If you are trying to contact a Merton Council service and need their contact details, you must call the switchboard on 020 8274 4901 For any other service profiled on this website, you will. If you fly-tip you could be sent to prison and receive a large fine. Categories . Leave feedback or a compliment. Please see and a limited company (03277032). "As well as making 9,500 visits each week to empty on-street litter bins across the SLWP, Veolias team sweeps streets and pavements, empties recycling banks, and clears fly-tips, to keep each borough safe, clean and tidy. Support, services, advice and things to do, For any other service profiled on this website, you will find the providers contact details under the heading 'Who to contact'. If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to previous complaints or when multiple councillors from the same ward Merton - Stop Hate UK | Actions Follow 1 follower Below is a summary of every single of of those 22 decisions: We want our comments to be a lively and valuable part of our community - a place where readers can debate and engage with the most important local issues. 287K The Council was not at fault when it failed to notify Mrs Y about changes to a nearby planning application because there was no requirement for it to do so. Please do not post any personal information relating to yourself, or employees of Merton Council as these comments will not be approved. Report a problem with this page. late waste collections since the contract with Veolia came into force in October 2018. . Printed from https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/merton_nuisance_complaints on May 02, 2023 10:11. Sutton Central Library, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA. If you think it would help to publish regularly the information you have RESOLVED: That Members noted Booked a bulky waste collection which I paid for. Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. to the changes within the Waste Collection Service and the This was the response that I received. The Council is at fault for not providing full information to the Children and Family Court Advisory Service in November 2016, for not getting Ms M's consent to a male student in a meeting with her social worker, for delays in sending minutes of meetings and for failings in its complaints handling. Merton Nuisance Complaints - a Freedom of Information request to Merton Borough Council - WhatDoTheyKnow Merton Nuisance Complaints Jamie Dixon made this Freedom of Information request to Merton Borough Council This request has been closed to new correspondence. Report a problem with this page. Issue - items at meetings - Annual Complaints report - Merton Council Nor does the Council have consider the weight limit on the access road because it is a private matter between the land owners and the developer. "The streets are not cleaned regularly and properly and residents as well as businesses along Haydons Rd have to keep their rubbish inside their flats for up to two weeks, as the council doesn't provide them with a reasonable solution to their waste problem. Waste collection is literally a joke here. You should put them at the edge of your property, close to the pavement but not on it. Website: [1]www.ico.org.uk. Merton Nuisance Complaints - a Freedom of Information request to Merton Do you recognise these fly-tippers? I can confirm that the of complaints on fly-tips: Can you confirm if this is correct please? Companies can ask for reviews via automatic invitations. The free collection includes fridges and freezers. As well as the report, the Ombudsman also published the 22 cases where a complaint was made against the council and subsequently upheld. Croydon Council Bernard Weatherill House 8 Mint Walk Croydon, CR0 1EA; The petition is asking for more CCTV cameras, more enforcement officers and more regular emptying of rubbish bins to be introduced. The Council is at fault for missing collections and poor information about its procedures. WHEN ASIAN FEED INNOCENT PIEGONS AND DUCK ITS DIFFERENT LAW CLASS AS LITTERING. Staff are so unhelpful , my daughter went to nursery in Merton and it was poorly run , failed to tell me my daughter had an accident and then had the cheek to tell me she took the incident formHome which is a complete breach ofData protection, staff in parking services very unhelpful and one particularly very sarcastic they literally do not have any customer service skills in the slightest. Merton Borough Council, Download a zip file of all correspondence. Check your bin collection days - Sutton Council Replacement wheelie bins, boxes, bags and caddies - Sutton Council The ability to comment on our stories is a privilege, not a right, however, and that privilege may be withdrawn if it is abused or misused. issues. To submit information for inclusion on the website, please click onMy account. merton council refuse collection complaints | Promo Tim The ability to comment on our stories is a privilege, not a right, however, and that privilege may be withdrawn if it is abused or misused. The Ombudsman has found the Council was at fault for failing to deal with Ms B's request in a timely manner and for not keeping her properly updated on the actions it took in response. "This is partly caused by lazy and thoughtless people not taking their own rubbish home, but its also because bins arent emptied regularly and there is little or no enforcement from Merton Council. You can find out whether you are on the "white" or "yellow" collection week using the link at the top of this page. "Today, the thoughts of everyone at the council are with the residents of Galpin's Road in Pollards Hill, exactly one month after the gas explosion early on the morning of 8 August. Extortionate parking costs, up to 23:00 hours, 5 days a week. Last year we cleared 16,000 fly tips, 96% within 24 hours of being reported. If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request or wish to New Customers. 020 8770 5000. <>stream Council Tax is too high just compared to Wandsworth council which is just neighbouring. "I hate it. Foi Responses, Please put out your rubbish and recycling correctly or we may not collect it. SocietyWorks Ltd It looks filthy and affects everyones mental health. Mertons deputy leader and cabinet member for finance, Councillor Mark Allison, said:Although this year's independent survey of residents has shown satisfaction with the council rising, with 70% saying they are satisfied, any concernsraised with us are taken seriously. Ms C complained that her personal budget is not enough to pay for the home care she needs. request an Internal Review at or write in to Freedom of Information team, Newsquest Media Group Ltd, 1st Floor, Chartist Tower, Upper Dock Street, Newport, Wales, NP20 1DW Registered in England & Wales | 01676637 |. - Noise complaints (if possible to be further broken down by totals each reason, such as dogs barking, loud music, or equivalent). "We continue to act against those who don't respect our streets, taking in 521,290 in fines for litter and fly-tipping offences over the last year. IF your thnking of renting or letting your property to this council , please take my Following advice, 1 if you want to gain grey hair or a bald head this is the place for you2, if you want to fall behind finanicail payments this is the place for you3 if you want your marrige to break down this is the place for youPlease dont let your proppety to them, the landlords private rental department or any other department. well this shows the quality of the service. <>/ProcSet 83 0 R/XObject<>/ExtGState<>>>/Group<>>> The Council failed to communicate with Mrs X and her son properly about the decision to end his Education Health and Care Plan. inaccuracy or intrusion, then please Thanks for getting back to me. Collection days for rubbish, recycling and garden waste | Merton Council Home Rubbish and recycling Collection days for rubbish, recycling and garden waste Check your. (and abatement notices issued, if applicable) by the council within these If you drop litter we may issue you with a 150 fixed penalty notice. Wall of Shame CCTV appeal, Report abandoned supermarket trolleys from Asda, Iceland or Sainsbury's by calling Trolleywise on 0800 316 1241 or using the. the Council has agreed a suitable remedy. Numerous photos of black rubbish sacks, furniture and. The Ombudsman found the Council to be at fault and it agreed to our recommendations to remedy the injustice caused. It has agreed to carry out these recommendations. Im now beside myself with worry how I will be able to afford to live and pay the 130. We also recommend it apologises to her and makes some service improvements to prevent the faults identified from reoccurring. We are an independent directory of contact information that enables consumers to quickly and efficiently find appropriate contact information and discus their own complaint experiences with other internet users. Based on their experience of the service delivered by our service provider (Veolia) 71% of residents felt satisfied with the collection service, however 40% of households confirmed that they had. "We're investing in more mobile CCTV to be deployed in hot spots across the borough. W-r4 7z6_-w&{WY{r-h{4X/xo=&bi . If you escalate to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) without The Council has offered to refund the additional compliance and enforcement costs which the Ombudsman considers is a suitable remedy. introduction of wheeled bins. "Our Neighbourhood Officers have increased the number of street inspections they make to hold our contractor to account and in the last 6 months, we deducted 26,825 from our service provider for under performance. The Council is at fault for delaying sending a personalised housing plan and decision letter, for not offering interim accommodation, and for not advising about its housing register or how it could help with a deposit. My friends come to the road and ask what is wrong with my street. Awful waste collection service Feels like I'm on the phone to them all the time about waste collection. If you have copied us in on your response to an FOI request, we will store They have read it as a request for the number Waste and recycling - Sutton Council . If you are complaining about Housing Services, we use a two-stage complaints process. 4 0 obj As a subscriber, you are shown 80% less display advertising when reading our articles. These faults caused Ms B a certain amount of distress as her concerns were not taken seriously by the Council and it could have resolved the matter sooner. This request has been closed to new correspondence. a copy and close the entry in the FOI log. Comments have been closed on this article. All rights reserved. All product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately. Merton is divided into 20 wards, each electing three councillors. COUNCIL IS SO CUREPT AND RACEST IS UNBELIEVABLE. Today, Merton Council are introducing a new way to report fly-tipping in the borough, as part of its Keep It Clean Love Merton campaign. The Ombudsman does not uphold the other parts of the complaint because there is no fault in the Council's actions. The officer dealing with your request has asked for clarification on the @Merton_Council. Your donations keep this site and others like it running. We clean our streets and pavements regularly andcarry out weekly checks for build-ups of litter. View as HTML, Freedom of Information Act 2000 / Environmental Information Regulations It has sought to blame Miss T rather than accept responsibility for its own failings. Mrs B complained that the Council failed to properly explain the funding arrangements for the care of her late mother Mrs C. There was fault by the Council in the information it provided and the time it took to consider the funding of Mrs C's care. Information about rubbish, garden and bulky waste collections, missed collections, overflowing bins, flyposting and more. They are poorly run and they really do not give a Damn about anyone. The Council took far too long to complete adaptations to Miss T's home. You can also appeal to the Information Commissioner at: Information The Ombudsman recently released its annual summary of complaints made about councils across the country for the year ending on March 31. The Ombudsman recommends the Council reviews its procedures to ensure similar problems do not reoccur. @merton council - If I hear of, or am made aware of, any future instances of animal negligence at the hands of miss Danielle Holloway that results in either harm to a dog or the death of a dog then I will be making this public knowledge and informing the tabloids. provided, please forward this message to [email address] We are holding Borough and Parish Elections on 4 May. I've lived in 4 councils in London and Merton is by far the worst (and certainly not the cheapest). merton council refuse collection complaints. inaccuracy or intrusion, then please Your vote matters, don't lose it. 2023 Trustpilot A/S. Just to add insult to injury was told he is being very understanding and helpful.. If we are unable to do so, we will provide an explanation . Rubbish and recycling Report a missed rubbish or recycling collection If your rubbish or recycling was not collected, we will return to collect it if you: presented it correctly and at. Jamie Dixon made this Freedom of Information request to Merton Borough Council Mr X complains the Council missed waste collections between May and July 2018 and collected a bulky item collection two days later than agreed. Contact us | Croydon Council Mr C complains about the way the Council responded to his reports of planning breaches at a neighbouring property. Merton Council, Civic Centre, Morden, SM4 5DX. A new way to report Fly-tipping in Merton - Merton Council Newsroom It was currently being assessed whether PDF Further submissions about Waste, recycling and street cleaning services through our wholly owned subsidiary Are you sure you want to delete this comment? report a missed bin collection; report dumped rubbish; manage a parking fine; find out about parking permits; comment or object to a planning application; Comments or complaints Make a complaint or comment; Comment and complaint procedures; . Find out how to dispose of your food and garden waste including the Council's garden waste collection service. But the hole street has a local WhatsApp group and not one person has received any letter to this effect.I acknowledge receipt of your email. Bins, recycling and commercial waste | Royal Borough of Kensington and Find out when we collect recycling and rubbish from your home using our online checker. Absolute Liabilities!I reported a miss Danielle Holloway for animal negligence back in 2021 which almost cost a poor dog its life, I also submitted to Merton council animal welfare department a damming Goddard veterinary group report confirming that miss Holloway had indeed acted negligently not to mention lied to veterinary professionals when questioned and then 6 months later what did Merton council go and do, they granted miss Holloway a dog boarding / daycare licence to allow her to legally carry out care services for dogs, SHOCKING! The Council will remedy the injustice this caused with the actions listed at the end of this statement. Due to the national HGV driver shortage caused by Brexit & Covid-19, we have taken the decision with Veolia to temporarily merge recycling and rubbish collections at some blocks of flats across Merton. 6 September 2021 in Environment, Environment and Regeneration . Contact us if you think it should be reopened. Noise Nuisance: 020 8545 3025. contact the editor here. If you live in a flat above a shop you may have time-banded collections, which means you can only put out your recycling and rubbish at certain times of day. Merton TV proves recycling is being incinerated in Beddington 07/11/2019 - Standards and General Purposes Committee (Item 7). Get the latest news and information about the topics that interest you, straight to your inbox. It should apologise to Mr X and update the information it provides to customers about reporting missed collections. Find out more about presenting your bins on collection day. the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Information You can also download and print this garden waste calendar: Garden waste calendar October 2022 - September 2023. 12 months later and "further examples" of these problems are still prevalent. Maybe they should spend more time actually collecting the rubbish piled up outside the recycling centre than trying to rob people in broad daylight. Residents across the London Borough of Merton have signed a petition to waste company Veolia and Merton Council to combat the volume of rubbish and increase of flytipping in the area. If you are dissatisfied with the response provided you can You try to order a new one and they tell you the order never went through so then you're waiting months for a new one to be returned to you. As a Customer ,, I just need to let everyone know Merton council is run by a bunch of criminals Especially MARK ALLISON. When I wanted to get some information about social housing the response I got was - "what is it you want from me???"
Strengths Of A Tuck Shop, Roy Bryant Interview 1992, Articles M