The final cost of a unit is affected by other factors including freight, storage, repairs, quantity, discounts, etc. A forum community dedicated to Cummins 4BT Diesel owners and enthusiasts. For comparison, a fully dressed Cummins 6BT is roughly 975 lbs and displaces 359 cubic inches! A unit injector is a fuel injector where injection pressure is created in the injector body itself via a camshaft driven plunger in the injector. Copyright 2019 Diesel Pro Power, Inc. 760 NW 4th. Detroit Diesel designed the engine for General Motors, and it was the second collaboration between the pair, following the earlier 6.2L Detroit Diesel engine.While most of the 6.5L engines were sold with a turbocharger for improved performance, some naturally aspirated versions were . M551 Sheridan (Light tank) 1. A 6V-53T is not going to be a powerhouse. I think his opinion is going the compound turbo route creates a lot more heat in the combustion chamber. I pulled my 6v53N with 4540 hrs and replaced with Yanmar 6LYA-STE and regained my hearing. So, I probably should have stated 200+HP and 450-475 TQ. Were going to give the dude a lesson in holding his phone in the right direction the next time he shoots video but the reality is that he captured all the sound and all as well. The 53 series two stroke diesel was attractive for several reasons, but there are many fallacies surrounding two stroke diesels in general. Street, Suite 100, Miami, FL 33128 - USA. It may not display this or other websites correctly. This old bus will needs lots of love, but will last a lifetime. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. With bigger injectors you might squeeze out 250 HP but the cooling system would have to be massive if you pumped it up that much. 6V53T Military: . To See Our Page with Parts for the Turbo Engine, Please Click Here, V6-53 Detroit Diesel and Other Alternative Names, Starting a Detroit 6V53 That Had Been in Storage. They were a great engine to drive. Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas? Thank you for your. Jun 4, 2022 #10 It does have air brakes. So the cooling water in is ALWAYS "lake" temperature. Renovating A 2021 Aspen Trail For A Family Of Five. He's running something like 60+ pounds in boost, just not doing it using compound turbos. I hope the motor has a Magnetic Drain Plug. Drive it like you hate it ! If the quoted unit(s) meet your needs and budget, we suggest you move quickly. Buyer responsible for shipping. It lists 12V71T model 7123-7396 rated at 600 HP @ 2500 RPM for a wheeled Tactical HET M 746 . I used to operate a GM electrodyne in a switch yard. I had a 6v53 in a Sisu. You must log in or register to reply here. For more information on our data collection policies and procedures, including opt out information, please see our Privacy Policy. BangShift.com Aluminum Block 6V53TT Detroit Diesel Listening To This Aluminum Block 6V53TT Detroit Diesel Turn 3,275 RPM Is Nearly Religious Oct 11, 2022 Brian Lohnes BangShift XL, XL Videos 8 Many of you out there may not know that there were aluminum block versions of Detroit Diesels produced over the course of time. Did a lot of slow trolling and would idle drift fishing if there was a sea running. This engine was rated for 210hp at 2800 rpm and 468 lb-ft at 1900 rpm up to 10,000 feet. The bus runs and drives with the drivetrain only having 15k on it since rebuild. Anyway, loved that engine. 53s over heat and die, don't let it over heat, keep the oil full and the coolant full because they both govern the operating temperature. It's a 2 stoke and its messy but it run and run, great piece of iron. DETROIT DIESEL. 2 cycle, 6 cylinder engine Bore: 3.875 inches or 98 mm Stroke: 4.5 inches or 98 mm Compression Ratio: 17 to 1 for Standard Engines, or 21 to 1 for N engines Total Displacement: 318 inches or 5.22 liters. That's a very valid point. Its in a 1970 GMC pickup truck with 4 inch side pipes. Run it relatively hard, don't idle it, they need the heat to stay clean. All cross members are intact. That seems pretty sporty to us, especially if the thing lands in a decently light pickup with a stick! 8784 S. Choctaw Dr. Baton Rouge, LA 70815. (224 pages) Engine Detroit Diesel Series 60 EGR Technician Manual. 1000 gallon tank, 6V53T Detroit motor, 4 speed Allison transmission, hose-reel-meter, good condition Price on Request 5000 GALLON FUEL TANK/DOUGHOUSE. Some marine engines counter rotate. Had a nice SS drip pan under it. An AMBAC 100 pump was used with a TO4 turbo. Comes with wet elbow, twin disc gear with a ratio of 1.5 to 1. I seen one guy who did some work on a 4-53 and got around 350hp but the torque was insane over 900 lbs. A 159 CID engine, for example, weighs in at nearly 1,000 lbs. Found a marine Detroit that's rated for 400hp that I want to fit in a truck. 500 on the street is perfect for me. Detroit Diesel 6v-53 Power and torque Power 6v53N 216 hp, 161 kW @ 2800 rpm 6v53T 233 hp, 174 kW @ 2500 rpm Torque 6v53 445 lb.ft, 603 Nm @ 1500 rpm Detroit Diesel 6v-53 Dimensions and weight Dimensions approx 6v53N length 991 mm, 39 in width 1016 mm, 40 in height 940 mm, 37 in 6v53T length 991 mm, 39 in width 940 mm, 37 in height 1041 mm, 41 in Is the 1970 blue bird hard to get parts for, or are they still available? If you need help selecting the right Detroit Diesel part for your needs, please use our quote request form. I have a 471 DD in my boat. In practice, this mechanical system works well, however it can be difficult for an inexperienced mechanic/technician to synchronize the injectors as each bank is controlled by a shared linkage. TAGS SAY THESE ARE SET AT 350 HORSEPOWER . I had a 6v53T that I sold a while back. Now I am looking for something into which stick my rebuilt 8.3 Cummins. If you have something to share let us know. You must log in or register to reply here. Description. This was originally a gas powered bus. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. LAV-Assault Gun (Reconnaissance Vehicle) 1. By Posted split sql output into multiple files In tribute to a mother in twi For a truck I imagine you need standard rotation? We'll give you credit for the submission (of course) and what is cooler than showing all your gang that you have a story on Bang Shift? 8v92 DDEC IV Peterbilt 359 80k load 600HP Matzke Diesel 143K views 1 year ago. I've spoken to him a couple times this week. . While I am a great fan of all the 2 stroke Detroit Diesels I'd have to offer some cautions: The 6V53 is a little screamer - it revs higher than the later 71 and 92 series engines, and because it's a two-stroke it sounds like it's turning twice as fast as a four-stroke. Caterpillar D3412 PCTA . It will outlast all of us if you keep oil in it and clean fuel. Foreva, just look at the weight of that engine. You have no items in your shopping cart. The biggest difference in HP ratings is going to be from injectors. Stay out of California, the CARB and the EPA love to force people to replace their 2strokes, right now, reregistering the vehicle as a RV staves off the eventual, but eventually they will not let you register a 2stroke! He has all the paperwork for the conversion done by the previous owner and has about 9k in reciepts from the conversion from gas to diesel. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, engine swaps, transfer cases, and more! These Detroit Diesel 6V-53T Aluminum block High output military engines are represented to be in used rebuidable core condition, radiator cooled but no radiators included. Model: Now I am tearing it apart and getting a little too OCD. Diesel Parts Direct is not an authorized dealer for Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, John Deere, or Allison Transmission. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. 1. (GOOD USED) 1978 Detroit Diesel Series 53 6V53 Diesel Engine For Sale, 210 HP @ 2800 RPM, 6 Cylinders, 5.2L, Fan to Flywheel Application, Rotating Counterclockwise, Model # 5067-5000, Spec. It is used in various military, industrial, and highway applications. JavaScript is disabled. This is a result of the engine cycle's high thermal efficiency. It is an easy way to build a lot of psi though. For comparison, a fully dressed Cummins 6BT is roughly 975 lbs and displaces 359 cubic inches! Thing you have to remember about any marine rating on an engine, they will always be higher, because they have an unlimited cooling system. The Detroit 53 series two cycle diesel was introduced in 1957. Detroit Diesel and all of the Detroit Diesel engine models listed on this website are registered trademarks of Daimler AG. The horsepower-to-weight ratio, however, is relatively low and the Detroit two cycle diesels are relatively heavy. I suppose someone could spray water on it. Having been a tractor pulling fan for about 50 years and watched the best from all over the US and Canada at Bowling Green ,Ohio the 3rd weekend in August ,compound turbos does not make a drivable engine . The "silver 53" series was introduced in 1984. With N40 injectors, the torque is between 394 lb ft at 1400 RPM to 322 lb ft at 2800 RPM. How many hours ya got in you? Now Im getting carried away which I didnt want to do. that needs to be in a Hot Rod Pickup (20s/30s), no hood to show it off! Houston, Texas 77082. Oil Analysis helps a great deal when servicing Detroit Motors. Ram 2500 and 3500 trucks are available with either a 6.4L Hemi V8 gasoline engine rated at 410 horsepower and 429 lb-ft of torque, or an optional Cummins 6.7L inline six cylinder diesel that makes 370 horsepower and 850 ft-lbs of torque. The 6V53 is a little screamer - it revs higher than the later 71 and 92 series engines, and because it's a two-stroke it sounds like . Will this create an issue at inspection time as the bus has been altered from it's original design? These aluminum block based engines were (as we understand) primarily for military applications where weight was needed to be cut. Previous product. P C Industries supplies both Genuine and OEM Replacement parts for Detroit Diesel engines. Diesel Conversion Forum . Provide as much information as you can about the parts you require and our knowledgeable staff will promptly answer your request. Simple ,just buy some 140 injectors and hang on ! But in all seriousness the main webs and crank will not stand up to the torsional vibrations low rpms will produce. Anyone around for moral support lol. Be sure you plan your overhead costs like an engine dynamometer . Had an old IH one ton into which I transplanted exactly that motor, loved that truck. It certainly looks like it, but I don't know big diesel engines that well. That may be why I had no issues idling for hours. Detroit Diesel 6v53-t With 145 Hours Detroit Diesel 6V53T Turbo Engine RUNS EXC. This will e-mail you a quote for the item number shown above. The horsepower-to-weight ratio, however, is relatively low and the Detroit two cycle diesels are relatively heavy. I had the pleasure of getting to do some work at a BAE Systems facility in Anniston, AL where they were doing refits on those. You may also call us at 877.480.2120 to inquire about current pricing and availability of our products. Is Your RV Ruined By Delamination? I'm not big into Detroits but still something I like to store. First you have to slip the clutch unmercifully to apply the load to get the fuel and water mist to the point where the power is produced ,then the RPM drops so much in a short time to lose the boost . SCREAMING JIMMY - REBUILT 1977DETROIT DIESEL6V53T MILITARY ENGINE (330HP, 775LB/FT @ 1600RPM) FOXY BOXY - 1979 GMC 7000 SIERRA MOTORHOME - DETROIT4-53T SILVER/JAKES, RTO-6610, EATON 2 SPEED REAR DIESEL TEASER - 1942 HALL-SCOTT 177 ENGINE - 855 CUBIC INCH SOHC HEMI - HAND CRANK START How many horsepower and how hard are you pushing it? Detroit Diesel 6V53T Turbo Engine RUNS EXC. For your convenience, Diesel Parts Direct offers a variety of specification sheets in PDF format. Allison Transmission and all of their transmissionmodels listed on this website are registered trademarks of Allison Transmission. Nice piece of machinery, and there is no doubt that Detroit Diesels 2 stroke engines were the worlds far and away best machine ever designed to turn good distillate into noise. The series 53 is offered in 2, 3, 4, and 6-cylinder inline as well as 6, 8, and 12V-configurations. "(No problem, it works doesn't it?). They typically cool pretty well. MINT MINT CONDITION, LESS THAN 300 HOURS ON THESE ENGINES!! Engine Serial No: 06D0304221; HorsePower: 220@2500; Additional Information : 0 Hours Reman. Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR. The US military is still using them more than half a century after they were introduced, and Crown used them in some of their rear-engine Embree buses. Also the boat doesn't smell like lube oil and the bilge is spotless! We carry a large assortment of new and remanufactured parts for the following models: For more information on 53 Series engines, please visit our Detroit Diesel documentation page. The 6.5L Detroit Diesel engine was introduced in 1992 as the new and improved version of the 6.2L Diesel engine. All depends on it's HP rating and it's duty cycle. Oct 11, 2022Brian LohnesBangShift XL, XL Videos8. VIDEO! Main Bearings: 4 Detroit Diesel 6V53 Torque They are very helpful when tracking the health of ANY motor! They had a dyno room where they test ran the engines as well. At 400 Hp expect about 2000 hours with good maintenance. Year: 1990. Keep oil in it, keep the fuel clean and run it. The 6V53 is small, sounds like this bus was built for level ground only. How Often Should You Change Your RV Tires? The truck 6V53T usually had 5A50 injectors and were usually 225hp. CARB rules for diesel's only apply to commercial vehicles. Northern NH here. There is about a 100-150hp difference. After working on countless scallop trawlers, a little DD doesn't bother me. You may wish to inquire about our NO RISK 100% REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT--it is contingent on your inspection or inspection by a qualified mechanic or Factory Authorized Dealer. B Series 1990; B Series 1992-1994; C Series; V/VT 378/504/555 Series; Perkins. Having increased cubic inches 6-71/6V71 = 426cuin 6-92/6V92 = 552cuin of displacement would not only increase the power H.P./Torque ratings but also the effectiveness of a Jake Brake if I chose to install one. You have to remember that most of us are not looking at the excessive lugging these engines were designed to take. I had a 6v53 in a Sisu. Opens in a new window or tab. They would have different specs for injector height as well, which is how timing is set. used. A 159 CID engine, for example, weighs in at nearly 1,000 lbs. Manufacturer: Detroit; . Modifications to the engine family promised better fuel economy, quieter operation, and more horsepower across the board. We utilize the same numbering system as Detroit Diesel. Many of you out there may not know that there were aluminum block versions of Detroit Diesels produced over the course of time. The only two stroke Detroit I have now is a 4-53 in a Stewart and Stevenson generator from the early 60's. Y'all know these 'Screamin Gimmys are two stoke engines. Also available as a pdf download. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 6V-53T Used ex-military Aluminum Eng's DETROIT DIESEL Item # 85720 Description Get Price Quote Now These Detroit Diesel 6V-53T x-military (Aluminium) engines are represented to be in used crank-able core condition, radiator cooled but no radiators included. IMPORTANT: Our automatic e-mail quotes (e-mails you a price usually in 10 minutes 24 hours a day 7 days a week) and is designed to give you an approximate price for a requested unit as quickly as possible. The 12 cylinder version is extremely rare and was reportedly only produced for 1965 to 1968 model years; it is rumored that under 25 of these engines were placed into service. I'm thinking of having it surveyed or at least inspected before I commit to it.
Radio Cymru Tudur Owen, Philadelphia Antiques Show 2022, Detroit Jail Mugshots, Virgil Mcdowell Wife, Airing The Addisons Email Address, Articles OTHER