Welcome to Impact Guns, the nation's top online gun dealer. If you can get the muzzle pointed in the right direction and pull the trigger, the EC9s will follow through. Magnum Biometric Pistol Vault with Shelf Entry-level pistols akin to my old P89 are everywhere and many of them nowadays are polymer-framed, as are many carry pistols. The price point makes it an extremely easy pistol to get into carrying. They have the Ruger stamp on each mag, as both guns are roughly the same size. After loading the magazine, I pointed the pistol downrange at my targetand started squeezing. My only complaints are the manual safety (no doubt encouraged by the Ruger legal department) and the lack of ambidextrous controls (Im a lefty). The EC9s is very similar to Rugers earlier single-column LC9, which was originally designed to serve either as a primary citizen-carry tool or as a full-power, full-featured, no-compromise backup for off-duty law enforcement officers. Decockers are no problem as they dont come in to play until after first round fired & never had one malfunction. No safety feature can replace safe gun handling, of course, but new shooters can benefit from a trigger that wont go bang unless significant force is applied. EC9s MAX-9 Security-9 . My verdict is that all three performed decently, and the Hornady was better than the two by a 1.5-inch difference. Disassembling the EC9s requires squeezing the trigger, and due to the magazine disconnect, a magazine has to be inserted into the pistol in order to squeeze the trigger. The hour-glass shape of the bullet allows the Mechani-Lokt black belt, which is made of black nickel-plated brass, to lock the bullets brass jacket and lead core together, thereby controlling expansion and providing optimal terminal performance. I managed to land all eight shots within the target from 60 feet. Then, to test both myself and the handgun, I moved back to 20 yards and shot at an IPSC practice target without using a rest. He told me to send them both in and they would be given special attention. The EC9S is a striker-fired semi-auto designed for the concealed carry market. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. Ruger. Two are relatively new, and two are not so new, but they are worthy of notice. Again, probably not a huge deal, but something worth mentioning. Height: 4.50 These shots were taken from seven yards, shooting as fast as I could while maintaining accuracy. The EC9s handles well for a small handgun and, more importantly, its reliable. As you can see from the chart, its standard deviation was in the low double digits, indicating the ammo is consistent, and its accuracy in the EC9s was very good. Ill pair its main features with the Ruger LC9s so you can see the differences. Pistol, I recall the range officer blamed it on limp-wristing..That was with a firmer grip, it gave the recoil mechanism a better chance to bring the new round to battery. Check out our Taurus GX4 review for more info on aftermarket parts, disassembly, and ammo recommendations. Vaultek LifePod Electronic Gun Safe - Titanium Gray Item #: 19388. Again, it cycled flawlessly. Ruger provides it so that users have the utmost in safety when disassembling the pistol. Well, its a stack-and-a-half. Although the Kahr CM-9 has a 6+1 round capacity, its a carefully adapted 9mm platform with a trigger-cocking DAO, Browning type recoil lug, and no magazine disconnect that offers smooth shooting. Ruger is shaking up the concealed carry market with the new EC9s. Would you carry a Ruger EC9s pocket carry ? - AR15.COM I already mentioned I would have liked a shorter and lighter trigger, but I am also perfectly willing to concede that concealed carry guns are probably better off with longer and even heavier pulls. The mag holds 7, which is a bit more reassuring than the j-frame max of 5. . While Pluff admitted the LC9s slide is more aesthetically pleasing, the EC9s wide slide serrations allow for easier handling. About the author: My only concern is I bought the EC9s and I read about the issues denamicsports15 (101) 100%. This isn't your grandpa's muzzleloading system. Required fields are marked *. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, Affordable Everyday Carry: Ruger Announces EC9s Pistol, Tested: Arex ReX Zero 1TC Tactical Compact Pistol, Tested: Ruger LCRx 3-inch Barrel .22 Revolver, The Armed Citizen May 1, 2023 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, New: Lone Wolf Arms DUSK 19 Pistol | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, NRA Women | The Armed Citizen April 28, 2023, I Carry: Shadow Systems CR920 9mm Pistol in a Mission First Tactical Holster | An Official Journal Of The NRA, The Rifleman Report: To The Patriotic American, Editors Choice: Rock Island Armory 5.0 ST, Preview: Burdette Custom Holsters Detective OWB SA-35 Leather Holster, The Keefe Report: True Velocity's Leap | An Official Journal Of The NRA, The Keefe Report: On The Range With An American Hero | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Trust But Verify: Function-Checking Your Guns | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Rifleman Review: Winchester Wildcat 22 SR | An Official Journal Of The NRA, WATCH: 2022 National Sporting Clays Championship | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, WATCH: Colt Python Revolver History | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, I Have This Old Gun: Colt Military 1908 Pocket Hammerless | An Official Journal Of The NRA, I Have This Old Gun: Terry Carbine | An Official Journal Of The NRA, I Have This Old Gun: U.S. Army M1871 Rolling Block | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Armed Citizen protected by Smith & Wesson, NRA Women | The Armed Citizen April 21, 2023, NRA Women | The Armed Citizen April 14, 2023: Never Stop Fighting, #SundayGunday: Smith & Wesson Model 350 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Whats in the Washington State Gun Ban | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Hunters' Leadership Forum | Hunters and Beyond: NRA Women Are All Under One Roof, NRA Hunters' Leadership Forum | Colorado Bill Defining Wolves as Experimental Population Heads to House Floor Today, Hardware: Henry Single Shot Turkey Shotgun | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Little Guys To The Rescue: Federals Force X2 Shorty Shotshells | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Review: Duke Cannon Supply Co. That is to be expected though. Drawing the slide back, I familiarized myself with the controls of the EC9s. The Ruger shot all 300 rounds in our test with no issues. I have been very pleased with it, have fired several hundred rounds through it, and have had no issues. That's it? Other features of the EC9s include a 3.12-inch-long steel barrel, a manual thumb safety, a slide lock/release, and a magazine release button located 1911 style. I started by testing for accuracy from 7 yards using a rest. The Ruger EC9s are perfectly good guns, and AG holsters are mediocre but functional. to 17.2 oz. When I finally trained myself to stop doing that, my missfeed problem went away. I also touched up the sights with Whiteout. I found it to be a pretty stiff little pistol the recoil spring is quite stout. I am thinking of trading it in, for something a bit larger, since i cant seem to adjust to the feeling that the gun will slip out of my hand as i fire. Mikey Hartman, Lt. Col. The single-stack design of the pistoland its compact size seem to square up the grip area some. Joseph Von Benedikt shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots. The EC9s sights are both serrated to reduce glare and the rear sight notch is nice and wide so that it's easy to see. The EC9s is one of those striker-fired compact carry-type pistols that uses a single-stack magazine to keep it thin and easy to conceal. Who knew wild turkey's were so stupid!? I would suggest having someone else go to the range with you and fire the guns. If the safeties are a bit too close for your comfort, I suggest you install some new retention springs. I have had an LC9 for about four years. While waiting for the first to return, and reading more of the comments about how this or that persons LCP has never jammed in hundreds or thousands of rounds and eats everything I feed it, I purchased another from a different source in hopes of getting a gun from a different batch or at least one made on a Wednesday instead of a Monday or a Friday, as the one out for repair seemed to have been. Black (s22) 4.4 out of 5 stars . In todays review, well take a deep dive into the EC9s and its characteristics, advantages and disadvantages, and Ill help you decide if its the right CCW for you. Compared to that,this little pistol is a fresh breath of airand a much smaller pain in the waist. Ruger EC9s Review [2023] | Gun Made Ruger EC9S For Sale $218.51, Review, Price - In Stock - Gun Critic When I got the pistol back from Ruger for their fix, it came with a free magazine that included the finger extension floor plate and this extension fixed my problem. GrabAGun is your on stop shop for gun and ammo for sale online. The larger 10-round magazine made the gun much easier for me to shoot, while my better half was happy with either magazine length. An Official Journal Of The NRA | I Carry: Ruger EC9s in a I have a malfunction after two rounds. With a bucket of 115-grain FMJ ammo in hand, I headed out to the desert to see how this pistol runs. The G2 bullet in the CarryGun 9mm ammo is lighter weight than the G2 bullet in the Gold Dot duty ammo; consequently, the CarryGuns G2 bullet weighs 135 grains so that it will reach optimal velocity out of a short-barreled pistol and produce consistent expansion and exceptional barrier penetration. The limp wrist test was the guns final hurdle, and it clear that as well. Initial inspection of the gun made it quite apparent that Ruger was aiming for the concealed carry crowd with this model. Finally I had 300 contiguous failures to fire: the firing pin apparently was broke. It is loaded with a 115-grain flatnose FMJ bullet and military-grade primers, and it is loaded to the same high-performance military ballistics specifications as for the MHS program. Not a big deal, and it's something I could simply learnif needs be. Your email address will not be published. I expected to encounter, at the very least, a failure to feed or return to battery during the initial break-in period. $193.95. $109.95. The EC9s simple design both promotes functionality and reduces cost. The sides, front, and rear of the grip frame (including the front of the finger-extension magazine baseplate) are checkered, and the grooved, contoured magazine release button protrudes just far enough for positive engagement but not so much to catch when drawing the pistol from a holster or a pocket. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1G7xXag. The Ruger EC9s is an incredibly affordable pistol that is touted to be designed around being a compact 9mm aimed at comfortable everyday carry. Then use Testers hi-viz yellow. Point is, these Rugers are well made, cheap, accurate & function great. Since then, this safety program was expanded to encompass the entire Ruger firearm line. I didnt have high expectations for Rugers new subcompact 9mm handgun. Remove the magazine and check if the guns empty. At least it didnt jam at least the first five of every mag as when it was new. Feature Articles, NO failures to feed or extract! Its heavy, breaking consistently between 7.5 and 8 pounds, and the lengthy take-up consists of two distinct stages of increasing resistance. Well be sharing excerpts of it on our syndicated show, America Outdoors Radio, in the coming weeks and crediting you (Jordan) and Guns America for it! The trigger reset is distinctive but the trigger has to be released about 3/5th of the way along its arch of travel to reach it. Remington designed its Golden Saber Black Belt line of handgun ammunition to be the pinnacle of stopping power. Engineered in conjunction with law enforcement professionals, the Black Belt ammunition was initially available only to law enforcement, but its been offered to civilians for almost three years now. Guess all my Rugers were made on Thursdays. Because its pretty much the same LC9s gun, you can find all kinds of internal parts, slides, magazines, and basically anything besides sights. 4.6 out of 5 stars 222. price you pay and your purchases through our links help support That being said, if you want a handgun with adjustable and replaceable sights, you should definitely browse other handguns. The three exclusive EC9s pistols have special finishes that Ruger does not offer on its standard EC9s. Three years ago when The Shooter's Log reviewed the then-newly released LC9 Ruger 9mm semiautomatic pistol, many readers, along with our reviewer, agreed that the pistol was quite possibly too safeespecially for a concealed carry weapon.. I have an EC9S and also have larger hands. I would not carry either of these newer guns for any reason unless they were literally the only gun I had or had ammo for. I also used my RCBS trigger pull scale jury-rigged to measure the pull weight required to rack the EC9ss slide. To Install the Factory-Supplied Locking Device: 1. What this means is that it has a magazine with a unique design that holds more ammo yet still conceals similar to an EC9s. Like previous LC9s models, the EC9s features a Browning-type, tilting-barrel lock-up with the black oxide-finished carbon steel slide. In order to safely facilitate the field stripping process, which requires the trigger to be pressed, Ruger provides a bright orange. The LC9s Pro model started shipping at the end of 2014. I did everything I could (short of throwing the gun in a swamp) to produce a jam, and never experienced any issues.
Mobile Homes For Sale In Lakeland, Florida By Owner, Articles I