I was afraid to tell the band. And were still operating at a high level., A genuine AOR legend, Kevin Cronin has survived everything from mind-boggling success to what Guns N Roses called the perils of rock n roll decadence. Rather than pronouncing REO as a single word as the motor company did ("REE-oh"), they chose to spell the word out, pronouncing each letter individually ("R-E-O"). The line is from an Ajax commercial where a white knight rides around destroying dirt. Speedwagon" was released in 1971 produced by Paul Leka and Billy Rose II. Gratzer continued to perform with his band (which had a keyboard-playing lead singer), and Doughty began turning up at gigs. On the last day of the university's spring semester, guitarist Joe Matt called the band's leader and told him that he, drummer Gratzer, and bassist Mike Blair had decided to leave the band and start a new one with Doughty. Mike Murphy, REO Speedwagon's lead singer from 1973 -1975 is still recovering after being hit by a car while riding his bike. The album comprised of eight band originals, all credited to the band as a whole, with the song "Sophisticated Lady," a Little Richard influenced tune, released as a single, but it did not sell in large numbers. Its been a wild ride, its had its ups and downs, but here we are today, and hopefully we can inspire people to never give up, to stay vibrant and to keep your dreams alive. Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. The new band made a list of songs to learn over the summer break. When I had that realisation, I said: Okay, this has gone too far. But some of the other guys were like: Tough shit! Mike Murphy. After the appearance, four of REO's songs reentered the Billboard rock charts. [21] The band toured the US with Styx and Don Felder on the "United We Rock" tour, debuting June 20, 2017, at the Sunlight Supply Amphitheater. Kevin Cronin The band's follow-up album, Good Trouble, was released in June 1982. Did you have as much input on that song as he did with Keep On Loving You? Real Name: R.E.O. But the first real song was Little World Of Make Believe. Met Michael Murphy and saw him play keyboards with ONE-EYED JACKS several times before he was a member of REO. And after the show, someone laid out an item that was about the size of a cue ball it was the same colour as a cue ball as well and I respectfully declined. Yeah. Weve been able to sustain this band for 40 years, Cronin says. Nine Lives was another Top 40 album. Theres a lot of emotion running through you, and we were all caught up in that energy. On November 22, 2013, they announced a benefit concert with Styx titled "Rock to the Rescue" to raise money for the affected families of the tornadoes in central Illinois. At that moment, I thought: If Im turning this down, I think Im done with this stuff!. REO Speedwagon (originally stylized as R.E.O. Richrath was a Peoria, Illinois-based guitarist and prolific songwriter who brought fresh original material to the band. Thats where it all coalesced for us. Mike Murphy, The One-Eyed Jacks & The Lost 1971 Album Find album reviews, track lists, credits, awards and more at AllMusic. Many of their hits were inspired by the ups and downs of the band members' relationships. I thought I was gonna be the next Dan Fogelberg! I wasnt about to let go of this song. Site Overview. [REO Speedwagon "Hi Infidelity"] In Your Letter : You had already recorded vocals for Ridin The Storm Out, but new singer, Mike Murphy re-cut your parts. The name "REO Speedwagon" refers to Ransom Eli Olds, the founder of Oldsmobile. Sign up below to get the latest from Classic Rock, plus exclusive special offers, direct to your inbox! The most important thing was our performances and making good records. They were less well-received. And soon Lear and Joseph was replaced by Bryan Hitt (formerly of Wang Chung) and Dave Amato. 10 years ago REO Speedwagon, Starship, Kevin Cronin, and more. Well, that record didnt do as well as wed hoped. Hey, I love having a good time. glendale dmv driving test route selects academy at bishop kearney tuition lead singer of reo speedwagon; 29. On his Farfisa organ, he learned "Light My Fire" by The Doors. The first time I saw them play live was at a little roller rink in Joliet, Illinois, and I was blown away by their energy. [11] Cronin had been playing in The Strolling Dudes, a jazz ensemble that included jazz trumpet player Rick Braun (who had co-written the abovementioned "Here with Me" with Cronin), Miles Joseph on lead guitar and Graham Lear on drums. Their hard rocking live show was so integral to their success, their label released another live album in 1978, "More Live". Speedwagon Ridin' the Storm Out", Recording Industry Association of America, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ridin%27_the_Storm_Out&oldid=1150253432, Wally Heider Recording Studios, Los Angeles and Record Plant, Los Angeles, This page was last edited on 17 April 2023, at 03:16. [1] And Lou Gramm [ex-Foreigner singer] has one of the greatest rock voices in history. Another key song on that album was Take It On The Run, written by Gary. Honestly, I figured that Gary would be out of the band for maybe a year or two. Mike Murphy, REO Speedwagon's lead singer from 1973 -1975 is still recovering after being hit by a car while riding his bike. The album was REO's first to make the top 40, peaking at No. But he was never a good fit for REO Speedwagon. [4] Cronin recorded one album with the band, 1972's R.E.O./T.W.O. I thought hed want to come back, and whatever needed to happen he would do his part. The role of good-looking dude with mullet-fro went to Mark Goodman. Ridin' the Storm Out is the third studio album by REO Speedwagon, released in 1973. Roger Daltrey stutters the vocal on "My Generation" by The Who. Oh, yeah. [20] The band toured the UK arena circuit with Status Quo in December 2016. [12] They teamed up with Styx to record a new single entitled "Can't Stop Rockin'", released in March 2009, as well as for a full tour that included special guest .38 Special. REO Speedwagon continued to score further hit albums (1982's Good Trouble, 1984's Wheels Are Turnin') and singles ("Keep the Fire Burnin'," the number one hit power ballad "Can't Fight This Feeling," etc. Lets face it: Gary is irreplaceable. The band released a self-financed album entitled Find Your Own Way Home in April 2007. climbed to #1 on the Hot 100, Katy Perry became the first woman to send five songs from one album to the top of the charts. It was the first album to feature Mike Murphy on vocals. Over the course of their career, the band has sold more than 40 million records and has charted 13 top 40 hits, including the number ones "Keep On Loving You" and "Can't Fight This Feeling". I was a guitar teacher. A graduate of University of Ottawa, Murphy was a member of the famed 1975 Vanier Cup champion Ottawa Gee-Gees team. Gary was a huge part of what made the band what it was. I often think: Hey, did you listen to the verses? But what I learned with that song was that the more you expose of your life, the more people will relate to it. REO remains a popular live band which tours steadily throughout the U.S. and worldwide. The hired guns brought in since have had stints in band's like Ted Nugent and Wang Chung. The band toured relentlessly under guidance from early manager Irving Azoff. He sang a sampling of REO's hits with the show's singing finalists. But I actually saw Gary recently. There was plenty of collateral damage that came with our success. The first track REO recorded featuring Bruce's vocals was Back On the Road Again from 1979, which was also a successful single. REO Speedwagon - Lost in a Dream Album Reviews, Songs & More - AllMusic But I said: Dude, thats perfect! The song had been a little too sweet. Mike Murphy | REOSpeedwagon Wiki | Fandom REO Speedwagon with Mike Murphy Show more Show more Son of a Poor Man 8 years ago The Doors Studio Rehearsal Footage! [25] The song, "Take it on the Run," features prominently in a 2018 episode of the first season of the TV series "Cobra Kai." The title refers to the address in Westport, Connecticut, where the band stayed while recording in Leka's studio in Bridgeport. Richrath was a Peoria, Illinois-based guitar player and prolific songwriter who brought original material to the band including REO's signature song "Ridin' the Storm Out". Michael Murphy, Lead Singer, Guitar - REO Speedwagon show with Gregg "Regis" Philbin and Gary Richrath. I think that fame and the riches that come with it can also bring out the demons in people. Post Malone came up with "White Iverson" after getting braids in his hair and thinking they looked like basketball legend Allen Iverson's signature cornrows. The sessions started out with Kevin Cronin, but he left the band before the album was finished, due to creative differences. He was replaced by Kevin Cronin. Mike Murphy | Discography | Discogs [14] On December 2, the band released an online video game, Find Your Own Way Home, produced by digital design agency Curious Sense. Graham Lear Gregg Philbin Jesse Harms Michael Murphy Mike Blair Terry Luttrell . par | Avr 28, 2023 | bobcat t650 fuse box diagram | copperhead grille happy hour | Avr 28, 2023 | bobcat t650 fuse box diagram | copperhead grille happy hour Photo of REO Speedwagon Photo by Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images Kevin Cronin and Gary Richrath of REO Speedwagon pose for a portrait in Hollywood, California Bass guitarist Bruce Hall, lead guitarist Gary Richrath , rhythm guitarist and lead singer Kevin Cronin, keyboardist Neal Doughty, and drummer Alan. We had some songs we really felt were strong Roll With The Changes and Time For Me To Fly. He also owned the The REO Motor Truck Company, which made a model in 1915 called the Speedwagon, a forerunner to the pickup truck. Where were you when you heard the news? Find album reviews, track lists, credits, awards and more at AllMusic. You expect that every record is gonna sell 10 million copies. Additionally, further in-concert releases cropped up -- Live: Plus, Extended Versions, and a 2001 live set, Arch Allies: Live at Riverport, split 50/50 between REO and touring mates Styx. Your comeback was the REO album. He also performed drums at soundchecks when Bryan was running late. Real Name: Michael Bryan Murphy Profile: Former keyboard player and vocalist with REO Speedwagon from 1973-75, Murphy went on to perform with such noteworthy groups as Chuck E. Weiss & The Goddamn Liars, and Billy Vera and the Beaters. Vannelli also performed additional piano, Hammond organ, and synthesizer on the 2007 album. Some of the early singles barely qualified for the Hot 100, while some of the latter-day hits made no waves outside of the Mainstream Rock charts, which means that they are relatively unheard by the pop audience that loved Hi Infidelity and "Can't Fight This Feeling." Michael Murphy - iro.umontreal.ca And he wanted me to do some song writing with him, so you never know. So the stage was set for wacky album titles. [5] Ridin' the Storm Out was completed with Michael Bryan Murphy on lead vocal, and it featured Neal Doughty's "wailing storm siren" synthesizer intro on the title track. Though it did not chart as an album, it produced two singles "I Needed to Fall" (Cronin) and "Find Your Own Way Home" (Cronin) which appeared on Billboard's Adult Contemporary radio chart. In early 1968, Terry Luttrell became lead singer, and Bob Crownover joined as the guitar player, replacing Matt. Is your family now the most important thing in your life? The group's best-selling album, Hi Infidelity (1980), contained four US top 40 hits and sold more than 10 million copies.[1]. He has been touring lately with Pete Anderson. All these bands were unique in their own way, but there was a similarity in the music that was undeniable. And that was the spark the core of the band. It peaked at number 171 on the Billboard 200 chart in 1981,[1] and reached platinum status in 1989. What did you think of these bands? Issued in 1987, Life as We Know It managed to go gold, but their fans' sudden disinterest coupled with turmoil between certain bandmembers led to the exit of both Richrath and Gratzer by the end of the decade. Two years later, the band released Wheels Are Turnin', an album that included the No. So when it was time to make the next record, Nine Lives, Gary felt that we should rock a little harder. In early 2014, it was announced that REO Speedwagon and Chicago would be teaming up for 15 dates throughout 2014. List of REO Speedwagon members - Wikipedia John Aldridge, Bryan Hitt's drum tech since July 2005, performed additional percussion parts live from around July 2005 until around February 2017. Mike Murphy and Bruce Hall formed a new band, Silver Bullet, but before the end of the year Murphy had joined REO Speedwagon to replace Kevin Cronin who had left the group during the recording of their third album. No! The song refers to the band being stuck in a harsh winter blizzard after a show in Boulder, Colorado, at a bar named Tulagi (now closed). They grew in popularity in the Midwestern United States during the early 1970s and peaked in popularity in the early 1980s. These were the last songs recorded with Gary Richrath and Alan Gratzer. Did you panic? His first track written for REO was Lost In A Dream from 1974 (co-wrote with Mike Murphy). Get well soon Mike. He is now walking in rehab and therapy. The band's first mid 70s FM hit was the Richrath composed concert fave "Ridin' The Storm Out", and their first gold record was a live album, 1977's "Live: You Get What You Play For". But the guys thought I was being a prima donna. Fiorio then departed in late 1969, eventually assuming the name Duke Tumatoe, and went on to form the All Star Frogs. The band's debut LP, "R.E.O. Honestly, at that point, we didnt know what Billboard magazine was. Crownover played guitar for the group until mid-1969 when Bill Fiorio replaced him. During rehearsals I started playing it on the piano, and the guys looked at me like I was from a different planet. What did the band sound like then? Epic Records signed the band to a recording contract in 1971. Pretty heavy. REO Speedwagon Songs List: All Old & New| AllMusic lead singer of reo speedwagon. Thats a whole book right there. An ad in the school newspaper produced their first job, a fraternity party that turned into a food fight. Of course I saw how the young girls reacted to them. Doughty had learned some Beatles songs on his parents' piano, and Gratzer had been a drummer in local bands since high school. The band appeared in an episode in the third season of the American TV series Ozark, which was released on Netflix on March 27, 2020. In 1977, Philbin was replaced with Bruce Hall to record the first studio album that reached platinum, "You Can Tune a Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish", released in 1978 which received FM radio airplay but fell short of the Top 40. 65. Gregg Philbin died on October 24, 2022.[27]. They performed "Can't Fight This Feeling" and "Roll with the Changes" which featured members of the Beach Boys, the band members' families, and Paul Shaffer on stage for backing vocals. 112112. Another live album, Live Again, was also issued in 1978, followed up a year later by another gold . How does it feel to have written the No.1 song in America? But it was also the first song where I really exposed my life and my relationship to a certain degree. He has been touring lately with Pete Anderson. You recorded an album with the band in 1972, R.E.O./T.W.O. Richard Marx joined REO on stage for a joint performance of two of his hit songs. All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. After graduation, the group signed on with then-unknown manager Irving Azoff (who would later guide the careers of such multi-platinum acts as the Eagles and Steely Dan), which led to the outfit building a devoted following in the Midwest due to nonstop touring. #19). The year 1981 was a banner one for AOR, with four all-time classic albums hitting No.1 in the US REOs Hi Infidelity, Foreigner 4, Escape by Journey and Paradise Theater by Styx. Lead Vocals / Rhythm Guitar 1972, 1976 - Present. That period of the group's history continues to be a . My solo career hadn't set any world records. lead singer of reo speedwagon lead singer of reo speedwagon. He left the band during the recording of the Ridin The Storm Out album, due to creative differences. Epic agreed to let them produce the band's first live album, Live: You Get What You Play For, which was eventually certified platinum. He describes his career as a wild ride. There was no other choice for me. REO Speedwagon Albums and Discography | AllMusic Gary didnt think that much of that song, but I heard something in it. The concert was held on December 4, 2013, in Bloomington, Illinois. Was there a pivotal moment in the making of Hi Infidelity? After that, Miles Joseph and the back up singers were dropped in favor of former Ted Nugent guitarist Dave Amato (who was brought aboard in May 1989) and keyboardist/songwriter/producer Jesse Harms. SideReel. 538727 226130086 2008-07-16T23:14:22Z 75.117.56.68 * [[Michael Murphy (actor)]] (born 1938), American actor * [[Michael Murphy (artist)]] (born 1975), American visual artist * [[Michael Murphy (author)]] (born 1930), American Integral Movement author and co-founder of the Esalen Institute * [[Michael Murphy (diver)]] (born 1973), retired Australian Olympic diver * [[Michael Murphy (politician . I dont know that there will be a next one. REO opted to soldier on, however, with replacement members Dave Amato (ex-Ted Nugent, guitar) and Bryan Hitt (ex-Wang Chung, drums) in tow, as their 14-track 1988 compilation The Hits proved to be a steady seller over the years. So when he brought the song to REO, it was a no-brainer that he would sing it. Nowadays with Photoshop that would be easy, but in 1973 that was quite a technical accomplishment! I realised I hadnt written the chorus because I hadnt really accepted what the song was really about. Gary Richrath. By 1981's "Hi Infidelity" they had reached a new peak, and the LP spawned several major radio hits including "Keep On Loving You", "Don't Let Him Go" and "Take It on the Run" which went to #5 on the US charts, and the Cronin composed "Time For Me To Fly, released on the "Tuna" album. The REO portion of the show was released again under three separate titles: Live - Plus (2001), Live Plus 3 (2001) and Extended Versions (2001) (which was certified gold by the RIAA on April 26, 2006). I looked again at the opening line: I cant fight this feeling any longer. In the fall of 1966, Neal Doughty was just beginning an electrical engineering program at the University of Illinois in Champaign, Illinois, as a junior. But hey, the song did okay! REO Speedwagon - 'The Early Years 1971-1977' (2018) Believe me, I get it. Oh, no. It was a nice meeting. Hard-working and hard-rocking band from the Illinois heartland who morphed into million-selling power balladeers by the '80s. This becomes a bonding moment for the two characters, who were previously enemies in the "Karate Kid" movies. When I got the call I was ready to go. And from that point I needed music like I needed air. I was ready to go. Or why not treat yourself? R.E.O. Speedwagon - Ridin' The Storm Out(Mike Murphy) Ha-ha! And in the late 80s, as the bands popularity declined, it was Cronin who kept REO afloat following the departure of two key members guitarist Gary Richrath and drummer Alan Gratzer. Ill take the credit [laughs]. REO once again teamed with Styx in 2003 for the Classic Rock's Main Event tour which also included another band from their common rock era, Journey. 66 located in Joliet, Illinois. Vocals - Mike Murphy (7) 1st issue with KE prefix ($5.98 list price) and ORANGE Epic labels. And it was his songs that gave them their two US number one hits: the quintessential power ballads Keep On Loving You and Cant Fight This Feeling. . The Ottawa Rough Riders claimed him as a territorial exemption in the 1977 CFL Draft.In his first CFL season he rushed for 871 yards and caught 48 passes for another 483 yards, winning him the Frank . Profile: Rock band from Champaign, Illinois, USA. The artwork was already done too, so they airbrushed me out and put Murphy in. The minute I feel like what were doing now is not as good as the last tour, Ill be done with it. They named the band REO Speedwagon, from the REO Speed Wagon, a 1915 truck that was designed by Ransom Eli Olds. I was freaking out because I feared I would lose my voice permanently. So I just started trying to sing as little as possible at rehearsals. Since 1995, the label has released over a dozen compilation albums featuring greatest hits, including 1999's The Ballads which features two new songs: "Just for You" (Cronin and Jim Peterik) and "Till The River's Run Dry" (Cronin). His lead vocals allowed REO to complete Ridin the Storm Out . Bath They divorced about ten years later; Kevin married his second wife, Lisa, in 1992, and they had three children together: a daughter Holly and twin sons Josh and Shane. [4] Although it was not as successful as its predecessor, the album performed moderately well commercially, featuring the hit singles "Keep the Fire Burnin'" (U.S. #7), "Sweet Time" (U.S. #26) and the Album Rock chart hit "The Key". I was pretty hurt by that. Ridin' the storm out \rWaitin' for the thaw out\rOn a full moon night \rin the rocky mountain winter\r\rMy wine bottle's low \rwatching for the snow\rThinking 'bout \rwhat I'm missing in the city\r\r(chorus)\rAnd I'm not missin' a thing\rWatchin' the full moon crossin' the range\rRidin' the storm out\rRidin' the storm out\rRidin' the storm out\rRidin' the storm out\r\rMy lady's beside me \rshe's there to guide me\rShe says that alone \rwe've finally found our home\r\rThe wind outside is frightning\rBut it's kinder than the \rlightning life in the city\rIt's a hard life to live \rbut it gives back what you give\r\r(chorus)\r\rRidin' the storm out \rWaitin' for the thaw out\rOn a full moon night \rin the rocky mountain winter\r\rMy wine bottle's low \rwatching for the snow\rThinking 'bout \rwhat I've been missing in the city\r\r(chorus) If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Was that the age when you started playing in bands? Made a mistake getting rid of Gary. Michael Martin Murphey/Spouse. Doughty was absent from the REO Speedwagon Unplugged Live in Washington XM Radio show in early April 2007, with producer Joe Vannelli filling-in on keyboards. So whats next for you and REO Speedwagon? It did okay. Thats how we connected. They already had one album, and I didnt really see how my songs were going to fit into their approach. Speedwagon ), or simply REO, is an American rock band from Champaign, Illinois. REO Speedwagon's Kevin Cronin recalls the incredible highs and faltering lows of his band's history and how hes still trying to get that ultimate performance of Cant Fight This Feeling. Wilder's hit "Break My Stride" had an unlikely inspiration: a famous record mogul who rejected it. Leon Huffman from Casey, Il I saw REO Speedwagon several times in the 70's and they were great. #MurphMonday! Formed in 1967, the band cultivated a following during the . The move paid off almost immediately, as REO found their niche by streamlining their sound and focusing on melodic rockers aimed at radio, as well as power ballads aimed at teenage girls' hearts. It was the first album to feature Mike Murphy on vocals. Were you always hoping that Gary might rejoin the band, just as you did so many years earlier? Hard-working and hard-rocking band from the Illinois heartland who morphed into million-selling power balladeers by the '80s. But I wasnt meant to be a solo artist. At the end of the Doors song "Touch Me," Jim Morrison chants, "Stronger than dirt!" We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. REO Speedwagon Artistfacts - Songfacts [26] The group spent summer 2022 touring with Styx, on the Live and Unzoomed Tour, with Loverboy serving as the opening act. As much as its fun to play around, being a rocknroll guy going from town to town and girl to girl, by nature Im a one-woman man. The members returned to school in the fall of 1967 and had their first rehearsal before classes started. The members returned to school in the fall of 1967, and had their first rehearsal before classes even started. 1987's Life as We Know It saw a decline in sales,[4] but still managed to provide the band with the top-20 hits "That Ain't Love" (U.S. #16) and "In My Dreams" (U.S. I was kind of influenced by the Beach Boys, writing about cars. Ridin' the Storm Out was completed with Michael Bryan Murphy on the microphone. Music is an ever-evolving art form. 19802001Caroline Hoguem. And when I got the call from Gary Richrath about joining REO, I was driving a yellow cab in Chicago. Issued at the tail end of 1980, it became one of 1981's biggest albums -- spawning one of the best-known power ballads of all time, "Keep on Loving You," as well as such popular rock radio hits as "Don't Let Him Go" and "Take It on the Run." In a 2001 episode of VH1s Behind the Music series that focused on REO Speedwagon, Cronin and Richrath cleared up any misconceptions of ill will existing between either camp and voiced approval of a possible reunion in the future. The band's debut album, R.E.O. We realised we needed each other at right around the same moment. He is now walking in rehab and therapy. Mike Murphy (musician) (1946-2006), American drummer for the Bee Gees and Chicago Michael Bryan Murphy, lead singer of REO Speedwagon Michael John Murphy, American folk musician Mike L. Murphy (born 1975), American film maker and animator Michael Murphy (singer) (born 1986), New Zealand Idol runner up Is there another album in the works? I knew that was the title, and yet there was a part of me going: God, thats a terrible title for a song! But when I finally surrendered to it, the chorus it wrote itself. We had a deal with Epic Records, and we sold just enough of that album to break even. Stay up to date with in depth music reviews, exclusive interviews and widespread coverage of whats happening from your favourite music genre. Cronin and his wife, Denise, had a son in 1977 named Paris. As Ian Dury once noted, there aint half been some clever bastards. [10] The Hits is a 1988 compilation album[4] which contained the new tracks "I Don't Want to Lose You" and "Here with Me". Kevin first joined REO Speedwagon in 1972 for the album R.E.O./T.W.O. signaled the beginning of the veteran group's winning streak, as both 1977's Live: You Get What You Play For and 1978's You Can Tune a Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish were REO's first to earn gold and platinum certification. Between 1973 and 1975, Murphy would go on to record three albums with REO. But I had to make a choice: either Im gonna let his departure end the band, or Im gonna see if I can do it without him. There are times when even I gag on it. The current lineup of REO Speedwagon consists of Cronin, original member Neal Doughty (keyboards), Bruce Hall (bass), Dave Amato (lead guitar) and Bryan Hitt (drums). but left the band during the recording sessions for 1973's Ridin' the Storm Out because of internal conflicts. He has written liner notes for classic album reissues by artists such as Def Leppard, Thin Lizzy and Kiss, and currently works as content editor for Total Guitar. Yes, like probably every other person of my generation. Nine Lives included one of the all-time classic REO songs, Back On The Road Again, written and sung by bassist Bruce Hall, who joined the band with You Can Tune A Piano Did you want to pull rank and sing it yourself? Did drugs and alcohol play a part in that? He then joined REO once again in Los Angeles in May 2000 for the same encore but no serious plans for a reunion ever materialized. Sure. Spurred on by numerous re-packagings of their back catalog, and successful newer live recordings, in 2007 they released "Find Your Own Way Home" the group's first new studio album in more than ten years. They had their thing and I had my own thing. "Here with Me" cracked the top 20 of the Billboard Hot 100 and the top ten on the Adult Contemporary chart. Michael went on to perform with such noteworthy groups as Chuck E. Weiss & The Goddamn Liars, and Billy Vera and the Beaters. In September 1998, Gary Richrath briefly joined REO onstage at the County Fair in Los Angeles to play on the band's encore song, "157 Riverside Avenue".
Signs Your Principal Hates You, Articles M