The lights make it look really cool and the slides/rides feel totally different in the dark. We had a day pass when we stayed in camelback lodge, this park is huge with plenty to do for young to the very young. Both were fun, but definitely expensive for what they are. What are the top rides/ main attractions: Howlin Tornado slides, the Hydro Plunge water coaster, activity pools, and zero-depth playgrounds? : Camelbacks Aquatopia is definitely smaller than Kalahari, but it still has plenty to keep kids occupied. They each accomplish their decor and theming very well. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Also, we won a 1000 tx and the machine paid out 900. They don't offer as much privacy as the ones at Camelback. What are the top rides/ main attraction: A water coaster and a Surfari FlowRider surfing ride. Splash On! A common question for these families is: Which water park resort should we choose? However, the stairs leading to the bigger slides/rides was grey, dark, and looked pretty run down for a place that has only been open a couple of years. Even with the resort being crowded, the lines to wait were not extreme. Rooms: Kalahari: get on your staff to vaccum the hallways. Plenty to do for 1 full day. In my opinion, Camelback is just a little better than Kalahari and distant third place is Great Wolf. I read all the reviews before coming here and was apprehensive. We have found that we spend less time in showers with reasonable pressure and more time in showers with this feature. The chlorine smell was less overpowering at Aquatopia and the noise level was lower and more bearable. I thought Camelback was bad but not in comparison,.and their front desk people were better trained than Kalahari ( I understand this resort is new and experiencing some growing pains).Rooms: Kalahari: get on your staff to vaccum the hallways. Only to find no one answered the phone. Towels were nice and thick, but the bathroom was small with low water pressure. This allows for creativity when meal planning, as we had a few microwave meals and sandwiches. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. The common areas and bathrooms were well maintained. The staff at the pool was NOT paying attention as not once but THREE times while I was in the swim up bar/hot tub were there children in the hot tub. The mountain coaster and slide are each $10 per person. One side of the hotel has beautiful views of the mountain. But if youre only focused on the waterpark activities, Kalahari gets the edge there. The lifeguards at the Flowrider were much better at Kalahari. Theres also a bakery/caf place in the lobby, with donuts, bagels, coffee, etc. We look forward to seeing you splashing around throughout the waterpark next summer. Stay overnight at vacation rentals or resorts nearby. Besides the waterpark, Camelback offers a bunch of outdoor activities, including the mountain rollercoaster, the mountain slide, zip lines, and a treetop explorer course. Arrive early to the waterpark and take advantage of less crowd and waiting time. If you would like to discuss further please email me at PAConnect@KalahariResorts.com Thank you for sharing. The center play structure had 3 slides, with the top one requiring 48 height, which seems high for a kiddie play structure. The front desk clerk advised us that the room wasn't cleaned because we didn't request the staff to clean the room. We look forward to having you as a return guest in the near future!Best Regards. The park had been open only an hour, yet the toilet paper, hand soap and paper towel supply was completely depleted. Unlike Camelback,Just came back from our Labor Day weekend visit to Kalahari and it was very good. No hot tub anymore, just a warmer pool filled with kids. We were shocked that this is a policy at such a high end resort! We were then forced to go back downstairs to get someone to open the door. Please Make Kalahari Great Again!Check InAt the advice of the hotel reservationist, we arrived at 12:30 to make use of the water park prior to our 4pm room check-in. There are more food choices at Kalahari, but IME, overall food quality is better at Camelback. Kalahari boasts about 15 large slides, which is a combination of body slides, tube slides, and raft slides. Hello ozjamal, Thank you for choosing to spend your day out with us at Camelbeach and for the review. Kalahari has the most toddler slides by far when comparing the three resorts. The master has the bathroom within the bedroom but the other has the bathroom next to the entry with the sink opposite the bathroom by the entry (thought that was a weird set-up). We That title is now owned by Dreamworks water park in American Dream. Contact (570) 629-1665 **Due to staffing challenges some slides and activities may be closed. When we returned at 9:30pm, we were greeted by the housekeeping staff. One with two queen beds and one with one king. This is a beautiful hotel, if I pay for a nice room I don't want to see garbage all over the hallways. Aquatopia opens at 10 most mornings, which I think is too late. There should be signs up warning parents about the depths of the water. No hot tub anymore, just a warmer pool filled with kids. The room I had in Carmelback was a dark, dirty dump! Waterpark is plenty fun for the kids-My husband and I appreciated the bar and restaurant at the end of the day. We look forward to seeing you splashing around throughout the waterpark next summer. Both were fun, but definitely expensive for what they are. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Its about a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel on the mountain. Each season brings different Old Windmill Farm is located at 262 Paradise Lane in Ronks, Pennsylvania. We asked the bartender to call to restock. She hasn't been back on any slides since. So your kid could wait 30 minutes to have a 10 second turn without any instruction, and there were definitely some guests who hogged the time. We are happy to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy our waterpark during our twilight session! read more. Camelback also has their mountain roller coaster.The indoor water park is nice. The bath tubs much larger then Camelback. Even over the busy Labor Day weekend the wait times for popular slides were reasonable. Then, we didnt have to leave the resort to eat, or eat each meal at a resort restaurant. However, this is the one time I should have listened. Bunk bed room at Camelback was larger and more comfortable, with two full-sized bunk beds rather than one small bunk at Kalahari. We don't have toddlers any longer but those little kids look like they were having a ball. Great Wolf Lodge vs. Kalahari vs. CamelBack's Aquatopia! THE POCONOS Please know I have already shared this review with our Management team to address the signage. Let your kids enjoy themselves in the kids section. Hello Strahberrie, Thank you for choosing to spend your summer day with us at Camelbeach and for the review. You would also think staff would acknowledge and offer you a ticket to return for the day considering the amount of money you pay! We had a day pass when we stayed in camelback lodge, this park is huge with plenty to do for young to the very young. Aquatopia opens at 10 most mornings, which I think is too late. Rooms are similar, nothing super luxurious about either place. more. Prices for each activity range from $4 to about $10. Their is a microwave and small fridge and coffee maker. Please see our partners for more details. I complained to Ralphie, the waterpark manager, he was very understanding, gave my daughter a stuffed animal, some arcade credits, a free pizza, and said he will speak with the girl working the slide. The bath tubs much larger then Camelback. Views at Camelback nicer depending on your room. You would also think staff would acknowledge and offer you a ticket to return for the day considering the amount of money you pay! Left my 8 year old terrified after being let out into 7ft of water when told it was 3ft! Required fields are marked *. However, the room was extremely clean, it is new so that helps, and it's huge! Reserve your time in the sun now - tickets and season passes are on sale. From valet parking to the time we left. Take care. The lifeguards at the Flowrider were much better at Kalahari. There is a dorm sized refrigerator and a small microwave. Three very slow elevators on our wing of the resort. Now when you book online the price for just the room is one price and if you click on safari package it is $60 more. Outside visitors are permitted to purchase day passes, which ranges from $39 to $49 depending on the time of day the pass is purchased. Camelback has a true outdoor water park with a huge wave pool and tons of rides and water play areas. It is like an oasis in the middle of the mountains, offering fun water activities for kids and adultsexperience Camelbeach either on a day or weekend getaway. Kalahari also features a gigantic arcade. Hello ozjamal, Thank you for choosing to spend your day out with us at Camelbeach and for the review. The outdoor pool is perfect for relaxing or enjoying the summer weather (summer months only) and the hot tubs and swim up bars were perfect for me! The waterpark is only for guests staying at the Camelback Lodge, and they also receive admission to Camelbeach, an outdoor waterpark nearby the indoor waterpark. However, the counter labeled concierge provided little assistance other than making high end restaurant reservations.CoffeeEach morning we enjoyed the delicious, fresh roasted coffee at the marketplace in the main lobby. The staff needs better training, they give you absolutely no information. The signs only said that there was a 48 inch requirement. Each resort offers multi-room suites, as well as the typical two queen bed suites. The grandchildren, ages 8 and 10 are usually starved by 12:30, but they didn't want to eat because they were having so much fun. I have never written a review on a hotel and always give places the benefit of the doubt after reading sub par reviews. The room was awesome and it was clean! Go early or late to the famous water rides to avoid beat lines. Check-in was fast and room was ready before stated check-in time, although Im sure it varies depending on how busy it is. Here are some tips and ideas that can help you make the most of the waterpark getaway in Poconos. Recommended experiences in and around Tannersville. The lines at registration!!! The area for toddlers seemed pretty small, especially compared to Kalahari. We waited.. they opened and about an hour later more poop was found, so again the entire area was closed. The wave pool is smaller then Camelback but still good. Recommend that you make reservations/get advance tickets at the activities center in the arcade area. Valet at $25 a night was efficient. Our son loves this place and never gets tired. Prices are the average nightly price provided by our partners and may not include all taxes and fees. We are very proud to offer an adventure for everyone in your family from the youngest member of you family to the young at heart and everyone in between. The center play structure had 3 slides, with the top one requiring 48 height, which seems high for a kiddie play structure. Hello Skeelove, Thank you for choosing to spend your day out with us at Camelbeach and for the review. We did the Italian restaurant Sortinos and the food was very good. Both Kalahari and Camelback charge a $20ish/day resort fee. Water park: my kids are the ones who rate this area. I took my 8 year old daughter on the tanzanian twister. Kalahari vs. Camelback - Review of Kalahari Resorts - Tripadvisor My daughter wanted to go first. Kalahari has the superior, larger waterpark. The lazy river is shorter than Kalahari, but the theming made it really fun. Kalahari boasts about 15 large slides, which is a combination of body slides, tube slides, and raft slides. At least at Kalahari, you get a free sugar cookie to decorate at 3:00 and some family games and a coloring contest. The living room has a fireplace, sofa, love seat , coffee table and a dining table with three chairs. We absolutely Loved our stay at Kalahari. > Kalahari, Do your kids love video games and would like a game with different quests? At least at Kalahari, you get a free sugar cookie to decorate at 3:00 and some family games and a coloring contest. Servers were nice, asking if you wanted to a to go cup for your coffee. The lights make it look really cool and the slides/rides feel totally different in the dark. Discover everything that Pennsylvania's largest outdoor water park has to offer. In addition to MagiQuest, an interactive wand game that has children completing quests by walking around the Lodge, theres also gem mining, an arcade, bowling, and a Build-A-Bear workshop. My only gripe was that I wish they would the card on a bracelet or necklace. Mountain Adventures has zip lines, a mountain coaster, and a tree top ropes course. Travel within United States is: . Lock in the lowest price from these sites. Rooms were fine, a bit dusty. Total ride time is about 5-7 minutes, and that includes the 4-5 minute ride up to the top (on the ski lift for the slide, on the coaster car for the mountain coaster). This is definitely the largest indoor water park in the country. There are a number of rides and attractions that incorporate the overall theme of the resort, including a Flowrider, lazy river, Anaconda water coaster, Lost Lagoon basketball pool, five waterslides, Splashdown Safari, and a swim-up bar.
Do Roadrunners Attack Dogs, Articles C