May God's Blessings be upon him forever. The reunion took place during halftime of the Cowboys game with the St. Louis Cardinals. Not only did Bob win the hand of cards, but he also quickly won Judys heart. He finished his career with 371 catches for 7,414 yards (20.0 yards per catch) and 71 touchdowns, which remains a Cowboys receiving record. While we are saddened, we also rejoice that we were blessed to have you for such a time as this. Hayes You will never be forgotten. My condolences to the Hayes family in thier time of grief. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League. And off you go into oblivion. When he was coaching, that was obviously his dream, to be coaching at the Silverdome in the state finals. Baseball seems to take care of its own better than most sports. Hall of Fame coach Bob Hayes remembered as gentle giant Over the last five years, he had so many struggles. Bob Hayes This is where he's supposed to be. -- Hayes was stricken with adult-onset muscular dystrophy in his 40s but never complained. Sports legend Bob Hayes has died Former Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers' player Hayes is part of the Class of 2009. https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/gallery/dallas-cowboys-bob-hayes-gallery/, Updated Cowboys roster, depth chart following 2023 draft, 2023 NFL Draft: Cowboys Undrafted Free Agent (UDFA) Tracker, 7 draft hauls Cowboys could've had if they made different choices, Report Cards: Draft experts underwhelmed by Cowboys' 2023 7-pick haul, Mel Kiper Jr. issues surprising grade for Cowboys draft class with 'not much flash', 5 prospects Cowboys could've drafted instead of DT Mazi Smith, Instant Analysis: Draft experts weigh in on Cowboys' pick Mazi Smith, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Looking at him from a distance Im trying to get ready for the game it was like a kid in a candy store. The former football coach and With his arms outstretched, former Dallas Cowboy's all-pro wide receiver "Bullet" Bob Hayes acknowledges the cheers of a capacity crowd at Texas Stadium at Irving, Oct. 21, 1979. On behalf of the Officers and Directors of the Florida Sports Hall of Fame, I want to express our deepest sympathies to the family of Bob Hayes for their loss. Jay Inslee essentially halted the state's death penalty by refusing to sign any execution orders. We will always remember how he was so cool and calm before the meet, but when it came to his running the 100 yard dash, he became explosive and powerful with a can't catch me attitude. Rest in Peace "Bullet". Wando High School icon Bob Hayes passed away on Friday after a tough battle with cancer, his wife confirmed with ABC News 4. And he did not have the ability to select the good from the others. Had the pleasure of running in the Bob Hayes Invitational track meet and even if you weren't in it you were there. The mausoleum for Olympic gold medal winner and Dallas Cowboys star Bob Hayes was dedicated and unveiled at Edgewood Cemetery. this is Jerry's doing! ALWAYS NOW HE IS THE MOST GREAT ATHLETE IN JACKSONVILLE EVER. From the CLASS OF 1969 MATTHEW WILLIAM GILBERT: WE SEND OUR DEEPEST REGRETS TO THE FAMILY: ONE OF JACKSONVILLE GREATEST EASTSIDE HERO'S. Bob Hayes Jr., left, and presenter, Hall of Fame quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys' Roger Staubach, stand with the bust of Bob Hayes Sr. during the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Saturday, Aug. 8, 2009, in Canton, Ohio. Bob Hayes, former Olympic start now a rookie end with the Dallas Cowboys, and his wife Altamease, look at his injured ankle at their home in Dallas, Oct. 18, 1965. As friends, classmates and Alumus of FAMU, Sylvia (Frazier) and I hold you in our prayers during this time. He has three children and has been married and divorced three times. (Joan Marcus ) By Charles McNulty Theater Critic. Hayes beat Gibson by .02 seconds with a 5.01 time. Evidence photos: Pelley family quadruple murder Bob Hayes Career Stats | NFL.com Education [ edit] McGee graduated from London High School in 1976. http://www.cjonline.com/PalmPilot/stories/092002/spo_hayes.html, http://dal.scout.com/a.z?s=112&p=2&c=835595#crisp. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. MY FAMILY WILL NEVER FORGET WHERE THE LORD HAS BROUGHT US FROM AND THE LOVE THAT EVERYONE HAD FOR ONE ANOTHER. Altamease Hayes, who was once married to Pro Football Hall of Famer and Dallas Cowboys legend Bullet Bob Hayes, received an extension Tuesday just as she said she could be weeks from being evicted. He was 59. WebDALLAS The one-time wife of former Dallas Cowboys legend Bob Hayes nicknamed "Bullet Bob" for his speed and agility on the field is facing foreclosure and eviction You will be missed. He died of Bob worked at Williams Printing Company for 15 years, where he met the love of his life Kimberley Barlow. Hayes had just gotten back to town from a business trip and was waiting for practice to begin. Our sincerest condolence to the family of Robert (Bob) Hayes. Love ,your friend Krystal Porter. This was after he scored three touchdowns. He has written about the Washington Commanders and Ray Rice.[16]. However, it's also the day that a double-gold medal Olympic sprinter questioned, wondering if it would ever come, as Hayes struggled in his final years with health problems. Your achievements will never be forgotten. Is Bob Hayes in the Hall of Fame? Bob is survived by his wife of 64 years, Gail; children, Carolyn (Tim) Mabb, Todd (Linda) Hayes and Christine (Tim) Van Vessem; grandchildren, Erika (Jared) GROWING UP ON THE EASTSIDE WITH YOUR FAMILY ALWAYS LEFT GREAT MEMORIES IN MY HEART AND MIND. I grew up watching Bob Hayes and the Dallas Cowboys, Thanks for the memories, Grace and Peace unto the family. "You make it and time passes -- and then the big money stops. Former Montrose football coach Bob Hayes is flanked by wife Judy, son Eric and daughter Dana at his retirement dinner. We first met Bob at the NAIA track & field meet in Sioux Falls, SD. NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. It won't happen to me.' Charles Dean Hayes[1][2] (n Fout),[3] better known by his stage name Chick McGee, is a radio personality who appears on The Bob & Tom Show. But she said Bob took care of many details surrounding his estate before he died in an effort to try and make things easier on his family until the end of his life. Former wife of 'Bullet Bob' Hayes faces foreclosure Coming out of school, the money was better than you could make -- I would have been an engineer -- not quite twice as good. And unlike the treatment accorded Bob Lilly and Cornell Green there was no Cowboy push toward a I admired him so much. THE FAMILY THAT PRAY TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER. In the NFL, George Allen was one of the few executives who gave his players a shakedown season, at full pay to prepare for full-time return to the real world. My brother said at the funeral that we knew mom really, really loved dad because when he graduated, he had nothing. He was hired to win.. You have funeral questions, we have answers. It was such a comfort during the darkest of times that he could always find something to laugh about. Enjoy. Former Dallas Cowboy Bob Hayes and his wife Janice enter State District Court in Dallas, Texas, April 17, 1979. With his arms outstretched, former Dallas Cowboy's all-pro wide receiver "Bullet" Bob Hayes acknowledges the cheers. You did not forget us, you remembered us. How tall was Bob Hayes? Now we can say Bob Hayes has done it all. Most of them came wearing Gilbert orange-and-green jackets, and were overwhelmed with pride at seeing one of their own from Jacksonville's Eastside taking his place among the NFL legends. This is the trip of a lifetime.". He made up all the distance and won going away. May God always shine upon you and your family. Hayes, Robert (Bob), 76, passed away this morning (June 25, 2009) at his home in Halifax, NS, with his family at his side. Bob Hayes is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. "He certainly had a huge impact on our football team. Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. The former Olympic champion sprint star appers to have made a niche for himself in the pro football ranks. Paving the way in track & field he set a standard that will forever be HIS. "I played with Bob. Bob Hayes, former Olympic start now a rookie end with the Dallas Cowboys, and his wife Altamease, look at his injured ankle at their home in Dallas, Oct. 18, 1965. The storied life of Bob Hayes ends at 91 - Missoulian Bob Hayes Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images a great legend who will be forever missed and honored. The Redding Girls: Rosalyn, Carolyn,Mildreda, Alfreda, Justine, Omega(Eldrick), Gwendolyn and their niece Marilyn and the rest of our family. Hayes' gold medal in the 100 meters earned him the designation of the world's fastest human and provided him the opportunity to become the first Olympic champion to make it big in professional football as a wide receiver for nine years with the Dallas Cowboys, and a two-time All-Pro. "When I passed off to Hayes (who also won the 100-meter dash), we were third -- and in lane seven, six yards behind France in lane two. WE SEND OUR DEEPEST CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY MAY GOD GIVE YOU PEACE. Bob Hayes was the most exciting football player and sprinter that I have ever seen. It doesn't matter anymore, because that's all over. Coats Rose Attorney Prevent Foreclosure and Eviction of Former Wife of Bullet Bob Hayes. Phone: 513.830.0261 Of all the world's drugs, few are as addictive as sports. Bob Hayes was elected into the Hall of Fame as a Player in 2009. BOB HAYES FAMILY, JEROME & WESTINE LODGE, To the Hayes Family, May God be with you, with the lost of Bob, He was a Classmate and a friend, and will be missed by you and his friends. Last year, he became the 11th member of the Cowboy's distinguished Ring of Honor at Texas Stadium. McGee graduated from London High School in 1976. Bob rest in peace and God Bless the Family. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. Historical records matching Samuel Hay Samuel Hay in MyHeritage family trees (Hayes Family Web Site) Samuel Hay in England Marriages, 1538-1973 Samuel Hay in England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975 Samuel Hay in FamilySearch Family Tree Samuel Hay in FamilySearch Family Tree Samuel Hays in MyHeritage family trees Fax: 512.469.9408, PNC Center The Cowboys finished with a 10-4 season, to win their division's championship. One more step and he'd had been out of my reach. In this time of going home ceremony,I know God has been with the family, and will continue to be, especially these next few days, when we feel we need him the most, when loved ones are no longer with us in flesh form , but we know that they are there in spirit so that we really never lose A love one , their in our lives forever as long as we remember them in this great family called humanity, love and respect to the family. Wando High legend Bob Hayes passed away, family member And he loved to spend time laughing.. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. Sean Hayes stars as Oscar Levant in in the Broadway premiere of Doug Wrights Good Night, Oscar.
Newton County Appeal Arrests, Examples Of Vagueness In Politics, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Login, Salerno Medical Patient Portal, Articles B