Still a "replica" "continuation car" or "tribute" but its different from a kit built in your garage. GT40 Tech Talk -- MK1 - MKII - MKIII - MKIV, Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself), B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson, Cobra's by Emerson----Speak with Bill Emerson. I spoke with James today. After doing my research about 10 years ago, I was set on getting a Cobra built by Backdraft Racing. I'm in the process of building a Factory Five MKIV roadster - so take my comments with a bit of bias. Acura. A 'Vette is just a 'Vette. I worked on one for a customer. The cheapest Backdraft currently on Hemming is around $76K. Premium carpeting w/ bound edges for trunk and cockpit. The passenger side trailing arm has a bunch washers between the bushing and the trailing arm bracket. If so, what do you think of the performance. The heart of the beast is a Roush 427cui V8 engine that pumps out a healthy 550-horsepower shifted down to the rear wheels by a Tremec TKO 600 five-speed manual transmission. It was a beautiful engine to look at, but was problematic. This menacing Cobra replica is slathered in a stealthy Black Magic paint topped with Magnetic Grey stripes . Boots seem good to me. No you can remove the cover it will pull back far enough to check the bolts. you buy a backdraft to have a comfortable cobra that you can DD on sunny months. I'm still searching for the cause of the subframe rubbing before shipping the car to Radical Roadsters. All rights reserved. by xb-60. New . 2023 Historic Races (Pacific Raceways) July 1. What's in it? No experience with kit cars but after 15 years trying to keep things running all weekend, this seems too good to be true. Backdraft Racing | Factory Five Racing Forum Backdraft Racing Filters Fuel pump replacement coatin20 Oct 12, 2022 6 626 Dec 11, 2022 by coatin20 Post Pictures of your Backdraft ! This Cobra is sinister when it comes to both looks and performance. AC. I am not a Cobra expert and not that familiar with all the differences between the makes out there. For the record, I actually liked the shifter Not sure how one would do a remote shifter, if you wanted a "traditional" shifter angle then you might be able to build a V8 T5 with a truck case so the shifter comes out a lot more forward. The cheapest Backdraft currently on Hemming is around $76K. What do I need to know when looking at/considering one of these Shelby Cobra replica/kit car? Located in Maryland. ABC. All rights reserved. If anything, I'll have a better view of the suspension. Hi all, I know I posted my questionabout comparing C6 Z06 andC7 Z51 but today my wife and I saw a Shelby Cobra (presumably either Factory Five or Superformance) on the road and she asked why I don't get one of those instead. There are probably more than I noticed but here are the ones I saw: - The driver side door doesn't align as well as the passenger. 2023 Motorsport Marketing. Backdraft Racing Custom Cobra Roadster Replicas | Shelby Cobra Replica Putting a semi-gloss black coating or paint down on the dash top should help a lot with the reflection issue. All Makes. As recommended, this weekend I plan to remove the wheels, spring, shocks and check the full range of the suspension to see what may be causing the rubbing. I have seen a few at C&C and although they are very cool and air seems like an option they appear to give up a LOT of visibility compared to the open Cobra. Then I drove one, a FF kit with a Ford 302 crate engine. It's not a direct comparison. Backdraft Cobra?? - BIMMERPOST This Cobra is Avis Blue with pearl white racing stripes, and it is a shining example of Backdraft's craftsmanship and superb engineering. View All Members Showing 10 of 215 Member (s) socalliving Bob K HBW mattbrowne hauss Steve Gallegos Cashburn Quentin Z SGwick jace9203 View Pictures Showing 5 of 77 Picture (s) From CUZECAN From CUZECAN #bu, Saturday night cruise after Barrett Jackson. Nostalgic Motoring Company, an official dealer for Backdraft, is excited to offer the opportunity to take home this brand new 1965 Backdraft Cobra RT4B replica with plenty of attitude. How's that for bizarre cross-shopping. Hyundai Elantra N: Better performance than a Civic Type R? Would you be interested in a ERA 427 cobra with a real 427 sideoiler?? What are your thoughts after a few years of ownership? RT3 4.6 ltr modular hotrod engine o2 sensors? I thought the body style differences were interesting. Wide seats allow for plenty of comfort and space, and extra leg room not an issue. . YES! : For registered members this ad will NOT show. Backdraft Racing | Factory Five Racing Forum YES! https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/foru.all-and-tuning Backdraft Racing Shelby Cobra 427 V8 B E A S T!! - YouTube If I had to do FFRagain I would buy a used spec racer like wearymicrobeposted. : For registered members this ad will NOT show. Resale value when you buy it second hand from the first owner is where you save the most cash. Cobra certainly rougher around the edges than a Z06. Sitting here in the puts at NCM thoroughly enjoying the smile this c7 Grand Sport is putting on my face each and every session. (l33t FS) GRM+ Member and MegaDork 7/16/21 9:39 p.m. Pete. It does look like the differential shifted towards the rear car. 5) If you build you will likely not get yourmoney out of it if you sell - that said good builds will go 50K-ish so its not like you will take a huge bath. I want to register an account for free right now! Good cars, very fast,but kinda in a treat it wrong and it will bite kind of way. I think they look awesome. What would the normal clearance be for the CV joint and the carrier? He has to buy it in kit form or have one built up there. Thanks. 2"x4" rectangular steel ladder style frame with front crush zone. Confirmed what I already knew. Have a friend who might be wanting to sell his well prepped supercharged ffr. I have lost over 40% of my hearing to decades of work in industrial manufacturing, I don't have enough left to sacrifice in the name of cars. I'm a really big fan of the FFRs, I rode in one for about 6 hours one day (to the FFR Open House and back) with a standard 4 link suspension and found the ride to be very comfortable. You have half a barely muffled V8 blatting at your left ear, you could probably touch the ground if you weren't worried about third degree burns on your wrist, and your view through the windshield is almost completely obscured by the reflection of the scuttle on the inside of the glass, because the scuttle is painted body color and just as shiny. Backdraft Racing Cobra | Page 2 | Cadillac CTS-V Forum It's DuPont not Hemmings. Backdraft 427 ; Build: June 2022. Their build quality is on point, and the car's aesthetics are extremely similar to the original Cobra at a much lower price point than it's expensive rivals (Superformance, Kirkham, etc.) Combining 60s styling with advances in modern technology, our Roadsters include features like full independent suspension and power disc brakes, giving the car the ride and handling of a true sports car that feels as much at home on the road as as does on the track. If you have around $45K would you get a Shelby Cobra Factory Five or Superformance, well built C6 Z06 or a C7 Z51? Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett, Johnex Motorsports--Speak with Mike Tilcox, Lone Star Classics---Speak with Dennis & Steve, Midstates Cobra's---Speak with Bob Kallio, Standard Transmission and Gear speak with Jimi Guthrie, Upstate Super Replicars--Speak with Bill Connelly, Tornado Alley Cobra Club (Eastern Oklahoma). Does anyone have a lead on 17" knock offs rears or fronts? The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo . Somewhere in all of that discussion there is surely some good information regarding PATS, fuel pumps and steering. Must be a member and logged in to read posts or post in this Forum. Airstream. The front end features LED headlights along with smoked LED turn signals and taillights, and black 18-inch Halibrand-style wheels sit on all four corners. But again, that was a few years back. we serve regional and national members with an in-depth forum and archive of vehicle information. Because our roadsters are limited production, hand built component cars, we have lots of custom options for you to choose from, like ceramic coated black side pipes and roll bars, 18 matte black coated rims and many interior options. BackDraft Racing --- - Club Cobra Welcome to Club Cobra! Club Cobra is the world's largest Shelby related site! Some of that is the supplied parts some of that is the kit itself. Was not a kit, fully assembled. He was very friendly and willing to help. Although it is indeed a solid kit, It's taking an astounding quantity of massaging to get it together nicely. Are there any options you didn't get that you wish you would have (or vice versa)? Mine are in the same condition. 1) TheFactoryFiveForum.comand FFcars.com are invaluable when it comes to information on these things. The World's largest Trunk carpeting was pretty poor. How are these kit cars to drive on the track and for autocross? This is why the FFR spec racer was made. There are many unique features of Backdraft Cobras (and Nostalgic Motoring). It brings smiles to peoples faces seeing something different. I had to raise the roll hoop for the guy so he could pass the broom stick test with his helmet and the hoop was sealed with approximately 6 full size cartridges of clear silicone haphazardly squirted near the holes. Pick a color and be done with it. There's very little separating an ffr from a trans am car. The passenger side spring isn't square to the body like the driver's side. 2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum. 3. On costs: Backdraft roller = $28.9 k+. Club Cobra - Powered by vBulletin Private. Corvettes get attn too, but more negative than the cobra. In fact, these Cobra replicas can be special-ordered by specific color, equipment, and features. I love yours! Seems your pics are not displaying in the correct orientation for others to view. check out the. Vented brakes, cooled diff, dry sump, 315/335 NT01s fit, and all with a factory warranty. I check this area often but like I said after I did this it has not failed .It has been about 2 years. non biased Shelby Cobra related site! The guy had to get a lawyer involved and it was eventually registered as a 1966 "replica". p.s. 4) This question is abit too late for me - my decision was made - Cobra all the way! 4. #buil, The perfect car for the perfect garage! Don't know why I typed Hemmings. Some of the fit and finish stuff was below par, but mechanically it was solid. There are a range engine and transmission options available including Coyote, Ford Racing, Roush, and Iconic Racing. You are using an out of date browser. The racing team behind every meticulously hand-built Backdraft roadsteris right by your side with backup, service, support and legendary customer service long after you take your beast home! Want a 4 wheel drift, no problem. to tiring in about three blocks. Great reputation btw. Hey guys im in the market to buy a sports car and im down to 3 cars. Appreciate 0 Quote 01-27-2017, 07:00 PM #24: Maynard. Just press the go pedal a little harder. You can basically find an answer to any questionthere. Required a portapower and big levers. Has anyone ever considered this idea, or done it? Now that I can see better it looks like the differential has moved in the carrier causing contact with the sub frame. I want to register an account for free right now! Under the bonnet is a 345 BHP 302 CID built by Ford Racing, coupled with a World Class T5 Transmission and hydraulic lifters. Backdraft Racing Cobra for Sale - classiccarsbay.com Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra. Shelby Cobra kit cars, continuations or Kirkhams, or it ain't cool enough. Weather protection is limited or nonexistent. for the body shape and noise it makes, I don't see a problem with a 5.0 fox body conversion kit, which I think is ~$45-55k if properly built on a clean donor car. What's new. BMW Garage: BMW Meets: Register: Today's Posts: Search: . A little bit rarer than the Cobra, and aroof and being able to use A/C has its advantages. Does anyone know how much clearance should I gave between the top of the sub frame / carrier? New posts New media New media comments Latest activity. Muscular 1974 Super Duty Trans Am Commands Attention, Father And Son Reflect On 1971 Alfa Romeo Spider 1300 Junior. There are 3 backdraft ones on hemmings right now, at $46k. if you want a cool car, the cobra might get the nod - especially being a convertible as you get to see and smile at more people. But I have aGolf R for bad weather / daily driving for the race car I want lots of drama even at 30 mph. When he contacted them, he was told in no uncertain terms, AFTER THE FACT, that Superformance replicas are not meant to be driven hard such as at track days or autocrosses. They can be built to almost any level of performance and capability. It's a true Backdraft, not a replica like Factory Five Threads: 93,379, But it really depends what you want out of your car. Their build quality is on point, and the car's aesthetics are extremely similar to the original Cobra at a much lower price point than it's expensive rivals (Superformance, Kirkham, etc.) I've been watching this thread since last year. I want to register an account for free right now! . 3081 . . Good luck with your pick! I have a TON of info on Factory 5 racing Cobras as well, including a pretty cool build school you can attend that gives you help with building your own car. Plenty of ways to spend/save depending on your preferences. I notice the springs top plates aren't in the same location. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. BDR Cobra | Gateway Cobra Club Made out of hand-laid fiberglass, the body is slathered in a glossy Black Magic with a Magnetic Grey stripe outlined silver and broken up by a red center stripe. Talk Cobra Take weather protection into account, because Cobras don't really have any. It doesn't have the appeal of the Cobra, unless it's an OLD 'Vette. The dashboard is made out of carbon fiber and features Auto X red-faced gauges and a SABELT leather steering wheel. Only complaints I heard were that the some of the BMW bits used weren't up to handling the power if you dropped big block in it. I plan to drop the car off with James at Radical Roadsters as soon as his schedule frees up. I agree Corvettes are the easy button and provide weather protection. It was a very short time before the frame started cracking. Does this info help or muddy the water? One of the guys in our local Cobra club has a BD. It makes for a very fun, and capable car (independent rear) think of an old M-roadster on a serious steroid injection with the ability to fit 305-width tires. Its got a Ford Stroker and a TKO600 Suspension. Currently own: 1965 Backdraft Cobra Replica, 2013 SVT Raptor, 2020 Charger Hellcat, 1967 Olds. The drive shaft looks like it may be at slight angle from the transmission to the differential.
Sfusd Payroll Contact, Where The Crawdads Sing Ending Discussion, Articles B