Just as the name indicates, this coolant/antifreeze guarantees you up to 10years or 150,000 miles before the next service. Take the 2EHA as an example that works great in hard water. Do not mix this coolant with the factory fill, even if you drain it there is still considerable amount of the old coolant left . NYMustang50. It is important to understand your vehicle needs and the requirements thereof. Last. However, when adding one color to another, it can change it to an off, 3rd color. | From here, you should replace the coolant. Usually, vehicles of the Chrysler group need to be equipped with OEM original equipment manufacturer antifreeze. If you want to get more out of your car for less, this would be an ideal way to go. So I asked why is Chrysler stating the only OAT antifreeze to use in the 2013 is theirs and he said money/marketing. Vehicle/Engine Search Vehicle/Engine Search Make/Model Search Acceptable coolant for newer Dodge/Chrysler produc Mixing is required. Owners manual says to use MS 12106 and found out that part number 68163849AB (MS 12106) is the Pre-diluted form of MS 90032 part number 68163848AB. If there is a universal coolant that happens to be a Dexcool clone, then yes Id agree they can be mixed. Fig. FREE delivery . Ryan has got more than 15 years in the auto industry. Coolant does have additives to prevent corrosion so I dont go more than a 60/40 water ratio. Click to expand Prestone was copy-paste dexcool dyed lemon juice green for over 15 years, now its Dexcool with phosphates. Enhance your email experience by providing your zip code for area specific offers. OAT coolants are extended life coolants that protect the components of the engine, including those made of aluminum and magnesium. MS 90032 coolant is a concentrate product that needs mixing before use. Mopar Replacement OAT 50/50 Premix Antifreeze Coolant is a long-term formula, blended for dependable performance up to 10 years or 150,000 miles. Further inspection by the technician may find corrosion in the system . A good example would be the Mopar oat coolant ms 90032, which you can trust to protect your car in the long run. other coolants have been mixed, it will be necessary to flush the cooling system. The MS-12106 is used in the 2014+ applications I believe. Does this product have any downside? Two, with traditional coolants, there is always a need for regular additions of other coolant additives. Antifreeze/Coolant Part Number (Concentrate/Pre-Mix) AFZ FLEET AFZ FLEET50/50 AFZ FINALCHARGE AFZ FC50/50 AFZ 675130 PNT PF-A1-1 PNT PF-E-1.5L PNT PFE-5L BA 252-1501U BA 252-1001U AFZ G05 AFZ LOWTOX Antifreeze Color PinkRed Blue Green Yellow1 Green Base Ethylene Glycol Propylene Glycol If you want to get more out of your car for less, this would be an ideal way to go. They generally do not contain silicate or borate. You must log in or register to reply here. So the right stuff is the MS 12106 OAT Your part number is also correct. See more. Without traction the vehicle will go in any direction and in some instances completely sideways. Mopar 68163849AB Engine Coolant and Antifreeze Ram Jeep Wrangler. Even if they are the same make, you may need to use different coolants/antifreeze for each unit. It is never a good idea despite it seeming like a quick way to save money. Mixing Period. 128 Fluid Ounces] Minimum Ship Quantity of 6 gallons. Its readily available at any Walmart and quite affordable. Our Jeeps use OAT coolant, so any OAT coolant should be fine. 4-Door 4x2. Where it has not undergone dilution, it looks purple. This coolant has characteristics such as reduced pH, low silicate, and some levels of nitrite, which combine to protect against corrosion of the metallic parts of the cooling system. 4.7 out of 5 stars 944. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Correct coolant | Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum Mopar 10 Year/150,000 Mile Coolant Concentrate. Finally, what product can you use in the stead of Mopar? 68163848AB is what I used in my 2014 when I needed some about 2 years ago. Cannot be shipped Internationally, Estimated USA Ship Date: For distinction purposes, it is orange in color. Copyright 2008-2023 OReilly While Chrysler didnt publicly announce the chemical composition, Valvoline got their hands on this OAT and ran some tests. 3. Engine. It protects the engine for up to ten years, which is the equivalent of two hundred and forty thousand kilometers. Mopar sludge, which was originally known as Dexcool sludge, is a result of people mixing coolants.. most likely by topping off Dexcool/ LL systems with green universal coolant. First, it is circulated throughout the engine to the radiator to keep your engine at a stable operating temperature. Jul 31, 2016. OEM Recochem Premium Antifreeze Extended Life Orange meets Chrysler MS-12106 requirements and exceeds the performance requirements of ASTM D3306 and JIS K2234. . This product is available in a bright pink hue when diluted as needed. Over the years, the manufacturers have successfully produced high-quality coolants that meet and exceed different requirements. Same stuff, just different color. All the best! Over the years, the manufacturers have successfully produced high-quality coolants that meet and exceed different requirements. These acids are very stable, and they can thus work for a long time, thus protecting the engine. Mixing products is not a good idea, and it can easily result in the damaging of the cooking system. 44 2-Door RHD. Full stop. I don't know that Prestone makes a HOAT. $24.99 $ 24. It protects the engine for up to ten years, which is the equivalent of two hundred and forty thousand kilometers. Its never a good idea to mix two different colors or types of antifreeze. Two, with traditional coolants, there is always a need for regular additions of other coolant additives. Isnt DexCool the special coolant, and isnt it orange? Jeep #19; 03' Rubicon/BDS springs /Rancho RS5000X shocks//5.13 gears/35" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 tires/Black Magic brakes. Mixing G-05 with OAT is a formula for disaster. 2007-2012 Mopar Coolant Antifreeze 68048953AC | Mopar Estores A vehicles and beyond, for all engine applications except the ones listed in the note above. The coolant is concentrate and needs mixing with distilled water. All my vehicles late model or not get the antifreeze changed over at some point and I've never experienced any adverse effect. First off, OAT stands for organic acid technology, which is an indication of the materials in use. #14. FCA Material Standard MS-12106." I think Mopar has 2 kinds of OAT antifreeze and they are not compatible. There are many types of coolants, but in this case, the article will focus on OATs, which use organic acid inhibitive technology. My belief is that our cast iron engines, and the other components, being old technology, would be happy with the old basic green stuff. Different vehicles require different coolants depending on the manufacturers recommendation. Around 2011, the ingredients in Dexcool were revised again. List Price: $17.50. Per the Owner's manual: "We recommend you use MOPAR Antifreeze/Coolant. Learn more. 300+ viewed in past week. For safety reasons, an embittering agent was added and a new designation was given, MS-12106. Click here to find a MS-90032 was an old designation for 10 Year / 150K mile OAT coolant that was not embittered. Valvoline says its ZEREX G-05 HOAT is compatible with many brands of coolant commonly available. A SUBJECT: Attention! Check the Fit, Estimated USA Ship Date: However, OAT and HOAT are more popular these days. What power steering fluid is compatible with 89021184? Honestly I probably wont get that worried about what my coolant looks like, level yes, color NO. Flowing coolant will The coolant in the market with the most approvals. Sep 13, 2020 (Edited) This coolant stuff is like a maze, you don't know what to believe. Not Pre-mixed. JavaScript is disabled. Deposit control additives, on the other hand, prevent the formation of scales and hard water deposits. Mopar Coolant Equivalent [OAT & HOAT] - Oils Advisor When changing out the fluid completely, true. Mopar OAT alternatives? | Bob Is The Oil Guy What specific antifreeze/coolant to use | DodgeTalk Forum I was looking for a readily available coolant replacement that meets the spec's of the Dodge OAT coolant with the Chrysler Material Standard MS-12106. This is why, for OAT, they changed the recommendation, from flush and fill, to drain and re-fill. OAT coolants are extended life coolants that protect the components of the engine, including those made of aluminum and magnesium. I went to Prestone's website and they actually make a coolant . The most obvious difference between the two is the color. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. $9.94 delivery Apr 26 - 27 . the key is to use HOAT, not OAT or IAT. store If you have a front-wheel-drive vehicle, you wont need to disconnect the drive, but if you have a rear-wheel or 4 wheels drive, you will need to disconnect the drive to protect it. Same stuff, just different color. It is a product of Valvoline, one of the leading marketers and suppliers of premium car lubricants. I recall back when they introduced the newer formulations of antifreeze fluids. Diethylene Glycol, and <5% Hydrated inorganic acid, organic acid salts (the specifics of which are apparently proprietary). Coolant, also known as antifreeze, protects your engine from effects of extreme temperature. Zerex Dex-Cool Antifreeze / Coolant Zerex from Valvoline is the #1 selling OEM-approved coolant brand. First off, OAT stands for organic acid technology, which is an indication of the materials in use. A good example would be the Mopar oat coolant ms 90032, which you can trust to protect your car in the long run. 10. TSB - 07-004-12 REV. MI. JavaScript is disabled. Schedule Service. Another company currently makes the new Mopar OAT. Its never a good idea to mix two different colors or types of antifreeze. Mopar 10 year/150K mile purple coolant alternatives Chrysler Material Standard MS-12106. Auto Parts v 942756d09 (2gx2v) cv1448. Coolant, aka anti-freeze, is made to prevent freezing, not to help with cooling. Consult with a reputable auto shop before deciding in this regard. This instance usually occurs when one or more tires start to tires skid, at this moment they lose their traction. drain the coolants, flush the system, and use the right coolant for Coolant also keeps corrosion down inside the engine that may be caused by water. G-05 is HOAT they will not mix w/o causing a problem. ](i!? IwA >+( @%E}vY4ye\sjb.yMc2+y,y! Engine coolant also goes by the name antifreeze. Aug 5, 2016. Required fields are marked *. It is an OEM, thus, trusted by car manufacturers during the production and aftercare of vehicles. Fig. Nov 5, 2010. zerex go5 or ford gold is all the same, the mopar stuff is dyed red and the zerex is a gold/neutral color so that it will blend in. So unless you know exactly what was in their or should be in there, it may be confusing later on. From here, you should replace the coolant. No need to mix with water; just pour it into your radiator. A good example would be the Mopar oat coolant ms 90032, which you can trust to protect your car in the long run. This agent does not affect the coolant in any way other than making it taste very bitter as opposed to the normal sweet taste. But in the same way that chocolate syrup needs to be mixed with milk before it becomes chocolate milk, antifreeze is not coolant until you mix it with water. It prolongs the service of the coolant, and its application takes place around the half-life of the coolant. I always use the All makes and models kind. Amazon's Choice in Antifreezes & Coolants by Mopar. OATs require about 5,000 miles to develop a protective layer. Dex-Cool is an OAT, an ethylene glycol based antifreeze that is nitrite-, borate-, phosphate-, nitrate-, amine-, and silicate-free with the same metal wear protection as an IAT antifreeze. He also loves making connections and friends in the automotive industry. RedMopar Antifreeze Coolant / Concentrate 3,785 L MS-9769ManufacturerMoparColorRedSpecificationsASTM D-3306, ASTM D-4340ApprovalsApprovals: Chrysler MS-9769Volume3.785 L1 more row. If you absolutely insist on having the non-emittered coolant, you will have to call around to see if any dealers still have any NOS of coolant with the old designation. 6.4. Need to add a little to coolant reservoir. Use your Summit Racing SpeedCard today, and get 10% back - Get Details! 4-Door 4x4. JavaScript is disabled. 2014 2500 Black Appearance Package big . The latter name stands for 2-ethyl hexanoic acid. Copyright 2023. Note that the interval should not be more than five years. CAUTION: Vehicle Damage may occur if dissimilar coolants are mixed! products is not a good idea, and it can easily result in the damaging Acceptable Mopar Coolant Equivalent? | Jeep Wrangler Forum the coolant having an ammonia smell. I would think that in other cases the manufacturer was sourcing different fluid colors from different (or even the same) vendors. It is MS-9769 certified and comes with a 5 years/100,000 miles warranty. Most of the antifreezes in this category also meet the European "G-O5" specification for hybrid extended life coolant. I am 99.44% sure it is fully compatible with the original pink coolant. Reply. Organic Acid Technology (OAT) Present in newer cars all over the world, OAT coolant color ranges from pink, orange, bright red, red, blue and dark green. The primary ingredients are 88-95% Ethylene Glycol, <5%. Mopar antifreeze equivalent - The Equivalent Some people believe that they can mix the two. They also work for the given time interval, which you should discount based on the prevalent conditions. HOAT stands for hybrid organic acid technology , and these coolants operate similarly to what you would expect of OAT products. We carry a variety of coolant made for your car, truck, or SUV. My dealer had no problem handing me the correct product, no huddling or tech needed. HOAT stands for hybrid organic acid technology , and these coolants operate similarly to what you would expect of OAT products. Msq of 6. HOAT stands for hybrid organic acid technology, and these coolants operate similarly to what you would expect of OAT products. Theres a 50/50 premixed bottle and one thats 100% coolant. This Coolant Equivalent - Engine & Transmission - Dodge Journey Forum The number was updated. This gold coolant/antifreeze is great for diesel, gasoline, and electric motors. While it is okay to switch to a new coolant, here are a few points to keep in mind: This Mopar 68048953AB coolant has been in the market for a long time. Mopar Replacement OAT 50/50 Premix Antifreeze Coolant 68163849AB 2015 SP with pink OAT, not purple | Dodge Challenger Forum Mopar 2020 VEHICLE LUBRICANT & CHEMICAL CATALOG. You mix it with water to ensure that the radiator does not freeze in cold conditions or overheat when it is hot. This genuine OEM Mopar antifreeze coolant is specially formulated for engines requiring OAT coolant and is designed for dependable performance to keep your Mopar ride running its best. First off, OAT stands for organic acid technology, which is an indication of the materials in use. He spends his weekdays working for his garage and writing stories for oilsadvisor.com. I was wondering if there is an equivalent coolant I can purchase at an auto store. Mopar is a famous coolant/antifreeze brand used across the board. Freecor PGC. . It protects the engine for up to ten years, which is the equivalent of two hundred and forty thousand kilometers. you dont need to use Mopar anti-freeze, a less expensive Chrysler-Approved HOAT like Zerex G05 will work just as well. A 50/50 mix of Dex-Cool "MS-12106" OAT (orange) + Mopar "MS-12106" OAT (purple) will be a disturbing brown, but still 100% OAT coolant. MS-90032 was an old designation for 10 Year / 150K mile OAT coolant that was not embittered. Actual item may vary. OAT wont protect brass and copper components used in earlier model cooling systems. Unlike most antifreeze/coolants, it does not contain amines, phosphates, borates, nitrates, silicates, and nitrites. Yes to both questions, but Chrysler Group says dont use DexCool in its products. Coolants of different technologies are not compatible nor interchangeable (OAT, HOAT or IAT). MS-90032 was an old designation for 10 Year / 150K mile OAT coolant that was not embittered. Equivalent MOPAR Coolant | Cummins Diesel Forum . The issue you are referring to is when HOAT coolant is added to OAT coolant. It may be added to the antifreeze/coolant of any make or model automobile or light duty truck on the road, foreign or domestic. Call your local CDJR dealer. Its freeze and boiling protection is -34 (-36.7 ) and 265 (129 ) respectively. Its not a hybrid version. Two, with traditional coolants, there is always a need for regular additions of other coolant additives. But these 2 versions of Mopar OAT coolant are not labeled clearly, you should be careful to pick the right item for your need. $17.50 Details. Motorcraft Gold Coolant is ethylene glycol-based and is yellow, and contains a bittering agent. Other manufacturers, such as late-model VW/Audi (pink or red), late model Dodge/Chrysler (purple) and Honda (dark green) also use OAT technology. During the PBI prior to delivery of the vehicles, even topping off the coolant overflow tank with a small amount OAT when a vehicle called for HOAT, or vice versa causes problems. OAT coolant MS-12106, on the other hand, is 50/50 premixed thus ready to use. Motorcraft ( Ford) coolant is also HOAT, but Ive always used the Zerex G05 and distilled water. You may notice your temperature gauge reading higher than usual, your heater may stop working, or you also notice steam under your hood. Without much ado, lets take a look at the steps required to replace piston rings without BallisticParts.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon(.com, .co.uk, .ca etc) and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program. From here, you should replace the coolant. This caused massive confusion, so the color of the OAT was changed to purple. 4.6 out of 5 stars 29. Mixing the Dexcool with the Mopar OAT still makes me nervous, so I did thorough cleaning/flushes of both my Dodges before refilling with Dexcool . Many customers state that it performs poorly upon exceeding the recommended mileage. If you notice a coolant leak, it should be taken care of as soon as possible to avoid damage to your engine. Stay Updated with Emails from Summit Racing. Coolant targeting high-tech engines where high temperature aluminium protection is important. Mopar Antifreeze Concentrate 3,785L MS-90032 is designed specifically for this purpose as it replaces the Mopar Radiator Antifreeze Concentrate MS-12106 and has been tested thoroughly by Mopar, who have ensured that it meets their . Terms of Use | Privacy and Security | Site Accessibility It is a carboxylate formulation that incorporates organic acid technology with ethylene glycol as the base. Technology) or equivalent meeting the requirements of. Mopar 68048953AB Antifreeze/Coolant. We recommend using Mopar Antifreeze/Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula OAT (Organic Additive Technology) that meets the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS. 90032. Flowing coolant will wash away this rust and will pass it on to the heat exchangers. I swear, I'm really trying to get a Ram, but What did you do with your 4th Gen this week? 2276 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by Matt69, Jul 16, 2018. OAT coolant is purple in color. It makes NO difference what type you use IF you flushed the system. While Chrysler didnt publicly announce the chemical composition, Valvoline got their hands on this OAT and ran some tests. The more I know that I do not know. product is available in a bright pink hue when diluted as needed. Mopar coolant equivalent - The Equivalent TL/DR: Dexcool is by far the most common and most proven antifreeze on american roads. Mopar Replacement Embittered 5-Year/100,000 Mile Antifreeze Coolants Also, MS.90032 is a standard, not a part number. 5% coupon applied at checkout Save 5% with coupon. Hybrid-OAT combines OAT and IAT to include nitrites, making it universal for all makes and models. Filmmaker . We recommend you use MOPAR Antifreeze/Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula OAT (Organic Additive Technology). They also work for the given time interval, which you should discount based on the prevalent conditions. Mopar is an oat coolant with non-toxic properties designed to protect your engine over long periods. Report post. Most manufacturers do it, and if youre friendly enough you can get the dealer to give you what is compatible that you can buy at the auto parts stores. Zerex DEX-Cool is one of thetop-selling antifreeze coolants. Your engine coolant, also called antifreeze, serves several purposes. Zerex uses violet for this, but this is actually European Pink for Prestone and Peak. You can order this part by Contacting Us. Genuine Mopar Fluid 68048953AB Antifreeze/Coolant - amazon.com Suppose you mix HOAT and OAT owing to an Organic Additive Technology as it is referred to in some owners manuals, is the same as Organic Acid Technology, unless your owners manual says differently. For safety reasons, an embittering agent was added and a new designation was given, MS-12106. Midway Dodge Incorporated II / Chicago. With that being said, here are the different types of antifreezes: When you mix antifreeze with water it becomes coolant. If you absolutely insist on having the non-emittered coolant, you will have to call around to see if any dealers still have any NOS of coolant with the old designation. If you absolutely insist on having the non-emittered coolant, you will have to call around to see if any dealers still have any NOS of coolant with the old designation. OAT coolants are extended life coolants that protect the components of the engine, including those made of aluminum and magnesium. Acceptable Mopar Coolant Equivalent? | Jeep Enthusiast Forums Motorcraft is OEM Ford Parts brand. Mopar is an oat coolant with non-toxic properties designed to protect your engine over long periods. Use Mopar coolant or do a full flush and use whatever you want . I really don't want to mix them together and I'm curious if anyone else has purchased the . Zerex G30 is marketed as a European car OAT formulation and the product information sheet states that it meets the Fiat Chrysler spec. FREE SHIPPING on most orders of $35+ & FREE PICKUP IN STORE. But with OATs, this is not necessary, and you, therefore, get to save a lot of money when it comes to car maintenance. ASTM D3306, ASTM D4985, ASTM 6210, Federal Specification A-A-870A, SAE J1034, J814, J1941, ASTM D3306, ASTM D4985, FORD WSS-M97B55-A, Federal Specification A-A-870A, SAE J1034, SAE J814, SAE, ASTM D3306, SAE J1034, SAE J814, SAE J1941, TMC OF ATA RP-3028, Federal Specification A-A-870A, D3306, D4985, Detroit Diesel DFS93K217ELC, VW TL-774D, Yanmar/Scania, MTU, Mercedes Truck, D3306, D4985, Mercedes, BMW, Saab 690 1599, Tesla, Rolls Royce, Mercedes 325.0, MTU, Jaguar, D3306, D4985, Mercedes, DDC, VW TL-774G, VW TL-774J, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes 325.5, Cummins 14603, M, D3306, D6210, Cummins 14603, Chrysler MS 9769, Ford WSS-M 97B51-A1, JCB STD00088, John Deere JDM H24, Select a store to see pricing & availability. It protects the engine for up to ten years, which is the equivalent of two hundred and forty thousand kilometers. Amazon.com: Oat Coolant Ms-12106 VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. But in rare cases, we might come across a deep green OAT coolant (Honda manufactures dark green OAT coolant). When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. If it was mine, I would re-flush it and purchase a known HOAT Antifreeze like Zerox, or Mopar HOAT. Edition 4x2. This addition takes place at regular intervals, and you thus have to show up for servicing now and then. It protects the engine for up to ten years, which is the equivalent of two hundred and forty thousand kilometers. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. There is a lot to accomplish before the moving van can be loaded, so it doesnt matter how big or distant your move is, it might be stressful. Have a side by side photo I can send. loyalty program The service life for this coolant is five years or 150,000 miles. In all likelihood you won't find it. I did a flush, installed new hoses, new thermostat, and new radiator. View Offer. The one on the right is Mopar OAT, purple in color used in the 2013's other than above mentioned through 2017. PDF Antifreeze Reference Chart - O'Reilly Auto Parts It provides antifreeze and anti-boil protection all year round. Shop products from small business brands sold in Amazons store. Required fields are marked *. My dealership is pretty reasonable on the price. A forum community dedicated to all Dodge owners and enthusiasts. Affordable and reliable, Mopar Replacement OAT 10-Year/150,000-mile concentrate antifreeze will keep your coolant system in peak condition. I need to top off my coolant and the owner's manual recommends Mopar Antifreeze/Coolant 5 Year HOAT (red [or pink] in color). For safety reasons, an embittering agent was added and a new designation was given, MS-12106. ^^^The one on the left is Mopar HOAT, orange in color, it is used in the 2012 and prior Wranglers. I am not going to try to find your original coolant. Low coolant levels can lead to overheating, which can damage your engine.
Chris Berman Carshield Salary, Articles M