwood One) to syndicate the show, along with his weekend countdown show, which was formerly called "Big Boy's Hip Hop Spot". 92.3 THE BEAT THEO DJ QUIK EAZY POWER 106 In The 90s We'd love to chat. This article makes me want to sit in a bar somewhere and just talk radio awhile, maybe we can do that soon. I grew up in NYCi, and spent much of the second half of the 1970s catching the fever for radio as a P1 of BLSand a solid P2 to Top 40 WABCand Larry Bergers great AOR WPLJ-FM. Another great Urban radio war was the 4 way Urban battle in Charleston back in the early 90s! Cece Valencia took over the interim "LA's Hip Hop Morning Show" until a permanent host was found. Now, THAT was a classic urban radio warfare. I know you always liked B94 and I always appreciated your comments on the station. Kiss had gone more mainstream, wed started to make inroads in their #s, and Barry Mayo had been summoned back to the fold all those years later to shore things up on the homefront. Brand new WRKO vs. WBZ and WMEX. He played House and Garage sets but began to headline in trance parties. There could be an argument made that those stations that won fast and vanquished their competitors did a better job of understanding that particular market and the competitive environment in such a way that the competitor was put to death quickly.which is always a part of the goal. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Included crushing WGCL, M-105, WLYT and any other station that dared challenge the Buzzard. In 1990, David Russell made his debut under the Joey Negro pseudonym. After 32 years of ownership, Emmis announced on May 9, 2017 that it sold KPWR to The Meruelo Group for $82.75 million. His singles include "I Want You (Forever)," released in 1991, "Does It Feel Good To You," in 1992, and "The Planet of Love," in 1993. Ill just point out some obvious battles like KNIX/KMLE in the desert or KWJJ/KUPL up in Portland. KSKU became Country KZSN in 1986. Up until 2017, KPWR had also slightly increased the number of throwbacks/recurrents in its playlist, but has since refocused towards current product to reduce overlap with classic hip hop outlet KDAY. In 1996, he received the 'Best DJ' Award. You also cant leave out WHTT in Boston in the battle with Kiss 108 and WZOU. Sasha and John Digweed's discography includes the triple CD mix collection that contained many dance hits, original productions, and remixes that they had made themselves. The Loleatta Holloway-sampling 12-inch took the lead on an album that would become . Hey! Eagle 106 vs. Q102 in Philly? Carl Cox became a mainstage DJ in the 1980s, and after that, he performed in many clubs and world stages. Danny Rampling was born in July 1961. He was not in Memphis long when Los Angeles came calling. 24 on the Billboard 200 in March 1993 and went on to achieve platinum status. Even the promotion departments were at each others throats. The Baka Boyz - Wikipedia But like Dan Vallie, Id like nothing better than to talk into the night at a hotel lobby coffee shop about the great radio battles. * Of course, Z100 v. PLJ twice, mid/late-?80s and spring/summer ?91 during the short-lived Mojo; Harry Romero (formerly 'Choo Choo') is in the middle of a particularly purple patch right now. [6], KPWR picked up additional competition in May 2005 when KXOL-FM dropped its Spanish adult contemporary format for a Hispanic rhythmic, or hurban, format known as "Latino 96.3". KPLZ (as K-PLUS, now Star 101.5) But also one that got ugly enough to end up in court. SBS switched formats anyway, and Emmis filed a lawsuit to force SBS to either drop the format switch or find a new transmitter. These two mix albums are part of the Global Underworld Series. * KDWB vs. WLOL Minneapolis Two well-matched stations that launched many careers. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7c0dd12edc443b89 When you look back at the Top 40 History Books, the HBQ/MPS battle lasted almost 20 years dating back to the 50s. Fatboy Slim has won several awards and accolades throughout his career in the 90s. Maxx. [9][10], During an on-air interview on KPWR on November 3, 2015, singer/actress Ariana Grande criticized DJs Eric D-lux and Justin Credible over questions that she claimed were sexist, telling them, "You need a little brushing up on equality."[11]. The reason I got into radio was the Battle between New Orleans Top 40s WTIX-AM and WNOE-AM in the 70s then with respect to the Q93 battle-YLD battle, as a local the real battle was for AC in the 80s between Magic 101.9 and Lite 105, legendary down here. 272 likes, 1 comments - Mr. Otis Roberts is popularly known as Dj EZ. Share. That was fun, we often took our battle to the streets with friendly gorrila warfare! Then it was exciting to hear Q105, but for the wrong reasons. We're YOUR #." POWER 106 on Instagram: "YOU SEE WHAT IT ISTap in with JUSTIN CREDIBLE & DJ SOURMILK on the #LIFTOFF! His other singles include "Two Paintings and A Drum," released in 1995 byEdel UK Records. Thomas left in 1992 when The Baka Boyz took over the morning slot. People north of WIBGs plant were shut out at sundown. [12][13][14] The station continues to report to Mediabase and BDS as rhythmic contemporary, though the station has begun to lean more urban to take on KRRL. 9) WHYT vs. WDFX (the Fox) Detroit in the late 80s/early 90s Okay, so having been in Detroit on the day that Step by Step by New Kids on the Block came out seems like a barren source of amusement now, but these two stations made it seem like a big deal then. Since the sale, it has recovered in terms of ratings and audiences. Scott Shannon returned to New York, dug in the crates and filled Mojo with Jack-like segues between lost '70s and '80s titles and today's reaction records. In 2010, after Citadel announced that they would no longer syndicate the program, Dial Global picked up the show. Plus they NEVER even came close demo wise ever. Excellent Sean ! Ed Levine vs Howie Castle. * Baton Rouge, La.s three-way Urban battle of the mid-80s; The 20th anniversary of the launching of the Power Pig is this September. Mid 80s WHTT vs ZOU AM Drive on HitRadio Only a lack of space and/or wanting to stick to those battles I observed more closely excludes the following: This new wave of rhythm had a home and a night show host that had a feature (guess whats down my pants) which turned the city upside down. The Power 106 Mix (December 29th, 2005) - DJ AM Lives Roberts began his career playing house music on Dance 93FM. I did get an e-mail from somebody who noted that Q105 managed to forge ahead of WFLZ again. I would have to say the greatest of all AOR battles happened in Philadelphia in the middle 80s. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Id focus on: And in AC battles the KOIT and K101 battle was fun for years with KOIT finally winning the prize and still does. Of course some of the earliest battles I remember which got me interested in radio in the first place, were the WABC, WMCA, and WWDJ(97DJ) battles. In 1996 and 1997, Carl Cox placed number one on the world's Top 100 DJs list. Looking back at Power 106 over a 20 year course [Referencing WCZYs past as a Beautiful Music and then AC station prior to Z95.5] If you want disco and rap, press 96.3. In 1988 Hot 105 relaunced with massive success I reunited with Keith Isley doing programming and afternoons . Address: 2600 West Olive Avenue, 8th Floor Burbank, California 91505 Telephone: (818) 520-1059 Email: power106info@power106.com Add this radio's widget to your website Broadcast Monitoring by ACRCloud Related Stations KBUE Que Buena 105.5 / 94.3 FM (US Only) Alex Jones - Infowars.com WQHT Hot 97 FM 93.5 KDAY FM FOX News Radio B97 It ended with Q100 flipping to a bizzare rythmic CHR format, then Oldies and B104 reigning supreme for almost 20 years, until Country came back to townyuck! It was fun, but a very intense battle. I now go back to my grind of production and night show dream that I had hoped to pursue at the above mentioned stations because they each (Real Deal, D.C. Taylor and J.J. Stone) seemed like they were having too much fun! 1982 Charleston, WV when Beasley Broadcast Group owned SUPER 102 WVSR and launched the CHR station. He has provided over 100 remixes for many artists such as Madonna, Britney Spears, and Michael Jackson. They also developed Power's live mixing " World Famous Roll Call ". . Lost by a point and a half and ended up changing format a few months later. javajoelmurphy@gmail.com. Mid 80s 90s KZZP vs. Y-95 & KKFR AM Drive on ALL three More CHR-flavored Country stations in the late 80s like KMLE Phoenix, KCYY (Y100) San Antonio, and WYAY/WYAI (Y104/Y106) Atlanta took the format to a new place, but this is the one that gave the format its excitement until suddenly Country format battles were everywhere, and often as fierce as CHR wars. Their 1996 hit song Crossroads held the spot No. From 1994 to 1997, Groove rider hosted a radio show on Kiss 100 before moving to BBC Radio 1 in 1998. WRBQ (Q105) Tampas response to Power Pig WFLZ, in retrospect, looks pretty typical a few months of refusing to budge followed by a period of overreaction. In May 2019, Meruelo bought KXOS from GRC, reuniting the station with KPWR after 10 years. I really miss the radio battles vs the stay in your lane cluster environment of today. Oakenfold's first work in the 1990s was a music collaboration with Terry Farley, Osborne, and Andrew Weatherall to create two remixes for Happy Mondays. Big Boy moves to Afternoons, Power celebrates 10 years as LA's Party Station 15. More of their albums include "Northern Exposure: Expeditions," Digweed's "GU 014: Hong Kong," and Sasha's "GU 013: Ibiza.". Sasha released the "Global Underworld 009: San Francisco" while John Digweed released the "Global Underworld 006: Sidney." However, after almost a year in the format, KMVN shifted directions to Rhythmic Oldies. Especially having my memory jogged on how many of those battles I was fortunate enuf to be part of the teams. I enjoyed every moment of grief we gave Elroy! Other notable 90s Djs include Norman Jay, Giles Peterson, Dj Dr. Bob Jones, and Nick Holloway. But if you want the best mix with ten songs in a row, lock it in and rip the knob off 99.5 The Fox. WCZY was usually the highest-rated of the three 12+ but that was largely due to Purtan, and it was WHYT and WJLB that dominated the 12-24 numbers. KIBB flips to KCMG, thus forcing KPWR to drop all the Rhythmic oldie titles. WHen Paula Abdul was singin Forever Your Girl, you heard it on Mix Jamz. KLEO quickly abandoned the fomat for Standards. Gemtracks is a marketplace for original beats and instrumental backing tracks you can use for your own songs. So, I was the ultimate Frankie O philefeircely loyal to the Worlds Best Looking Sound. After leaving WDRQ, I joined KRLY Love 94 in Houston in the 80s. WCOZ vs. WBCN Boston That was after WEGX got WCAU out of the format, becoming Oldies WOGL. My show, Chris & Mike & the FM102 Morning Zoo, was cutting edge and 10 years ahead of its time staying mostly in double figures in all demos as an original 1000lb Gorilla and will always be one of the top 3 shows in the history of Nor Cal radio as the rest came along for the ride free of charge. [34], KPWR logo from 1986 to 1993 (199293 edition), Coordinates: .mw-parser-output .geo-default,.mw-parser-output .geo-dms,.mw-parser-output .geo-dec{display:inline}.mw-parser-output .geo-nondefault,.mw-parser-output .geo-multi-punct{display:none}.mw-parser-output .longitude,.mw-parser-output .latitude{white-space:nowrap}341337N 1180405W / 34.227N 118.068W / 34.227; -118.068. I dropped off a mix demo up at their studios to the Baka Boyz, who were on the air at the. 2023 is the year to enter the music industry. Hoy The RZA est cumpliendo 53 aos, fundador y mi." What a fun battle. 8) WQUE (Q93) vs. WYLD New Orleans in the late 80s When a Churban station came to town in that era, the heritage Urban FM didnt always recover. He released the live albums"Global Underground 004" in 1997 and "Global Underground 007" in 1998. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'gemtracks_com-leader-4','ezslot_18',194,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-gemtracks_com-leader-4-0');His singles include "Sunrise" and "Joy And Heartbreak" in 1990, "I Can't Take Your Love" in 1993, "The Single" in 1994.He released the singles "Reach Up (Papa's Got A Brand New Pig Bag)," "Sun," "Moon," "Not Over Yet," "I Want to Live," and "Dreams" in 1995. A third of the US population is paying $120 a year on music streaming. Carl Cox is a DJ legend who specializes in the genres of House, Techno, and Technohouse. Numbers that havent been touched since then in the markert. Norman Quentin Cook was born on July 1963. But Im still interested in hearing your thoughts on all eras. But I lived in L.A. at the time and none of its battles made the list. Z-95 Detroit actually had a three-way CHR war going during 1988-89 you had WHYT, WDFX, and WCZY/All Hits Z95.5, which was oriented more toward adults with a more conservative playlist and Dick Purtan in the mornings. Lin added Q92 in Summer 83. Fun for the listeners, and so much fun for the staff. Joey Negro is his stage name as a DJ and house music producer. Mix Jamz 100.7 was a kocally owned AC then Hot AC then Rhythmic CHR. As of 2012, approximately 60% of KPWR's listenership is Hispanic. 1986-WCBSFM vs. WNSR (Mix 105) when WNSR came on the scene, they were practically nose-to-nose in terms of their playlist if nothing else, NSR was shooting for the same demo that WCBSFM wasbut one BIG difference though personality radio STILL ruled back then, and WCBSFM had the EDGE thereadvantage 101FM!! doja cat)SZA 8:32 ambrown bag morningsPOWER 106 8:30 amlate at nightRODDY RICCH 8:25 ambrown bag morningsPOWER 106 Concert Calendar No events are currently scheduled. All good ones here. His discography includes several singles produced between 1993 and 1998. Good Time Eric Scott, Harley Davidson, Mark S. Allen to name a few pat garret on kwod now on KBULL93 SLC, Sean, To me, they represent a key element in building teams to achieve goals: Beating a clear, worthy opponent. It was a fun time to be in radio with the entire station personal really getting into and believing in each other and working together as a group! Finally, I love all of that feel good music with great melodies, whether you want to call it Disco, Old School, R&B, Funk, etc. KKRD ended up killing KEYN from 86 89 when KEYN went Oldies. Whatever CBS newly launched CHRs may do in Los Angeles and New York, theyve had the additional effect of reigniting broadcasters interest in radio battles beyond their own backyard no small accomplishment in these dismaying times.
Where To Sell Waterford Crystal Near Me, Steve Trulaske Yacht, Articles P