Dec 27, 2017 by Alcatel Went to the sprint store and got a new sim and that fixed it. Why Does my Hotspot Say Connected but No Internet? Switch the Hotspot Band It's a good value for the price, but it has a lot of limits. Step 6. My device functions properly, I'm paying for a service I can not use. Make sure airplane mode isn't enabled on your mobile device. Alternately, we can also use Windows Update to update all our drivers at once. for all windows & 100% safe. Android. The hotspot has USB-C and USB-A ports. Which one is a better deal depends on who's running a promotion. Are you getting everything you need from your mobile network? 2023 CSC Holdings, LLC. Here are five easy methods to fix your Alcatel Linkzone 2 Wi-Fi router with no internet connectivity issue. Additionally, make sure that you have entered the correct network information and that the network configuration is correct. Since they're just lights and not an actual display, they're less useful than they look: the signal light doesn't tell you how strong the signal is, for instance. growageless, Yes but its not the date and time . Step 2. Oddly, you have to set it to 2.4GHz 802.11n or 5GHz 802.11acyou can't have both. Also, is the case that was previously opened for this issue still being worked on and investigated by our technical support team as of right now. Still need help? Reset Your Connection and Your Hotspot 5. My Alcatel clearly shows a connected status between devices and the onboard hotspot. In four outdoor tests, the Linkzone got an average of 32.86Mbps down to the phone's 18.85Mbps. It measures 2.6 by 4.1 by 0.8 inches (HWD) and weighs 5.2 ounces. Update your devices software to the latest version via Settings System System Update Check for updates. Check That You Have Mobile Data 3. Step 1.Reboot your phone into recovery mode. Imagine your mobile carrier only offered low-end smartphones. @estergarza, I had this similar problem on my Phone and Tablet and it's actually quite simple to fix. Ask a question! Step 2.Tap Airplane modeand wait for the mode to be activated. You can check the method below to try to fix the hotspot connected but no internet issue. While watching Roku, it suddenly stopped saying I was not connected to the internet. While this is very basic, you must make sure that your host device is properly connected to the Internet. Devices are connected via WiFi but no internet connection. Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >, Fix Hotspot Connected But No Internet on Android, Joy Taylor | Last Updated Apr. Not having internet access is tough, especially in an increasingly connected world. To troubleshoot the issue, try rebooting the router or modem, checking the device connections, updating the driver type, disabling other possible interfering devices, checking the firewall settings, resetting the network settings, using an alternative connection, or performing a system reset. 0 seconds of 1 minute, 13 secondsVolume 0%. Options include blocking devices by MAC, IP filtering, port forwarding, UPNP, and manual DNS. You can now try to connect to your mobile hotspot and see if you can access the Internet. There's a power button and a WPS connection button on the back. Step 3.Wait a minute and then turn the Airplane modeoption back off. You can leave them plugged in and running when you take your phone with you somewhere. If you have used all your data, you are done. connected but no internet connection (This one doesn't.). Both T-Mobile and AT&T have wider LTE coverage than Sprint/Boost does. Its possible that there could be several different reasons why your phone is not connecting to your Wi-Fi anymore. WiFi is the easiest way to do this: look for your hotspots name in the network list, enter your password and connect. Launch your internet browser and enter your routers IP Address in the address bar (this is usually 192.168.1.1). You can turn this mode on your guest device and then quickly switch it back off. raquellujan191, Ester Garza If you've already reset the device, you will want to reach out to care and ask them to "cancel the location" on your Linkzone line. We tested the Linkzone indoors and outdoors at ten different locations around New York City, comparing it with a Moto Z phone with a more recent Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset. Rule Out Airplane Mode 4. You can check the name of the shared network, ie. Old chipset gets lower speeds indoors than new smartphones. Your vote will help the community find the best deals. The airplane mode on your phone disconnects you from all of the networks that you are connected to. If your devices are still connected to the mobile hotspot but you're experiencing an issue with your internet speeds, please keep in mind that your monthly plan is set to slow data speeds to a maximum of 128Kbps for the rest of the term once you've used 1GB of mobile data. If you cant see it, click the Add button and add it. Type the following command and press enter to flush the DNS. If you mean youre connected to the router, but internet isnt working have you reset the router and cable modem? Have a question about Optimum Internet service? All rights reserved. Pick your phone's hotspot name. You gave rep to aepro | Staff for this post. Luckily, there are several methods to fix this problem as it is quite common on Android devices. Alcatel But many T-Mobile plans include some hotspot use, and since the Linkzone uses an older modem chipset, you'll get better indoor performance on a recent flagship smartphone than you will with this hotspot. Under the back cover, there's a little label with the default password, the battery, and SIM and microSD card slots. Troubleshooting Your Mobile Hotspot Connection Restart your hotspot and computer. Put Your Phone Closer to the Mobile Hotspot 8. First, the good news. This sometimes helps fix many issues related to hotspots and it is worth giving a try. 1996-2023 Ziff Davis, LLC., a Ziff Davis company. The LinkZone showed uplink speeds from 20 to 30Mbps, while the OnePlus showed uplink speeds more on the 30Mbps side of that range. Essentially, they allow your smartphone to work as a router. I get connected but it turns off on me when using, Apr 4, 2019 by So, if your mobile hotspot is connected, but you have no Internet, that means it's got something to do with your network operator: you may have very poor network coverage (just one bar of signal, for example). Another possibility is that the router or modem that is associated with the Wi-Fi network could be malfunctioning or needs to be reset. T-Mobile's network has improved by leaps and bounds with time. Some app functions might make your life convenient. (You need to enter the passcode if you enabled it. Anybody have a solution? Janet Robertson, don't know why but that didn't work on my phone, Nov 29, 2018 by It's just frustrating that this is essentially T-Mobile's only choice. You can also tap the +(plus) icon to add a new APN. Find the Alcatel LinkZone 2 network and tap on it to connect to the network. Learn how to troubleshoot problems with your mobile phone, tablet, or Internet device. It is also possible that the router or modem may be having a problem. Youll want to set a password, especially if youre in a public place. Step 2.Tap the option that says AP Bandand change the band to 2.4 GHz Band. You may need to enter the network name (SSID) or password you setup in the modems settings. Are you still able to successfully use the mobile data on your cell phone? T-Mobile has two hotspot options. You may unsubscribe from the newsletters at any time. This newsletter may contain advertising, deals, or affiliate links. Graphics. Link App is the official app for managing ALCATEL ONETOUCH portable wireless routers, with which you can extend your Sim Card based single WIFI entry to a fairly stable WIFI hot-spot. This newsletter may contain advertising, deals, or affiliate links. Going to 30 feet through a wall lowered uplink speeds to around 12Mbps. All of the downloads are safe from the vendor's official website. Order online, get free installation. https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/alcatel-linkzone-2, How to Free Up Space on Your iPhone or iPad, How to Save Money on Your Cell Phone Bill, How to Convert YouTube Videos to MP3 Files, How to Record the Screen on Your Windows PC or Mac, Read Our Alcatel Linkzone (T-Mobile) Review, Read Our Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AT&T) Review, Read Our Verizon Jetpack MiFi 8800L Review, Avoid the Scammers: 13 Tips for Public Wi-Fi Hotspot Security, How to Rent an eSIM for Your Next International Trip. When you have Wi-Fi but no internet connection, the problem usually lies in your devices rather than your internet service provider. I've actually been here for every "G." I've reviewed well over a thousand products during 18 years working full-time at PCMag.com, including every generation of the iPhone and the Samsung Galaxy S. I also write a weekly newsletter, Fully Mobilized, where I obsess about phones and networks. Try a Different Frequency Band. This on purpose by AT&T blocking tethering or a glitch some where? You cant give it a separate name. The display of third-party trademarks and trade names on this site does not necessarily indicate any affiliation or the endorsement of PCMag. $10 for 1 gig or $20 for 3 gigs. A good example isOptimums WiFi hotspots, which can only be used by Optimum subscribers. Battery life on the 4,400mAh cell, on the other hand, was terrific, at 16 hours, 55 minutes of streaming. Sign up for Fully Mobilized newsletter to get our top mobile tech stories delivered right to your inbox. The issue with WiFi hotspots is that you have to be near one. Connected But No Internet Step 2.You will see your current APN. If you agree, why not thank TurboSri. Mobile hotspot has no internet access I have an Alcatel 5059 with a $35 prepaid plan. The best-case scenario is using your hotspot in an area with 5G coverage: itll be really, really fast. It has nothing to do with Internet Provider service.. Go into settings and change the Date/Time to 24 hour format.. and Violaaaaaa!!! All models of Samsung phones and tablets supported. Step 1.Pull down the notification bar from the top of your phones screen. Use Quick Assist to help users - Windows Client Management I have successfully connected a Windows 10 laptop and an Android tablet thru my phone for at least 12 months. The most common issue is usually related to the Wi-Fi network name or password being incorrect. Our expert industry analysis and practical solutions help you make better buying decisions and get more from technology. It doesn't show off T-Mobile's rapidly expanding network particularly well, nor does it work better than using a premium smartphone as a hotspot. We hope the guide helps you sort this issue out so you can enjoy the Internet on all your devices. Hotspot Subscribing to a newsletter indicates your consent to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. PCMag.com is a leading authority on technology, delivering lab-based, independent reviews of the latest products and services. There's a single light to show that Wi-Fi is on; three lights showing signal strength; three for battery capacity; and one to show if there are any SMS messages. Swipe down from the top of the screen. If the indicator light is not lit up, then your Wi-Fi may be turned off, in which case you should make sure that the power switch is set to on. When prompted, enter the username and password associated with the router. To do this, turn off the LinkZone, press and hold its power button for 10-15 seconds and then turn it back on. In your original post, you stated that your devices can connect to the mobile hotspot but have no internet access. Step 2.Select theDate & timeon the following screen. Keep an eye on your inbox! No Internet Improve Your Mobile Signal Strength 6. Repair guides for Android cell phones manufactured by ALCATEL. If not, what happens exactly when you try to use the internet connection on your other devices? Alcatel Cannot account for at&ts replies. Once DroidKit detected your device, click the Start button to continue. Here, we describe some of the possible ways to fix it when the mobile hotspot is not working on your device. This is much like entering a password to access a network, but its a code that changes frequently. You should now be able to access the internet from your Alcatel Hotspot. Android phones are very popular, but at the same time, there are many problems with Android phones, such as the home button not working on Android,Samsung phones not charging,andWiFi connected but no internet access Androidissues. Touch and hold Hotspot . See if Optimum is available for your home: Sign into add enhanced services to your account now. First, reset network settings on iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You must have JavaScript enabled to use this form. Windows. Giving Reputation Points is a great way to show your appreciation for their work. While the "Uncarrier" offers terrific service plans for phones, it has neglected mobile hotspots and modems. While watching Roku, it suddenly stopped saying I was not connected to the internet. Open the Windows Network Connections Panel, then go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center. Mine started working.. Got this solution from Youtube.. Hope it helps.. :). Router options are basic. Consider Distance and Interference; Change Channel. The Unite has similar RF performance to the Linkzone, but a big color screen that shows data usage and settings. MSRP $90.00. You can do MAC filtering, blacklisting, IP filtering, port forwarding, and DMZ, but nothing more arcane like time or usage-based parental controls. Once finished,it will automatically start repairing your Android system.After completing the repair process, you will get the system fixed successfully page below. It probably picks the single band with 20MHz and sticks to it. T-Mobile's only hotspot right now, the Alcatel Linkzone ($92 including a mandatory $20 SIM card), is a perfectly adequate, inexpensive modem for basic use. Most phones default the hotspot function to off, so youll have some setting up to do if youve never used it before. I opened my Alcatel, removed the battery and then put the battery back in, closed the back and the TV worked, well, ok, only for about 10 minutes. They support more devices at once than your phone does. There is no option for a guest network, and no built-in speed testing or parental controls. The best hotspots also have external antenna ports, to improve signal in rural areas. The following is how you do that on your guests phone. If you have an iPhone, your hotspot is named after your phone. If you encounter any issues, go back to the router page and verify that the wifi has been enabled correctly. Then, hit Apply. You may also be able to move the router or extend the range by connecting it to an amplifier or repeater. I got four of these when they were a buck each last year. It is also possible that you have subscribed to a plan with insufficient high-speed data for your usage. Here is how you do that on the host phone. Sometimes, DNS cache conflict can lead to Wi-Fi connected but no internet access error. The Alcatel Linkzone is best compared with the $59.99 H2O Bolt Unite 4G LTE, a prepaid version of the AT&T Unite, and Boost Mobile's R850 . If the problem still persists, then you may have to contact your service provider and have them look into the issue and provide troubleshooting tips. We hate to hear that you're not able to use your mobile hotspot of 1 gig. This tutorial is about How to fix Mobile Hotspot Connected But No Internet Issue on Android. The Alcatel Linkzone is the only hotspot available for T-Mobile. What is a hotspot? Beggars can't be choosers, and T-Mobile hotspot users have been beggars for years now. Overall, pressing the WPS button on your router allows you to quickly and securely set up a connection between your device and the router. For instance, here at my home in New York City, 5G Samsung and OnePlus phones connect to 10MHz of band 2; 20MHz of band 66; and 10MHz of 5G band n71. The 820 supports higher maximum speeds than the MDM9225, but more importantly, it supports TruSignal antenna tuning, which improves reception in weak signal areas. You can flush DNS to ensure it isnt causing any trouble. Click Connect. Ensure it is the correct one. PCMag supports Group Black and its mission to increase greater diversity in media voices and media ownerships. How to Free Up Space on Your iPhone or iPad, How to Save Money on Your Cell Phone Bill, How to Convert YouTube Videos to MP3 Files, How to Record the Screen on Your Windows PC or Mac, Read Our AT&T Unite Explore (Netgear AC815S) Review, Read Our Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L Review, Avoid the Scammers: 13 Tips for Public Wi-Fi Hotspot Security, How to Rent an eSIM for Your Next International Trip.
Dari Alexander Replaced By Lori Stokes, International Psychiatry Conferences 2023, Articles A