2. and athletics for preschool, elementary, middle, and high school students in Metro Atlanta. Last year, it added a girl's league with nearly 200 participants. When you grow up in Charlottesville, VA, chances are good lacrosse will be part of your life. Since then, Coach Hare has played for a myriad of mens club teams here including Atlanta Lacrosse Club, Elephant Lacrosse, Southern Empire and others, with travel to many mens Eastern tournaments as well. ", Georgia-bred, Coach James did not have the luxury of playing lacrosse like his northern coachingbrethren, but got a nice indoctrination to the sport while attending W&L in Virginia. . Coach Roby continues the legacy with his son, who started with the sport early, just like dad, only across the country as a Walking Helmet here in Atlanta. Day Job: In-house counsel for a manufacturing company, I started coaching with the Surge because my son asked me to and lacrosse runs in my family. If you are a high school without a competitive middle school lacrosse league, the GMSAA can offer you the highest level of competition in the country. At Byram Hills High School, he earned 2x All-League, Team MVP and served as his teams captain. Sixth-graders are still eligible to participate on the middle school lacrosse team as well. At Byram Hills High School, he earned 2x All-League, Team MVP and served as his teams captain. Final Schedules for the Spring League will be published Monday. No wonder. 1. He continued his game at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, NY. Beyond donating his time on the weekends, his company has been been a seasonal sponsor of the league as well. At Auburn University, his midfield mastery grew to include 4x All-Conference, 2x Offensive MVP, Player of the Year, Conference MVP Offense while again serving as his teams captain. Schedule: March 5th Week 1 March 12th Week 2. He joined the Surge community in the fall of 2018, with a son as a member of the Walking Helmets. Surge Lacrosse is what its all about. Coaching here gives me the opportunity to share the game with new players and make sure the most important lesson is being taughtto have fun! Thats okay. We provide girls and boys with a fun introduction to the sport where they can learn proper fundamentals and create a strong lacrosse community in Nashville. At Gonzaga High School he played basketball and tennis. A strong focus on attention to details and management ensures families stay up-to-date each week, and keeps our league running smoothly. Eschewing his previous involvement in soccer and track, he joined Montgomery Bell Academys first rag-tag lax team that MBA would field for its junior school. He played there from 6th grade through high school, where the team won three state championships while this middie earned 2nd Team All-State; 1st Team All-State; and scored an All-American title his senior year. When I was introduced to lacrosse, and more importantly, to Surge, I immediately fell in love with everything the league is about. (Note: No limitation is placed on activities defined below as AIR, BAGS or CONTROL contact. Scores & Schedules - Pace Academy is a co-educational, college-preparatory day school serving 1,115 students in grades Pre-First through 12 in Atlanta, Ga. While we strive to compete successfully, my first priority for the boys is that they have a great time enough to fuel their desire to participate in team sports for years to come., Lacrosse has been a part of Coach Krohns life for nearly 40 years. Five years ago, his son picked up the sport and they have both been hooked ever since. Come bring the energy & cheer them on . . Raised less than two miles from Baltimore lacrosse bastions Johns Hopkins and Loyola, Coach Armentrout naturally gravitated to the sport early on. Lax love lured him back to the fields in the winter of 2018, and the Surge is better for it. Learn more in FAQ and About Us. At Gonzaga High School he played basketball and tennis. This league is specifically designed to give players more game time and help them hone their skills on the field. 3. Tuscaloosa-bred Coach Mason playedmiddie at Rhodes College all four years. As a middie for Palmer Trinity during high school, he helped advance the team to become Floridas 1992 State Champions. Well keep this short, if not relatable, for many Surge parents: Growing up in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Coach Thomas played every other sport except lacrosse becauselike dreary, cold weatherthere was none. will host both Men's & Women's Lacrosse leagues. At Northwestern University, he played with the mens club team which was good enough to make the Big Ten Championship tournament his senior year. TEAMS WILL PLAY TWICE ON EACH OF THE FOLLOWING SUNDAYS: MARCH 12TH, MARCH 19TH, MARCH 26TH, APRIL 16TH, APRIL 23RD, AND FINISH THE SEASON WITH A TOURNAMENT ON APRIL 30TH. Such practice plans shall be made available to the GMSAA Area Manager by Sunday, July 24, 2022. My hope is that I can impart a love and appreciation for this great game while helping Surge players get better and grow in sportsmanship., Pennsylvania was the state of play for Coach Mosss initial foray into lacrosse. Later at Hampden-Sydney College, he headed things up as team captain, and later played club ball on the New York Athletic Club B team. From a historical perspective, Coach Thomas has been playing lacrosse since the day Fleetwood Mac released Rumours in 1977 giving new meaning to the words, "Dont Stop." His switch over to contact sports also translated to the gridiron, where Wall was a 3x state champion and 2x All State middle linebacker. Having coached youth lacrosse in Atlanta now for over eight years (from 1st grade through 8th), hes a great example ofgetting the sport without necessarily getting the trophy. An experienced coach and committed dad, Coach Fellows came to the Surge with deep local ties and years of volunteer youth coaching spanning t-ball (Peachtree Presbyterian), baseball (NYO), swimming (Chastain Park), and as a counselor at Camp Laney for Boys while attending UGA. Surge is one of the best youth sports league (of any kind) in the nation. I volunteer to show kids that hard work and fun can go hand-in-hand. Mike served as team captain and also received All-American nomination his Junior and Senior years. Thanks for subscribing! Kyle Cox started playing lacrosse in fourth grade and had Montes as a coach throughout middle school and high school. Lacrosse Middle School Boys. Hes been coaching with the Surge since his son started playing in first grade. ", The simple recipe for writing a bio is taking its steak and making it sizzle. If you have that information, please add that as well. A highlight of his early years was being selected as a member of the Hudson Valley team that competed in the Empire State games in 1986. We have proven that being a GMSAA member creates a stronger and more competitive high school program. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y1g6wl7bhH-Su2-Yn3I_HPYdlYm-aHRP-W8gQSC_XbY/edit?usp=sharing. Baseball - Varsity vs South Atlanta HS. Thats okay. Day Job: VP, Marketing Intelligence for PulteGroup, a national homebuilder And that enthusiasm comes through season after season. Lacrosse is a brotherhood that teaches you life lessons and cements lifelong relationships., Coach Edwards is a recent NYL recruit by his long-standing NYL coach bro, Dennis Edwards. Day Job: Director of Finance, Cherry Street Energy, I signed up for Surge because I love coaching this sport. Fifth/Sixth Boys LAX Sign-up Later at Army and West Point, Hayes was a four-year Varsity starter. At NXT, we know that when it comes to Tournaments, the experience is in the details. 13. . Beyond donating his time on the weekends, his company has been been a seasonal sponsor of the league as well. 2nd-3rd Grades $169. I love watching young players gain confidence as they learn new skills and then execute on them. Planning. There, he won three conference championships, served as team captain his senior year, clinched all MSA B conference honors as an attackman and wasselected for the annual North/South All-Star game played at historic Homewood Field. Growing up on Long Island, NY, it was only natural for Coach Houlihan to wind up on a lacrosse field in the third grade. Over time, lacrosse has gradually become myfavorite sport. I love this sport because its like nothing I have ever seen or experienced as an athlete myself. Day Job: Managing Partner, OMAC Beverage Advisors Love of sports could also explain why, as a side gig, hes succeeded in representing a growing faction of NFL players as their agent. ", Back in the day, most 5th grade boys in California shared a similar deficiency with those in the south: little to no lacrosse. These days in Atlanta, Rob plays with Southern Empire and has community coached youth lacrosse, on and off, since 2002. Youth Rules. and Domestic, Non-Profit Organization When it comes to sports, Coach Scotchie is our Renaissance man. 1. I also appreciate contributing to such a well-run league thats managed by player-coaches who enjoy teaching as much as I do. Keeping on in the Empire state, Byrne attended Geneseo College, played club, and eventually became the leading scorer in the SUNYAC league. However, he is the 1985 Area Swim League Champ; a 1995 All-City Linebacker and won the 1999 Big Sky Basketball Championship at Vandy so back off. From teaching skills to the time, effort and thought that goes into creating balanced teams, this league should serve as the model for all youth lacrosse programs. An upbringing in Chattanooga says it all. He served as team captain and helped the Tigers snag two conference championships, along with competing in the NCAA tournament three times. We appreciate that. Competitive games each weekend, and the opportunity to participate in a Fall Tournament. Later at Hampden-Sydney College, he headed things up as team captain, and later played club ball on the New York Athletic Club B team. Since 2010, hes become a Surge staple, rarely taking a season off to coach. The Surge leadership has done an excellent job of putting this league together, and I want to support and foster that in any way I can. Beyond his love of the sport, he also lives it. Our teams are consistently ranked at the top of the state both middle school and high school. Schedule: March 5th - Week 1 March 12th - Week 2 Read More New Website Online Currently, Coach Scotchie brings 18 seasons of youth sports coaching (including lacrosse) to the Surge, and for that (along with his storied background) we are grateful. With lacrosse still at his core, he played on the GT club team during the offseason. Coach Coleman is an assistant with the Surge, but no less the athlete. Summer breaks meant playing with Richmonds Mens League while also coaching youth lacrosse at local camps. Day Job: Principal/Attorney at Kopelman Sitton, LLC Dabney has lived in Atlanta since 1991 and is US Lacrosse Level 1 certified. I coach to help instill a love of the game with the players, and an understanding that winning is great, but its really all about having fun and getting better. Day Job: National Director of Sales for CMI Limited, a building products company As a middie, he lettered all four years with MBAs high school team, which won three state Runner-Up titles. Coach Newberry, it should be noted, is also a multi-seasonal sponsor of the Surge and we appreciate that he puts his money where his mouth(guard) is. Thursday, 4/20/2023. Marist School. First three weeks of fall practice, each member school may participate in an intra-squad practice with any GMSAA member program. 6. Today, he still plays with mens league LAX.2002. But not Coach Roby. Versus St. Pius Win 10-9. I admire how the Surge focuses on developing a love of the sport within every player, and I am excited to coach with such a dedicated group., An attackman from the Rochester area of upstate New York, Coach Byrne started playing in grade school and later attended Irondequoit High, where his team won their Section all four years. Since 2008, Northside Youth Lacrosse has served as the fastest growing youth lacrosse rec league in all of Atlanta, if not Georgia. Later at Army and West Point, Hayes was a four-year Varsity starter. He started the GA chapter of C2C Lacrosse in 2010 so advanced players could take their game to the next level with elite travel competition and college recruitment. "My JV lacrosse coach, Coach Ilse, was the most inspirational coach Ive ever played for. Later, Coach McGurn became a 2003 inductee into the NJ Lacrosse Hall of Fame, followed by a 2008 induction to the Ohio Wesleyan Athletic Hall of Fame. Follow @GeorgiaSwarmLAX. The romance continued with Collins as team captain his junior and senior years, along with being awarded team and state MVP. While stepping away from lacrosse at Washington & Lee University, hes still marketing his collegiate eligibility in the annual Surge coaches game where injuries continue to plague him. 6th through 8th grade @GMSAA @NwGaFootball @PCPatriotsFB @PCHSFB_RECRUIT #FTB #Let, RT @nextlevelbb: Parents..if you have a problem with your kids HS coach, check these boxes before complaining. Mini-Lessons, Video. Lucky for us, he hasnt looked back since. Today, he still plays with mens league LAX.2002. The Surge is thoughtfully managed by a volunteer team of over 25 experienced coaches, league commissioners, a dedicated board of directors and team moms and dads as needed. Look for the official website launch shortly, along with tryout dates in August for the fall, 2022 and summer, 2023 season. ", St. Andrews School in Boca Raton remains the site where Coach Collins discovered a sports true love: LAX. And his wife played (and helped to win two DI NCAA championships) for Princetons womens lacrosse team when they both attended the university in the early 2000s. At New Jerseys Mendham High School, he was recognized as a 1993 All American. It keeps the kids fit and focused and has the best parts of what I like about other sports.". I wanted to give back to the sport by being part of my nephews (and their teammates) growth and development. With our coaches, its amazing to see these children develop as athletes in just a few seasons., Raised in Atlanta, Coach Ryan can today boast keen insight into significant sports trends: Back in the day, he played with one of the first youth lacrosse teams to assemble in Georgia. As a result, we hope to elevate the level of play in the . Day Job: Partner, Capital Investment Advisors and host of Money Matters on WSB radio He retired as a stockbroker in 2018 At the University of Maryland, while he did not play, Chris supported many friends who played at the college level.
The Annual Flooding Of The Nile River Quizlet, Uncle Clifford Rule Book, Articles A