If you can save time by selling to thredUP instead, its worth it. You really wont be sacrificing quality or current trends in your wardrobe. According to the website, thredUP will process your kit up to five weeks after its received. Ive purchased many items from thredUP and every one of them is in great condition and perfectly stylish. How to get the perfect fit when buying clothes online Handbags. They don't get back to you. Im too spoiled finding good deals at Goodwill to consider it! . These were brand new items from mid-range brands (think Madewell, BDG, etc.) Your email address will not be published. 2023 Trustpilot A/S. I had a customer service chat and ironically the very same day they opened my bag. I also sent in a coach bag that 'didn't sell' and I couldn't reclaim it as it was 'in a cart' but the link from my clean out kit still takes me to the purse, still listed at $91. If the title of the post hasnt already clued you in to where we are heading, its online resale, and specifically thredUP. This 14-day delay is due to the nature of thredUPs business. In exchange for all their efforts to collect, search and inspect, you will find slightly higher prices than the more traditional brick-and-mortar secondhand shops. Any company that has no place for customer reviews or a very visible way for customers to contact thembig red flag.As I feared, the clothes I received smelled strongly of febreze. Ready to ditch overwhelm & create the healthier home you desire? they are going to end up in court if they do not get any traction regarding the treatment of the consigning public. ThredUPmakes it so that you can afford brands and designers you might not normally be able to, and even though they arean online consignment shop, many of the items they sell are new with tags! I am thredUp with paying full price: A review of thredUp Whats The Deal With Clothing Care Symbols? Everyone who has nice stuff they'd want back should opt for this method always. Not worth it unless you have stuff priced over $40 and can get 40%. You might find that its just what you were looking for. Friends have had similarly bad experiences, but I didn't know that until after I sent my box to them. When I became a mom, I fell in love with consignment shopping. That was hugely deceptive, and I will not be shopping from them again. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. During the pandemic, I assessed my closet and noticed a need for a black denim jacket. This is about a company exercising quality, decent business practiceswhich ThredUp does not do. When I went to initiate a return, they said that I could only get free return shipping if I agreed to a site credit. 6 Best Sites and How to Sell Clothes Online - NerdWallet I used thredUPs Payout Estimator, which tells you how much you would earn if you sold a designer item. Also, their "purchase" practice is an awful scam. Im determined to find my perfect one! I really hate the environmental impact of making returns by mail but I try to view it as my piece will get a second chance with the right owner and that thredUP is one of the good guys in all of this. Nice presentation which makes you feel like you bought it at a Department Store in the good old days when they packaged your purchases at the store and made you feel like a Queen! Join the 2,702 people who've already contributed. I wound up earning a lame credit. Most are blush or coral. However, to get my original payment refunded, they will charge $12 for me to ship back the item that they misrepresented. But Ill keep looking elsewhere for one because now I know I would really love one in my wardrobe! I trust youll find otherwise, especially at thredUP. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. The package was reportedly delivered a day earlier than expected but apparently went missing as I never received it (but I wasn't there the day it came, either). We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe. I don't even send in that high end of items and I will usually get $16 and up per bag. Items that were almost new to unused did not sell & expired which means it becomes their property .If you're traveling abroad, the Thred Up site may not be accessible (a tech issue.I could not access it.Their default is not to return your unsold items to you but for items to expire where your items become their property and notice to re-claim can Nothing is for everyone after all. Goodwill aint perfect but lets face it, most of the items on this site are going to end up donated anyway. , Its August 5-6 this year! Then they sold expensive closes giving me $2 in earnings for items that were $200 pieces. Ive always wanted to try ThredUp but I wasnt really sure how to use it or if I would like what I got. I sent a large box of clothing in time to sell for fall. Uh Oh! What percent of the selling price do sellers get? In short, you have to paythredUPto process your clothing and pay you. I dont think its unreasonable to say that a fist-sized oil stain that does not come out in the wash should have been listed as a major flaw. Have you ever tried thredUP? Prom season is here, and you deserve to look and feel amazing for your big party! I challenge you to give it a online secondhand shopping a chance. The waist was too big (thredUP doesn't post waist measurements on skirts so it's a gamble!) Represented as EXCELLENT with no visible signs of wear, the skirt actually had lost its elasticity in the waist, a portion of the elastic having pulled out and was rather brittle, an indication it'd been dry cleaned repeatedly. your owners must be crazy. Moreover, its just plain gross. It doesnt necessarily matter if your items still have tags on them or are in really good condition if it is a lower end item such as Old Navy or Target, you probably wont get much for them. thredUP Reviews - 5,903 Reviews of Thredup.com | Sitejabber What are your thoughts about online shopping? Of the other two excellent items that are described as no obvious signs of being worn or washed, one had what looked like a spaghetti sauce stain the size of a quarter, and the other had six different oil stains in two different locations. I learned that I can find like-new items for a fraction of the cost of retail prices, but womens consignment shops are a lot harder to come by than childrens. I cannot even tell you how obsessed I am with this gray cardigan! The transfer is pretty much instant and only takes a few minutes. This post was really helpful, Ill have to take another look at ThredUp. Friends have raved to me about thredUP for years, but I recently had the opportunity to try them for the first time. How and when do i get paid for clothes i mailed in? So you need to be OK with the fact that you wont get a large payout unless you have a very high-end designer item. (I have a long torso so its a struggle. Onlookers willnever know it lived a previous life or that its anything other than hot off the press. Deleted app, no more thred up for me! CONS IN SELLING WITH THRED UP ESPECIALLY FOR FIRST TIME USERS: Support phone no isn't visible on the site;Unable to reach live agent to date. There is always the return option where you can get your entire bag back for $12.99 as well. Apparently they charge to take your clothes for consignment, charge for returns, eg, they are making a lot of green pretending to be green. It is impossible to reach these people by phone With everything on one screen, I removed a few selections from this list and got only what I thought would be really useful and truly meet my needs. That is SO great that they ship to AK! It arrived about a week and a half later. she told me that since it was a final sale they wouldn't want to sell it to anyone else and it was appropriate to refund me 100% for the item. I used their label! Local thrift is best. In the event that something doesnt fit, thredUPoffers a super easyreturnsystem. I tried the Thredup chat for assistance and after waiting 15 minutes, they said ironically they JUST opened the bag. Our team strives to list items as accurately as possible & our Polka Dot Promise has you covered when things don't go to plan! LOL I did try SF once and still want to write a post. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Learn how your comment data is processed. The description failed to mention huge orange stains along the hemline. After the 14-day window has passed, you can cash out the money into your PayPal account or through a thredUP Visa Prepaid Card. Thankful that I only lost a minimal amount of $!!! The best way to take advantage of thredUP is if you have a lot of high-end or top-selling brands. Updated: November 5, 2020 Erin 9 Comments This post may contain affiliate links. Oakland USA. Horrible! It's truly rare indeed!So, twice impressed with customer service and frequently impressed with the accuracy of descriptions, measurements and quality of the items I've purchased from ThredUp. ThredUP estimates the original prices, and all-in-all, I ended up saving 73% off retail! Likewise I can search for my favorite designers and receive alerts for anything they receive of theirs. thredUP Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of thredup.com - Trustpilot Even if you fill up the entire bag, thredUP will only accept 40 percent of your items. Not only do you get the general benefits of online shopping (without kids and after theyre in bed or while theyre at school), but its more time-efficient, saves money, keeps garment waste out of landfills, reduces unethical production of cheap clothing already being supplied in droves, and decreases the harmful environmental impact of raw material creation that many clothes generate. The descriptions are frequently inaccurate, with measurements off by 3-5 inches. $ 19.99 $12.99 35 % off with code WELCOME. Their policies are vague and it feels like a scam. After they receive your bag it takes about one to three weeks for your Clean Out Bag to be sorted and listed online. save money and get cash back from online shopping, Thrifting 101: How To Thrift a Wardrobe From Scratch. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. Read Customer Service Reviews of thredup.com | 6 of 131 - Trustpilot She worked previously as head of content and chief editor for FinTech companies in New York City and San Francisco. When I tried a return, they offered pennies on the dollar. They accept 35,000 brandsand just like consignments shops and customers who shop on eBay and Poshmark, designer goods are usually worth more. If you choose this option, it means you care about the items you sent in. If you want your clothes processed faster, you need to pay a $10.99 fee. Then charging $10 to return clothing they don't like, so I end up making ZERO dollars. Proof That Ethical Denim Isnt Out of Reach, My Single Best Secret For Scoring Secondhand Gems, 15 Easy Steps Toward Zero Waste You Can Take Today, No Broken Hearts Over High-Quality Secondhand Style for Moms. They do not even take the time to fold things nicely even though you pay for this service. If you arent sure whether an item is in good condition or not, its probably safe to throw it in the donate pile. Every time I've purchased something from ThredUP the item description has been miles apart from what I received. What is with this company. I sent a full box, and the ones listed are definitely not the best of the lot. Because I had selected to donate if they didn't sell, I have no control over where the items end up. There is also an organization called Just Between Friends that hosts kids consignment sales a few times a year and has franchises around the country. Major disappointment. You have to pay for your own return shipping if you want the money back to your card. They charge $3 restock fee for every item. Many of the complaints seem to stem from the fact that an item they sold was sold on the site for 10 times the amount. It was a process that took about a month. so I had the idea of busting out some Rit dye and customizing the color. ThredUp offers a TON of search filters. Shopping online for secondhand clothes is perfect for so many people, and particularly moms. It's possible they have a database of size charts imported from brands' websites but idk I always check the brand website to have the best idea of what to expect. I was logged out of the app in March and was finally let back in by customer service in April. I may be tall-ish (5'7) so I can "pull off" midi skirts but I just don't feel like they express my style at all. This is a scam backass company. I will have to throw in trash, can't decide if it's blood or marker. $ 28.99 $18.84 35 % off with code WELCOME. Usually wrong. It was obvious the items returned had been ran over with black crap all over. I have never felt the need to keep inventory because everything would show - listed or not. Using links to these sites means I may earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. $80 77% off estimated retail. Although I liked the flow and pattern of the shirt, I passed because the measurements indicated it wouldnt be the perfect fit for me. I went onthredUP and ordered the Clean Out Bag. I know Vera Bradley is expensive, which is why I thought it was maybe a reasonable price. Last year, I wrote a whole post about my best tricks for scoring on thredUP, and I still stand by all of those, but my number one best trick is this: Find a brand you really like and just look at what thredUP has from them. But it gives them an "out" now and you can't claim the measurements were wrong. This sizing chart gives you an idea of what chest measurements fall in what sizing brackets. Sitejabbers sole mission is to increase online transparency for buyers and businesses, Sitejabber has helped over 200M buyers make better purchasing decisions online, Suspicious reviews are flagged by our algorithms, moderators, and community members. thredUP will rock your closet as well as your bank account and your social conscience, if youre into that sort of thing. Over the last couple months, I've purchased several shirts, a pair of pants, a belt, two dresses, and a coat from ThredUp. They will send you a postage-paid bag, and you simply stuff the bag with your gently-used clothing and place it in the mailbox. ThredUp takes advantage on both sides: when people seek to "sell" clothes to the company and when consumers "purchase" from them. I partly did it because I was tired of looking at my always-full closet and partly because I wanted to ensure I could fit everything into my new, smaller apartment. Id love to be able to come again. Sign up for thredUP and use my discount code for 30% off. We're happy to hear that the items arrived fast and in good condition, Stephanie! Overall, I got an average of 50 cents per item. The fee will be deducted from your earnings. Tip for consumers:Don't expect any customer servuce. I added this one to a thredUP bundle one evening and the next day found a stellar white cardigan at a Goodwill. I can explain. The same goes for expensive, name brand clothes. Promo Codes that promise to apply to everything never do, not the ones they've sent me anyway. More posts you may like r/stitchfix Join 2 yr. ago Sizing question 10 6 r/beyondthebump Thats a bold faced lie. I love skirts that hit right above my knee. You will lose (have stolen) valuable items without explanation. Their shipping is high and when I finally did receive an email, they were willing to refund just the cost of the dress and not the shipping (which was more than the dress). I was so pleasantly surprised. How to Measure Your Foot to Find the Right Shoe Size - Nike It's important to collect as much data as possible to ensure a comprehensive measure of accuracy. Mostly, I donated and sold furniture, kitchenware, and clothing. Size medium clothes generally fit me, but according to the measurements available (bust in particular), they would be INCHES too small. The descriptions of the clothes are inadequate. Also, not loving the shape. I measured the other shirt I had and noted it was 23 long. Companies can ask for reviews via automatic invitations. I wrote a review about Poshmarkthat explains how to use it and what to expect. Not only did ordering clothing through thredUPprove me wrong on all of these points, but it exceeded my wildest expectations in so many areas. Just remember that for every fabulous piece styled by a thrifter on TikTok, theres probably a pile of returns sitting behind them. Referral credits add up fast and earn youfreeclothing! What did you think of this haul? While shopping secondhand has many environmental and social benefits, saving money is an obvious bonus. I ordered 2 Namebrand Handbag rescue boxes, after watching several Instagram unboxings. IG @thredup. The site allows you to sell your gently used, name brand clothing by mail. It was ignored. I ordered 7 items in my first thredUPbox (all pictured in this post)3 shirts, 3 pairs of pants, and one pair of neutral flats. According to the website, thredUP will process your kit up to five weeks after it's received. My designer items got either lost or more likely stolen. They take the following into consideration: This is pretty much on par with how Buffalo Exchange and Crossroads Trading examines clothing they purchase. Is Becoming around the same time this year? Use their upfront calculator to see what items they take. I've had several pairs of pants with the wrong length listed, skirts listed in European measurements that were several sizes off, sweaters that should be loose fitting according to chest measurement be skin tight, etc. Lets chat in the comments! I have already verified my credit card also my facebook and my phone number i even got a twitter account and it still sayin i don't have level 1 verification but when i go to my profile it says im level 3 anybody have any ideas?
Is Curtis Stone Cookware Made In China, Miami Dade County Inmate Search, Articles A